main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immortality - A JA Fan-Fic by Jedi Chikara and Jedi Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I don't know if they've seen the last of Catisia or not! That seemed a tad too easy. Great post Jedi Obi-Wan. I look forward to more.

2. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Hey, that post was mine! :p ;)

3. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oops! Sorry! [face_blush] I was going by the "Posted By" up at the top of the screen. Great post, Jedi Chikara! *slinks away in shame*

4. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    go Kaloni!!

So Obi's safe (sorta) and Qui is still wandering around looking for him (and getting into trouble?)

but the bad guy escaped...

looking forward to more!

5. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    p_stotts, LOL! :D

6. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    ((This post by Jedi Obi-Wan))

The corridor was covered in moss and filth. Dulls lamps cast faint shadows on the stone walls. Beady eyed rats ran before him with no
    fear. Dead vermin of all types littered the floor. The smell of blood was rampant.

Qui-Gon traveled farther and began to feel faint traces of life, though they seemed far away. Was this the wrong path? Had the guard, even in her subconscious, lied to him? The Jedi Master sighed and was about to turn around when something caught his eye. Hand resting gently on his lightsaber, he inched toward it. As he got closer, he realized it was a painting, but of what?

He came upon it and gasped. It was a portrait of the Asteros family. A painting of them in their younger days. The tall Senator stood behind his wife with a hand on her shoulder. His petite wife was smiling, and held in her arms a baby.

And in the small child's chest was plunged a carving knife. A crimson liquid poured from the painting. Qui-Gon touched it. Blood. Fresh blood.

Walking farther down the hall, he saw more paintings of that sort. A young boy being run over by a speeder. An old woman falling out of the window. The paintings were all evil, all meant to strike fear into those who viewed them. He passed wall after wall of them, nearly gawking in shock at some. Who would do this?

One particular painting caught his eye. It was a picture of a Jedi, or at least his lightsaber. The picture itself had been shot with a blaster. The lightsaber hovered over the body of a large man. The man held in his left hand an electro lance. In the other was a whip. But this was no ordinary whip.

It had two prongs on the end of a leather strip. They were curved like claws, and glowed with heat. A torture instrument, designed to bring a slow and painful death. There was an inscription on the bottom, but it was smudged slightly. Qui-Gon brushed it off and looked closer.

Ban-Yeo Antria. May he suffer the same fate as Palitah.

"That one is my favorite."

Qui-Gon whirled around and ignited his saber. Why hadn't he felt the man?
    The man smiled. "Mmm, that thing is rather useless here. Qui-Gon Jinn, meet my pet."

He reached over and patted a Ysalamiri on his shoulder. The small animals were the only known thing that could suck the force right out of a room, and disable a Jedi. They were also used as torture instruments for Jedi. A bite from a Ysalamiri would cause a slight amount of discomfort for a normal man. But for a Jedi, it caused excrutiating pain.

Qui-Gon didn't deactivate his saber. Even without the force, it was the only weapon he carried. The only thing that could save him, Kaloni, and his beloved apprentice. Force, he wished he knew if the boy was alive. The only way to make certain that Obi-Wan would survive was to defeat this beast.

The man before him carried a vibro blade and a whip like the one in the picture. He strongly resembled the man in the painting. A mop of dark hair. Eyes so black, they reminded him of the everlasting pits of the dark side.

A monster. Someone you only see in your worst nightmares. This is who stood before the Jedi. This is the one who was sent to kill the Jedi. This is the one who's grin could send a child into shock. This was the one they call Mihawe'.

Mihawe' stared cooly at the Jedi. "My brother, Pali. Struck down by one of your kind, Jedi. Do you know what it feels like to lose someone close to you? To lose a brother..." he paused, "or perhaps a son?"

He was taunting him. Trying to get him to attck out of anger. Qui-Gon just stared at him. He would not give in.

