main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Charlie Rose has been officially sacked by CBS.

2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

It's not: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...uct-detailed-by-disney-pixar-insiders-1059594

3. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well sheeet.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Does it violate the thread rules if politicians are discussed in the thread? Al Franken abides by the thread rules because he was on SNL / It's Pat.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Franken's been mentioned here and the politics thread, so yeah he can be discused.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anthony Weinner counts cuz he has an IMDB page and not only the "star" of a documentary but even an acting credit (In Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No). Roy Moore has an IMDB page, mostly archive footage but also appearing as a panelist on news talk shows and at least 1 2008 documentary. Also George HW Bush (who is in something called Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue from 1990 to keep kids off the drugs) and ditto Bill Clinton (who actually has 2 actor credits to his name, oddly) and, y'know, Trump.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I wonder if there'll be a set of trading cards

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

It's illegal to own people like this.

solojones, BigAl6ft6, Ghost and 3 others like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Jake Tapper. The tweet he responded to, is why we can’t have nice things. People actually think that there is no middle ground between “Innocent men can and should be collateral damage in the process of undoing the patriarchy” and “She welcomed assault by what she wore and what she drank.”

Here’s a thought: investigate the actual situation to determine if there is evidence that it happened. Up to and including an investigation into whether the accuser has a history of lying. Not a history of drinking or initiating sex—a history of lying and making false accusations.

But I guess that would make too much sense, and deviating all over the goddamn place, and posting utterly abhorrent views and calling them merely “unpopular” (I guess that’s not OK for the right but is supposed to be OK for the left? Nope, not at all) is easier.

With Roy Moore there is evidence that he was banned from shopping malls for harassing teenage girls. He also flat-out admitted that he dated high schoolers and tried to make it OK by “getting permission from her mother.” Trump flat-out admitted that he spied on teenage girls in the dressing room and tried to make it OK by saying that he owned the pageant. With Franken there is photographic evidence.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Well now you done did it! Now we HAVE to make these.

13. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Here's a picture of Emmett Till.
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of Emmett Till after a false harassment allegation.

no thanks. we can all google.

Emily Lindin can rot in hell.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC, why did I scroll down.[face_sick]

Edit: SithSense - could you please put that second picture of Till behind a cut?

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You, uh, know that's a Hollywood Reporter article that reported that allegation, correct? And not Jezebel? I'm sure you didn't comment without reading, of course... :p

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Pastor Flip Benham, who has possibly the best possible name for a pastor, offers up this defense of Roy Moore:

“He did that because there is something about a purity of a young woman, there is something that is good, that’s true, that’s straight and he looked for that.”

The old "meets the definition of pedophilia" defense.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My reaction to that would violate the TOS on several levels.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    ******* hell, you went there.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

And you caught the post after Heels edited.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  21. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Flip is a perfectly normal name over here. I have a cousin-in-law called Flip.

22. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004

It makes me think of those people on the internet that insist on using the word ephebophilia instead of pedophilia. They just completely miss the point.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

The sad thing is that Linden is receiving publicity and exposure for an "unpopular opinion" that's not actually an opinion. It's presumably invoked as one simply because, like, you know, it's ok to just have an opinion and people shouldn't get offended by them.

Lack of concern for the potential consequences is not an opinion. It's an abdication of empathy (among many other things) and essentially saying that two wrongs make a right, even just indirectly. Neither of those things have any place in a feminist conversation. In my opinion.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Saying two wrongs make a right doesn't have a place in any conversation, period.

Martoto77 likes this.