main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immortality - A JA Fan-Fic by Jedi Chikara and Jedi Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Someone has to stop these MONSTERS!!!! What is going on??? [face_shocked]
    Please let Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon survive this!!

2. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    ((This post by Jedi Chikara))

"Please no," Obi-Wan sobbed, tears streaming down his face, "no, no this can't be happening."

Blood was flowing unhindered from the cut wound at Kaloni's neck, pooling beside her on the cold concrete. Obi-Wan took her head into his lap; her cheeks were cool to his touch, drained and white. Malik stood off to the side silently, his head bowed in mournful respect of the Jedi who had now saved his life and suffered instead and because of him. It took everything the young Jedi could muster to stop from attacking the Ekron viceroy. It was his fault that Kaloni now lay here dying.

"Obi-Wan." A tender pair of fingers drifted across Obi-Wan's wet cheek. The young Jedi gazed down at the girl and tried to mirror the weak smile she now offered him. But it was no use. He couldn't possibly contort his lips beyond a sorrowful scowl, stricken with shattering grief and uncontrollable rage. How could he have been this stupid? Of all the times to be a cocky little?

"Obi-Wan?" It was Kaloni again, but this time her voice was croaky and breathless. Every word was laced with pain.

"Please don't go." Obi-Wan shifted his hands to her wound and pressed hard, hoping to stem the flow of blood. "I need you."

She didn't answer, her eyes open and staring into nothingness. Obi-Wan pressed even harder with his hands, until he felt he would choke her to death before the wound itself would take its toll.

"Jedi?"

"What!!" Obi-Wan whipped his head around to stare vehemently at Malik, his eyes penetrating and wild. "What the hell do you want?!"

"There's nothing you can do for her now," Malik responded softly.

"No." Obi-Wan returned his attention to Kaloni. "No, you just get out of here before I finish the assassin's job off for him."

"But?"

"Just get out of here!"

The anger in the boy's voice was so powerful, Malik felt the force of his pure unadulterated rage would knock him to the ground like a physical punch. Reluctantly, he stepped back and away into the shadows.

"Kaloni?" Obi-Wan's mind raced with all manner of possible solutions to the current disaster, but none presented themselves as being remotely close to working. Some Jedi he was. He couldn't even protect the ones he cared about, the ones he?

Small bolts of electricity skipped between Obi-Wan's fingers as he contemplated his emotions and feelings. The shock caught the boy by surprise. He had been taught not to let emotion fuel his power and his abilities. But now he was willing to do anything. Drawing on the swelling anger festering in his belly, Obi-Wan projected the Force into his hands and fingers, causing yet more bolts of electricity to form around them. The bolts crackled along his fingers and onto Kaloni's neck, sealing the wound ever so slightly. Drops of salt water dropped from Obi-Wan's cheeks to the girl's neck, mingling with the blood and sizzling against the electricity. Thin tendrils of smoke were rising from the gash, tickling Obi-Wan's nostrils and stinging his eyes. Could he be making the injury worse doing this? Was he using the Dark Side? No good could come from it if he was. But the emotion he was drawing on? He didn't even want to think about what that was. It was good and pure and right and couldn't possibly be of the Dark Side. He had to try.

Kaloni coughed viciously, her entire body going into fits as the smoke and smell of burning flesh became stronger and more pungent. The bolts were becoming larger now also, directly resulting from seeing her in yet more pain, and from the self-hate that Obi-Wan subjected himself to as punishment at hurting her like this. Her arms and legs flailed about as if in seizure now, her entire slim frame trembling from the energy coursing through her body. And then she lay perfectly still, small licks of electricity still crackling over her lifeless form.

Obi-Wan bowed his head in final resignation to his fate. He'd failed. For all the times over the last couple of weeks that the difference between success and failure meant so much, and for each and

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Okay, I'll be the first, but I just can't resist...poor Obi! Did Qui-Gon see what he did? Or is he just very relieved to find him alive? More! More! And, thanks for not killing Kaloni. ;)

4. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Thanl you for not killing her off!! But let me guess Obi did exactly what the bad guys wanted him too, and if Qui saw him use the Force lighting, Obi's in BIG trouble.....

5. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999

?You should have contacted me straight away Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon scolded his student in a study room of the palace. It was dusk now. ?I needed your help today at the swearing in. Siore would not have died if?? The venerable Knight paused as he realized what he was saying. Obi-Wan sat on the chair opposite, head in hands in what was a familiar position nowadays. Qui-Gon took a few deep breaths and employed a Jedi meditation technique to calm his boiling temper. It was not his Padawan that was causing such unrest. Rather it was the entire situation, the taunting comments from an invisible enemy, the rapid and well-executed assassinations, the attack on Malik that had just occurred. Someone was playing a game with them, and for all their apparent advantages as Jedi Knights and allies with the Force, they were being outclassed. Whatever this mysterious adversary wanted to accomplish, he could. And the Jedi were unable to do anything about it.