"Have you ever seen a fifteen year old old boy scream in pain, Master Jedi? Have you ever seen a fifteen year old Jedi scream for his Master, when his Master was not to be found?" he smiled. "I have. I've heard his screams. I saw his pain." his smile turned to a grin. "I inflicted it. I killed him."

It took everything for the rage that was seeping up inside him to stay put. If he so much as layed a finger on his Padawan...But was he lying? Or was he telling the tru

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh, great post! Loved the action and suspense in that one! Keep em coming you guys! *I will not even venture to type the name of the author for fear of being wrong. You know who you are, and I liked your post.*
    ;)

8. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    ((This post by Jedi Chikara))

The halls were quieter now. Occasionally a Jem agent would walk by, but it was becoming increasingly clear that this Jem stronghold was not as large or extensive as it had seemed. As Kaloni crept through the hallways, half-carrying, half-pulling the limp body of Obi-Wan, she began to wonder whether this really was the main Jem headquarters on Kiriath. Could it be that they had escaped detection, not once as this establishment proved, but twice or even more times? Maybe their organization was so large it had found its way through the whole social system of Kiriath, covering their tracks with ease. Or maybe they weren?t large at all, but just a small terrorist group pining for the spotlight as they had been painted in the media, a group not large enough to have a decent sized building to house their measly troops and weaponry. Somehow that didn?t strike her as the case. They had waltzed into the shopping mall, caused havoc, killed many, and kidnapped a Force user, all without detection or intervention. But if they were as powerful as that instance led her to believe, then they must have another building elsewhere. Or maybe it was off planet, on Ekron or another planet in this system. Yes, that could be it. Maybe they were in league with the Kiriath enemy. That would make sense. But nothing could prove this. For all accounts, the Jems appeared as patriotic zealots, rebelling against a government who would not, in fact, war with their planetary neighbors. She had a lot to think about; but not before she found Qui-Gon and whisked Obi-Wan away to safety.
    ?Boy Obi-Wan, lose some weight, will you.? She yanked the unconscious form further onto her shoulder, bringing the boys head closer to her own. All that came from Obi-Wan in response was some indiscriminate sound. He was still out cold.

Kaloni had had enough of this. The next empty room the pair came to they entered and collapsed to the floor in the most concealed position Kaloni could find. It was a small, dark room, with strange machinery on the far wall that begged for further investigation. But Kaloni didn?t dare turn on the lights for fear of discovery. The Jems would surely be searching for their ?visitors? by now. Where was Qui-Gon? She knew she couldn?t get out of here alone. The longer they stayed apart, the less chance Obi-Wan would get out of here alive. That was all that mattered anymore. Kaloni didn?t care much for her own life. There wasn?t anything left for her. Her parents had been killed; she had no relatives alive to care for her. A new senator would be elected for Kiriath soon and no one would care about an orphan troublemaker like herself. But Obi-Wan deserved to live. And if he didn?t then it would be her fault. She couldn?t live with that. She couldn?t die knowing that either. Death. She wasn?t afraid of that now. How could things have gone this far? Maybe she didn?t feel she deserved to live like Obi-Wan did. She had been terrible to her parents; she had been alone all her life. She couldn?t even say goodbye to them, to let them know she loved them. If she had the chance, she would of told them that she?d be good, she wouldn?t make trouble or get into it. She?d be the child they wanted her to be. The child they wanted.

Before she knew it, Kaloni was crying. Almost instinctively, she pulled Obi-Wan closer to her, motherly keeping him from harm or preying eyes. Kaloni turned her head slightly to gaze into the boy?s face. His right eye was purple and swollen, and faint scars were littered on his cheeks and forehead. He was a mess, plainly said. Kaloni reached out a hand and brushed away the dirt caked on those scarred cheeks and forehead. Once he was sufficiently cleaned, she stopped and cupped his chin in her thumb and forefinger. For all the pain he must have been going through these past days, he looked so calm in his sleep. Almost happy. Maybe he was, maybe he could still feel what was happening around him even though he was unconscious. Maybe he could read her thoughts and was dreaming about them right now. She

9. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    I can imagine that it was one of the hardest things he's ever had to do, even if they did ask him to kill them...

a wonderful set of posts you two!! Can't wait to see what's next in store for our gang...

