main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    More on Stan Lee

From his legal team:
    “We are not aware of anyone filing a civil action, or reporting these issues to the police, which for any genuine claim would be the more appropriate way for it to be handled. Instead, Mr. Lee has received demands to pay money and threats that if he does not do so, the accuser will go to the media. Mr. Lee will not be extorted or blackmailed, and will pay no money to anyone because he has done absolutely nothing wrong.”

It does note:
    It’s important to remember that in many cases of abuse, survivors do not feel comfortable coming forward about the events they experienced for a plethora of reasons.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    A lorry load of salt is needed on this one. That article is just regurgitating the daily mail

Master_Rebado and Diggy like this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Indeed. Heelsy should know better. But his jealousy of Marvel has driven him mad.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

6. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    French contrarian trolls?! Well, I never!

8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    When you put Matt Damon's name up their with no context (unless you follow the link and sit through the video) it looks like he's being accused of sexual harassment, rather than being subject to criticism for saying there are different degrees of sexual harassment.

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    tying up a woman and taking nude photos of her then threatening to use the photos if she ever talks seems so much like some kind of black ops/illegal rendition thing unlike a Navy Seal.

13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Strike 2 today

Darth Punk likes this.
  14. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Hm. I only read the title. I assumed the harassment he was commenting on was his own.

15. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I read an article in the Guardian on this subject this morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...men-harvey-weinstein-scandal?CMP=share_btn_tw

The headlines are worse than what she actually said. There are ways the “MeToo” movement can be undermined by being taken too far, the earlier mentioned comment about innocent men being “collateral damage” to get this movement going, being the best and most extreme example.

And I don’t think a man needs to be ruined professionally for making a pass in a manner that isn’t crude (and if you have to ask if it’s crude, don’t say it)...as long as he backs off when she says “no.”

A lot of the responses against this movement have come from the assumption that women “play hard to get.” Many of us are more straightforward than some people give us credit for, and if a woman is “playing hard to get” and the man walks away because he took “no” as “no”—he did the right thing, and maybe she’ll learn not to play idiotic games next time.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Katrina vanden Heuvel said it about as well and succinctly as I've heard it said. She said we need a zero tolerance policy, but "zero tolerance" has to go along with two other things: "due process" and "proportionality." I like that a lot. It seems like the "proportionality" argument has been getting a lot of blowback lately; that's part of what Matt Damon was trying to say and it got twisted that he was defending abusers.

I've asked women out at work before. Here's a case study in results: when one said no, I backed off and continued to treat her professionally when we worked together on things. When one said yes, we treated each other professionally in the workplace while we tried it and when it didn't work out, we continued to treat each other professionally in the workplace. I tend to think the "playing hard to get" thing is usually an excuse trotted out by men to excuse themselves for harassing people. Anyway, if a woman is playing hard to get with me, we probably wouldn't work out anyway, since I'm not into relationship "games," so it's just as well for me to go ahead and walk away. Some women feel that being asked out at work at all is improper and that is their prerogative. I don't think it's improper to make an approach at work, if it's done gracefully and backed out of just as gracefully if the woman signals a "no." I do think it's improper if there's a chain of command issue or an obvious power imbalance. I don't think a supervisor should approach an underling in that way. The whole point of all these anti-harassment things is to remove the ability of someone to exert pressure on someone else; with a supervisor in the asking position, that pressure is already implicit.

Once, when I was younger, so much younger than today, I did ask a young woman out numerous times. I reckon that's the closest I've come to sexual harassment and I do actually regret that today. I was just operating off the "playing hard to get" messaging society sends everyone. I feel kind of embarrassed about it now, mainly on her behalf because I'm sure it was very awkward for her. Youth: you're usually stupid.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess Steven Seagal will be moving to Russia soon.

LAPD investigating

I thought maybe it was something new but these are old accusations that have been around for years.

19. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Doesn't he already live there?

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

So I guess he truly is....

[​IMG]

The Master of None

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002