?I?m sorry Master, it?s just?? Obi-Wan rubbed his face in mental and emotional exhaustion, his mouth dry and bitter. ?I don?t know what to do anymore. I?ve been debriefed and? Malik and Kaloni, and now Siore? This probably isn?t making any sense.?

Qui-Gon nodded understandably. Everyone was on edge. With the destruction of the Jems, everything seemed to have been completed, the mission had been deemed to be over. Siore was to become Senator, Asteros? position was finally filled after his tragic death and the culprits had been brought to justice. Now a new opponent had arisen, and neither the KSF nor the Jedi had any idea how to approach the situation. ?The planet is in turmoil. The populace is in shock. And I am becoming increasingly frustrated, my young Padawan. We aren?t doing our duty here.?

?I know Master, but??

A raised hand from Qui-Gon silenced the apprentice. ?I can?t stop you from living your life Obi-Wan. But for the moment, we have more important tasks to attend to. All other problems will be rectified later. For now we must concentrate on our new enemy.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?I understand Master. I still believe the Jems are behind this. We should investigate them further. Perhaps they haven?t been destroyed as we first thought.?

?I agree.? Qui-Gon turned towards the door of the room. ?I want you to find whatever you can on the Jems and their history on Kiriath. For now, I need to interview Malik on the attack today. Perhaps he can enlighten us.?

Obi-Wan stood and headed for the computer terminal at the corner of the room.

?Oh and Obi-Wan.?

?Yes Master?? the young Jedi replied expectantly.

Qui-Gon smiled. ?See how Kaloni is first. Then you can go about your duties.?

Obi-Wan grinned unashamedly. ?Thank you Master. I will pass on your greetings??

Qui-Gon nodded and left the room. Kaloni was staying at the palace now in the bedroom she had occupied before her parents? deaths. Though she hadn?t wanted to be a burden on the staff at the palace, Obi-Wan had insisted that she stay here for a while until she recovered. Kaloni?s room was just down the corridor from his own, allowing him quick access if the need arose.

Obi-Wan broke out of his thoughts as he paced down the corridor, and paused at Kaloni?s door. Cleaner droids buzzed along the floor as they went about their chores, and human staff members were busying themselves preparing the evening meal and seeing to the guests at the palace, few as they were. All political commitments had been postponed upon Asteros? death, and now with Siore?s untimely murder, all interplanetary relations had been cut off. Only with Ekron were Kiriath still involved, hence Malik?s continuing stay on the ice planet. A few dignitaries from nearby worlds had arrived recently to pay their respects and condolences to the dead senator, but many had left the planet this afternoon with the assassination of Siore, fearing for their lives. Those few that remained had confined themselves to the safety of the palace, though Obi-Wan doubted even the palace could be deemed safe anymore, give

6. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Good post, as always! But, Qui-Gon doesn't seem very concerned about what Obi's been through...I mean all he could do was berate him about not getting in contact with him? Isn't that a little harsh? :confused:

7. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    I agree with p_stotts....Obi's been though alot.

8. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jenny_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2001
    I LIKE THIS STORY BUT YOU HAVE MADE QUIGON OUT TO BE TOO COLD TO OBIWAN.... :mad:

9. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Obi-Wan hasn't exactly told Qui-Gon the whole truth about what has happened. He's done a few things that his Master wouldn't be happy with, don't you think? :D

These investigations were getting him nowhere. Obi-Wan rested a heavy head on his palm as he fought to stay awake in front of the computer terminal. It was nighttime now and most of the palace?s occupants had retired for the evening. A plate of cold food sat on the desk beside Obi-Wan, untouched. He?d been pouring over all the criminal files and general information stored in the database of the palace for hours now, searching for some clue as to the identity of their adversary. Nothing had been brought up about the Jems; it was as if all traces of them had been removed from the system.

Obi-Wan stifled a yawn as he forced his mind back onto the task at hand. But what was left to search for? He had already gone through every possible reference to the Jems he could come up with. The criminal files had come up with no leads. This constant feeling of failure was beginning to become frustrating. Obi-Wan racked his brain for an answer. What did he know about the Jems? He could remember those paintings in Catisia?s office, that fruit he was always eating, the way he would go on about immortality? Catisia. He hadn?t done a search on Catisia. Maybe it had slipped his mind because the likelihood of finding something on the elusive leader was near impossible. But with no other leads to go on, Catisia was worth a shot.

First Obi-Wan pulled up a criminal record search.