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    What a hard, hard thing...but so merciful. I can imagine Qui-Gon doing that. Great post. Can't wait for more.

11. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999

Kaloni handled her blaster nervously. The Kiriath Security Force had been contacted and a squad of armed airspeeders capable of leveling the building had been deployed. They would be here soon. Where was Master Qui-Gon? She couldn?t go without him. Obi-Wan wouldn?t survive. She didn?t even know where this secret passageway she heard about on the comlink was. Qui-Gon had said he?d come for then soon. What could possibly be holding him up? Maybe the Jems had found him and he was dead. No, that couldn?t be possible. He was a Jedi, and a Master upon that. A Jedi Master couldn?t be killed. Not according to what she had heard.
    A sound at the door caught Kaloni?s attention. She spun around quickly, blaster aimed at the sound?s source.

?Master Qui-Gon!? Kaloni breathed a sigh of relief, dropping the blaster to her side.

?Where is my Padawan?? Qui-Gon stormed into the room, looking from side to side with an unease that seemed out of place. Kaloni looked closer. The Jedi Master looked weary, distressed even. There was blood on his cloak. Not his blood. Someone else?s; had he been in battle? Maybe that was what had kept him up. From his current state of agitation though, Kaloni thought it better not to ask him about it.

Qui-Gon spotted Obi-Wan lying against the wall, falling to his knees immediately and pulling the boy into his arms. Kaloni watched on in sober silence as the Master checked the boy for injuries, then brushed hair away from Obi-Wan?s face. Kaloni smiled. Her father used to care for her that way when she was younger. She could remember the way he would fuss over her when she was hurt or got in trouble. It was really only then when she knew he loved her. When she was behaved, he had no time for her. He was always too busy with work or some important dignitary to spend time with his daughter. She had to be disobedient or rebellious to get his attention, and then, when that happened, usually all that resulted was a shouting match or regretful words. Seeing the way Qui-Gon treated his surrogate son now made her sad, sad that it couldn?t be different for her anymore, or that she hadn?t tried harder with her parents. Qui-Gon had a second chance with Obi-Wan, if he needed it. Obi-Wan would survive now. But Kaloni didn?t have that. She couldn?t change what had happened. She wouldn?t have the opportunity to apologize to her parents or try to make things right again. She wouldn?t have the second chance to make her relationship right with them.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes and sighed deeply. It had been too close this time. Obi-Wan stirred slightly at his Master?s touch. Qui-Gon opened his eyes again and gazed down at his Padawan. He could feel Kaloni standing off to the side watching them. Deep down he wanted to gain some control of himself, to hide his emotions like he had done for a long time. But he felt strangely comfortable showing the concern, the worry, the affection he had for Obi-Wan in front of her. He felt she could understand. From the time he had taken Obi-Wan as his student to the time Kaloni had come to him heralding Obi-Wan?s predicament, he had bottled up the apprehension he had for the boy. There was no way he could have expected to see him like this, battered and dying. He had never expected to see the day his student would be in such danger.

Finally he stood, slightly embarrassed of his display of emotion. Kaloni offered him a compassionate smile. She knew he couldn?t show all that he was feeling. It was better that way for a Jedi.

?When will they be here?? Qui-Gon asked in hushed tones.

?Half a standard hour,? Kaloni replied evenly. ?We?d better get going.?

Qui-Gon didn?t answer. Kneeling once again, his robes hulking around him like the wings of a bird of prey, he scooped Obi-Wan up into his arms gently, his cloak enveloping the fragile figure like those same wings of a mother bird protecting her chicks. Kaloni followed him out of the room.

?We need to get to Catisia?s office. There?s a meeting room beside it. That?s where we?ll find the passagew

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    A great, suspenseful escape and rescue! Great job!

13. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    whew...so they made it out...and in more or less one piece...

another great post!

14. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999

Obi-Wan had been in the bacta tank for a long time now. The medical droids refused to allow either Qui-Gon or Kaloni to see him. But Qui-Gon didn?t mind; the main thing was that Obi-Wan was going to survive the ordeal intact. Getting the boy medical attention was the Jedi Master?s first priority after they had been rescued from Mount Yokamu. The Director of the Kiriath Security Force had requested a meeting with Qui-Gon immediately after their arrival at the medical center. Kaloni had held the fort during his absence and now paced the waiting room they were in with more fervor and anxiety than the Jedi Master felt he himself possessed.
    The Director had been more than curious on how Qui-Gon had discovered the Jem base in a matter of hours while the KSF had failed to do so in over a decade. In addition, he had been furious that the Jedi had not called in the KSF to take out the base in the beginning. Qui-Gon had brushed off the Director?s complaints, saying he had more important things to attend, namely the safe being of his Padawan. The Director had accepted this for the time being on the condition that all further investigations made by the Jedi were to be in cooperation with his people. It had been enough to agree at that point in time, but nothing was going to keep Qui-Gon from continuing his inquiry without interference or assistance. That was just the way he worked. It had taken long enough for him to get used to the idea of having a student again, let alone an entire organization watching over his shoulder.

?Sit down Kaloni. Your incessant pacing isn?t going to make Obi-Wan heal any faster.?

Kaloni obliged, sitting in a chair at the end of the row Qui-Gon sat at. Her head fell into her hands again in a familiar position of worry. ?How can you sit there so calm and in control, Master Qui-Gon, when your student could be dying for all you know??

Qui-Gon leaned back in his chair and shut his eyes. ?I can, because I know he isn?t dying. He?ll be fine. You will see him again.?

Kaloni eased slightly at that comment, though she still leant forward in her chair.

The room was quiet. Qui-Gon had a few questions he wanted to ask of Kaloni though he did not know whether this was the best time to do so. He needed to know the extent of her relationship with Obi-Wan. They were both young, but not that young. He knew what this could do to Obi-Wan as a person and his chances at being a full-fledged Jedi Knight. As soon as Obi-Wan was well enough to speak again he would have a talk with the impatient young Jedi. But now was as good a time as any to find out from Kaloni what was going on between them.

?How long have you known him??

Kaloni was surprised by the suddenness of Qui-Gon?s question. ?Not very long.?

?Can you tell me when you met him??

?After the attack at the palace. In the hospital.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?Kaloni, we?ve been through enough now to know that we can be frank to each other.?

?Yes,? Kaloni replied uneasily.

Qui-Gon sighed. She didn?t sound too happy. He wouldn?t do it that way then. ?Do you know how hard it is to become a Jedi??

?I have some idea.?

?It?s not easy I assure you. You need the utmost focus and determination. Above all, you need no distractions. Do you understand what I am saying??

Kaloni seemed agitated. ?No, Master Jedi, I don?t.?

?How well do you know Obi-Wan??

?Not as well as you seem to think. We?re just friends, Master Qui-Gon, nothing more.?

Qui-Gon paused, choosing to let what had been said sink in. ?Obi-Wan cares for you Kaloni. I know him better than anyone. He wouldn?t act the way he has been just for anyone. I?m afraid that if he continues getting to know you in the manner he has displayed he may dig himself into a hole. He can sacrifice his chance at being a Jedi for this. I know he is headstrong enough to do so.?

?What are you saying, Master Qui-Gon?? Her gaze grew cold and steely. ?Do you think he loves me? Is that what you?re saying? Because I can tell you now he doesn?t.? Kaloni dropped her voice to j

15. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    another good post...

wondering what's up next...

16. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    I completely forgot to look at this story **sheepish grin**

Its still as terrifying as I remember...and getting better with each post.

I can't wait for more!

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Anxiously awaiting the next post! :D

18. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    ((This post by Jedi Obi-Wan))

And the sheep enters the lion's den...

