main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Imici

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Mar 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    This is um...a bit off topic :)

I just learned about this kewl new instant messaging client that can combine your AIM, Yahoo IM, MSN Messenger, and ICQ buddy lists into one program. It saves you the clutter/RAM of having all 4 clients open at once. Check it out!

www.imici.com

Let me know what you think :D

2. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    It works great. I am on it now talking with some ICQ contacts and some AIM.

3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I have found out the following, you must have an account for each service you plan on using.
    Second, when naming your contacts, stay away from using (). Example: Empyre (Todd). I could not send Todd a message nor delete him from the list and add him again. I had to uninstall Imici, delete the install directory, and reinstall Imici before I could add Todd again, this time naming hiim Empyre Todd.

Just letting you know.

4. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Why would you put a name in paretheses in the first place? With the exception of the ICQ client, which does it for you?

Yep, I am using it as well. I dug up my ICQ number from years ago just to test it out and see how it works. I am using all four services just fine. I wonder how they can tap into AOL's network if MSN couldn't? Hmm... maybe they are too small-change for AOL to care about.

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I've tried it, but there were times when it couldn't connect with one or two of the different IM programs. I've switched to using my IM programs individually rather than Imici.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.