Catisia.

There was nothing, no past criminal activity or any involvement with the justice department. However, Obi-Wan had that feeling again that something was being hidden. There was no way he would be able to find out this way though. Next, he brought up a general information search, birth certificates, school records, licenses.

Again nothing.

Who was this man? He?d lived on Kiriath for a long time, of that Obi-Wan was sure. Yet he had no records of a past life at all.

For the next half an hour, Obi-Wan searched for every conceivable aspect of Catisia?s life that could have possibly been stored on the palace?s database. The result was the same as the first few searches.

Obi-Wan stood up from his chair in disgust and went to lie down on a couch on the other side of the room. It was getting late. His frustration was coming from his exhaustion. Obi-Wan tried to convince himself of these facts but it wasn?t helping. His desire to solve this mystery was eating him up inside. Qui-Gon had told him of the inexplicable happenings that had occurred this day, the haunting death of Siore, the strange messages on the bulletin board. It was a challenge. And Obi-Wan loved challenges. Maybe that was why he had so wanted to be a Jedi. There was no other way he could help people and solve problems at such a scale. Missions were there for him to overcome, to set right. This mentality was directly translated into his work ethic, unrelenting, steadfast, single-minded. Nothing would deter him; nothing would stop him until the job was done. Nothing controllable maybe. Affairs of the heart, on the other hand, were a matter completely alien to him. Never had he even experienced such emotion. It was like a whirlwind leaving a path of destruction through his gut and his brain and his heart. His usual determination had all but left him. So used was he to being the epitome of Jedi proficiency that when this kind of problem arose, so out of the blue and so unfamiliar, the air was literally knocked from him.

Lying in this position limited the scope of the young Jedi?s vision. Obi-Wan relented and chose to vacantly stare at the ceiling, arms propped beneath his head as a rest, mind busy wondering about the girl sleeping just down the hall. Wooden carvings were imprinted into the roof, depicting a group of young men brandishing crude ancient weapons and pursuing a monstrous beast. With all the study of late, Obi-Wan couldn?t help but recognize the scene.

The Jems. Pu

10. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    Found this thread....

Post please...

and I mean it.

:D

11. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Good job Obi! Now, you just have to talk with Qui about a few things.....

12. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Ooohhh...this is just about were the thread stopped the last time **sits on edge of her seat** Okay, okay..time to get posting!!!

Btw- I still love this story and look forward to seeing more of it soon...as in VERY soon ;)

13. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    ((This post by Jedi Obi-Wan))

"No! I don't care if the delivery boy is sick. You promised me those packages today. Yes I understand that you're busy...Then get someone else to do it. Think man!...Here is the deal Mister, you either get me those packages today or expect a call from my lawyer." Malik slammed down the phone.

The red light on his desk was blinking. He sighed and reached over to touch it. "What is it, Magyr?"

"Sir, Qui-Gon Jinn is here to see you."

Malik nodded. He had been expecting this. "Send him in."

A few moments later, Qui-Gon Jinn stepped through the door.

"You know, I believe that it is considered polite to knock before you enter someone else's office." Malik said, not looking up from his paperwork.

Qui-Gon ignored him. "You know why I'm here.

"Yes I expected as much. Don't just stand there. Sit down."

Qui-Gon did. Malik got up and leaned back in his chair, arms crossed. "So, Qui-Gon, How?s the boy?"

"Cut the small talk, Malik. I'm here to talk about Kaloni."

"Yes, I thought so."

Qui-Gon was obviously irritated. "You haven't offered even a bit of sympathy towards her."

"Oh, I have. I simply choose not to show it."

Qui-Gon was not convinced. "Malik, tell me the truth. Have you even given her a thought over the last day?"

"I am a very busy man, Master Jinn."

Qui-Gon stiffened. "Malik, I've seen some unsympathetic politicians, but this is a young girl! Even those with a heart of stone should show some kind of compassion towards her after what happened."

Malik looked at Qui-Gon for a moment. "I think your apprentice is showing enough "compassion" for her to go around."

The Jedi's face flushed. "Obi-Wan is not the topic of this discussion."

"Perhaps he should be. He seems to be quite...attached to her."

Qui-Gon Jinn fumed. You could never tell it by his face, it was cool and steady as always. But it was written all over the way he crossed his arms, and the stiff way he sat in his chair.

"Malik, are you even going to thank her?"

"O, maybe when I get around to it. A gift basket would be nice. Maybe flowers? You know those Gyrmuims that grow in the gardens are quite beautiful."

"That?s it? The girl nearly dies because of you and the best you can do in return is a gift basket and flowers?"

"Well I thought she might be a little too old for the teddy bear."