Qui-Gon let out an involuntary sigh born of frustration as he eased open the door to Gywen Siore's office. He stepped inside caustiously. Gywen stood there, a huge grin on his face. "Qui-Gon my friend! I've been expecting you. Please, have a seat." he said, with a smile so sweet it made Qui-Gon uneasy.

Gywen stepped over to the bar and poured himself a glass of ginger ale. "Would you like some, Qui my boy?"

Qui-Gon eyed him suspiciously. Siore had to be at least half his age, and he was calling him "my boy"? Knowing Siore very little though he did, it still didn't take a genius to figure out that he shouldn't be acting this kind. "No, thank you."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself." Gywen walked over and plopped himself down in the chair behind his desk. He swiveled it around so he could meet the Jedi's gaze. "Now, getting down to business. You...half-witted, ignorant, freak nerfherder!" he said, snarling and leaping out of his chair.

Gywen Siore looked into Qui-Gon's eyes with fury. You Jedi have got to be the most weak minded beings in the galaxy! How could you do something that drastic without informing the KSF? You..."

"I assesed the situation and acted accordingly. My apprentice was in danger. It would have taken the KSF much too long to group and act. Something had to be done immediatly." Qui-Gon said, keeping his cool inspite of the anger radiating from Siore.

"You were willing to sacrifice the safety of an entire planet and let the Jems escape in order to save a pathetice fifteen year old rat!?" he spat. "Excuse me for calling you weak minded, Jedi, because it seems that you have no mind whatsoever! I've heard better excuses from a drunken Hutt!"

Qui-Gon met his gaze steadily. "You did not loose the Jems, and I did call you. But I had to tend to my Padawan first."

"And the girl? Were you trying to get her killed?"

"I was unaware that she was following me. She chose to put herself in danger."

Gywen swung around and slammed his fist on the desk. "Couldn't you have used that force of yours to detect her? If young Asteros had died..."

"But she didn't. You dwell on what might have happened, not what did. Look at the future, do not dwell on the past. You were able to round up all of the Jems, am I correct? And did that not end a planetary problem?

"Yes, but..."

Qui-Gon leaned back in his chair, his point made. But it only angered Gywen more. "I do not need your Jedi wisdom!" he stormed. "We should have never invited you here! You Jedi know nothing about Kiriath! Representatives from our planet are on Ekron right now trying to resolve this. We had agreed to form an alliance with them! We needed to call for their help to show our trust in them. But because of you, Jedi, they do not think that we trust them! They are threatening to call in the treaty! What do you have to say about that? What do you think of the situation now?"

"I knew there was a possibility of consequences. But I'd be happy to help you resolve any thing that may have come about as result of my actions."

"NO! You think we would let you interefere again? After what you did?" Siore fumed. "I think not."

"I was only offering to assist in fixing the problem."

"Well, don't!" he snapped. "We do not need you Jedi! As a matter of fact, I think that..."

The intercom on the wall buzzed. Siore groaned and walked over to it. "Sara, I don't have time..."

"It's Malik."

Gywen sighed. "Alright, send him in."

A few moments later Malik stormed in the room. "Where is he? When I get my hand on him..."

Qui-Gon didn't need to ask who he was talking about. He rose. Malik caught sight of him and stormed over.

"Do you know what you did Jedi? Do you? The new treaty negotiations have failed! We had almost reached a deal, and because of your little stunt, it failed!"

Qui-Gon sighed. The situation had escilated out of in one brief moment, because of a single action.

"As I was telling Siore here, I would be happy to help. Just as so

19. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000

Kaloni walked slowly down the halls of the medical center, deep in thought. Obi-Wan should be sleeping now. Sweet dreams. Why did she suddenly feet guilty saying that? How much more flirtatious could she get?
    ?Stupid, Kaloni, very stupid,? she murmured to herself. The whole conversation she had had with Qui-Gon came flooding back. Was it guilt she was feeling? Or something else? She couldn?t understand anything she was feeling now for this boy Jedi she had met just a few weeks before, a boy she?d risked her life for, something she wouldn?t have done for anyone else, even her parents. Obi-Wan. Just saying his name made her feel light-headed. She repeated his name over and over and every time she did Qui-Gon?s stern warnings came back, louder and more forcefully, drowning out the dizzy feeling she?d get. Perhaps it would be better if she just stayed out of Obi-Wan?s way before they got too close. But contemplating that made her eternally sad. It was like she could see into the future and a big gaping hole was waiting for her, deep down inside. What she had now felt so right. She didn?t want to give it up, even though she felt she had to.

Kaloni stepped up to the front desk. A large man in a dark cloak was standing next to her, talking to the nurse.

?I need the room number for the Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. I?m from the KSF, here to interview him.?

The nurse eyed him suspiciously, a reaction mirrored by Kaloni, who stayed off to the side inconspicuous. This was unusual.

?I?ll need to see some I.D. sir.?

?Certainly.? The man handed over a glossy card bearing his photo and a few lines of information. A hologram appeared from the card of the KSF insignia. Kaloni stared intently at the hologram, still remaining off in the background. There was something about that card. She stared harder at it. It wasn?t the card she had the bad feeling about; it was the two men sitting in the background directly in her line of sight that bothered her. They both wore the heavy coats this man wore. Kaloni shifted her gaze, just spotting the small bulge on one man?s right hip.

?It all looks in order, sir, I?ll need to contact the 2-1B droid in the room to vacate it. Would you like me to notify the guards that have been assigned just now by your department to leave??

?Please,? the man replied.

Kaloni backed away from the desk cautiously, then broke into a run back to Obi-Wan?s room. Guards? When had they been assigned? And those men, they weren?t in the KSF, she was sure of it. Kaloni slid around the corner into the hallway where Obi-Wan?s room was, spotting the two guards down the far end of the corridor just arriving. She ducked into the room before they could see her and rushed to Obi-Wan?s bedside, knocking aside the medical droid as she did so.

?Obi-Wan! Obi-Wan you have to wake up!?

Obi-Wan opened his eyes lazily and looked up to her in a drug-induced haze. ?Kaloni??

?We have to go.? Kaloni reached a hand around Obi-Wan?s waist and hoisted him up off the bed.

?Where are we going?? Obi-Wan asked in a muffled voice.

?I don?t know,? Kaloni answered breathlessly. ?But there are men coming for you, and I don?t trust them. We need to get you somewhere where you?ll be safe.?

As if to accentuate her words, vicious shouting broke out outside the door, followed by a quick staccato of blaster shots.

Obi-Wan almost immediately emerged from his drowsiness at the noise. ?What was that??

He lessened some of the weight bearing down on his friend and shuffled to the window overlooking the city, Kaloni at his side. ?There?s no where else to go.? Kaloni helped Obi-Wan onto the windowsill. ?Now for you to show me some of that Jedi ability of yours.?

?Wait.? Obi-Wan reached up a weak hand and called the lightsaber on the bedside table to it. ?You go first, I can cover you.?

Just seconds later the cloaked attackers burst into the room, releasing a flurry of shots as they did so. Obi-Wan deflected most of them, giving just enough time for Kaloni to slip out the window and

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Man, just when we caught our breath...more action to take it away again. I thought that was entirely too easy. Great couple of posts!

21. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    oh, a great couple of posts...

yes, the kids need to find a way to get word to Qui so he knows where they are and what happened...

looking forward to more!

22. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
  23. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Wow, what a wonderful set of posts. I love how you both write back and forth between Qui and Obi. It's great to see how they're both getting into their own troubles.

Post again soon, please!

24. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Thanks Susie! :D

Sorry about the lack of posts guys, but because this is an old story we're having trouble finding old posts and arranging them back in order. We'll have it done soon though.

25. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I would say take your time, but then I'd be lying. Please do hurry :)

Although, I do understand trying to get things in order **looks at the messed up thing she's calling a 'fic'** Oh boy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.