"Malik! This girl almost..."

"Died because of me. Yes, I think I've heard that somewhere before." Malik chuckled. "Exactly what do you want me to do, Master Jinn? Raise a statue in her honor? Declare her the new queen of Kiriath?"

"I don't know. But she deserves a lot more then what you've given to her!"

"Alright, Master Jinn. I'll personally thank her. I might have some free time tonight."

Qui-Gon shook his head. "No. You'll go now, Malik."

"Master Jinn, I am too..."

Qui-Gon pulled Malik out of his chair. He stared long and hard at Malik. Malik noticed how much bigger Qui-Gon Jinn was then him. He swallowed and nodded. "I'll go now."

Kaloni stared out her window. Outside children were playing a game of tag. Their joyful shrieks pierced the air. Back and forth they ran, trying hard to avoid the boy who was "it". Kaloni laid back on her pillow and thought of the times she had played games, happier times. Times before her Father's death. Times before the Jems had turned her world upside down.

Kaloni sighed and tucked a wisp of her dark hair, which had somehow avoided being pulled back in a ponytail, behind her ear. Sure, she had very few playmates at that age, but occasionally she found a Senator with a wild side.

"You are going in."

"Master Jinn, surely you can understand..."

"You are going in."

Kaloni looked up and nearly giggled. Outside of the glass barrier separating her room and the hall, Malik and Qui-Gon stood face to face. Qui-Gon's finger was poked in Malik's chest, and the smaller man looked about to break under the hard stare of Qui-Gon Jinn. Kaloni had never seen Qui-Gon show emotion of any

14. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Great posts you guys! Now, if Obi-dearest would just start opening up to his master,they might start getting somewhere.

15. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Obi-Wan's a stubborn one unfortunately. Young and reckless. ;)

?It?s a dirty job, but someone has to do it,? Qui-Gon remarked with a laugh.

Kaloni smiled. There was always something about Master Qui-Gon that she found comforting. It was an odd thought, but it lingered there at the back of her mind so much so that she had simply accepted it as a proven fact without any critical analysis. He was so unlike anyone she had ever met before, even including Obi-Wan, who also sat comfortably in a league of his own. But if he was in his own league, his teacher was in a completely different galaxy. Kaloni couldn?t quite put her finger on it; he just seemed to live completely and utterly in the moment, his every action for immediate benefit or purpose and never really considering what possible future repercussions could result. But as reckless at that may have seemed, it always turned out just fine. He was untouchable, a tower that couldn?t be scaled, a mountain that couldn?t be climbed. Unmovable yet accessible. Kaloni chuckled at her whimsical thoughts. Maybe she was just trying to redeem they?re often rocky relationship in her own mind.

Qui-Gon approached and sat on the side of the bed lightly, in full control of the surroundings, never pressing too hard to make her uncomfortable in her injured state, yet at the same time comfortable in his own posture and aura, that gentle firmness and compassion that he exuded like a lamp in a dark room. The venerable Jedi Master rested a hand on Kaloni?s shoulder and regarded her with a roguish grin. ?I felt he owed you an apology after what happened. He wasn?t going to weasel out of this particular task.?

Kaloni remained calm. ?Thank you Master Jinn.?

Qui-Gon arched his eyebrows inquisitively, his voice filled with genuine concern. ?How are you feeling??

?Better. Much better. I think I could even get up and about soon. If I stay another moment cooped up in this bed I think I?ll go insane.?

Qui-Gon fixated her with that impenetrable stare that he was so proficient at, that stare that seemed to bore right through her and pick her apart, thought by thought, feeling by feeling. It was as if he filled her with an energy that he both manipulated and was guided by, an energy that let him know everything he needed to know about her for his own purposes; yet there was no hint of malice or cunning in that kindly stare, a feeling that made her both uneasy and secure at the same time. Qui-Gon changed his serious look to one of easy-going contentment, instantly relaxing her. ?I?m glad to hear that. And I?m sure Obi-Wan would be glad to hear that as well.? He sighed, trying to collect his thoughts. And uneasy silence hung in the air. ?I know? It?s not my place to pass judgment Kaloni. But I will do what I must.?

Kaloni peered at him suspiciously, trying to work out the import of those few statements. Somehow she felt she didn?t fully want to find out what the resourceful Jedi Master was truly thinking. ?You always seem to do that anyway, it doesn?t matter what anyone else does or has to do with it.?

Qui-Gon stood and gave her a reassuring smile. ?Perhaps. The Force is a powerful ally, and with enough training, a Jedi can become a vessel for its will.? Once again, he sighed. ?With enough training? Tell me? do you think a single person?s happiness is more important than the possibility that he might play a pivotal role in the events of the galaxy??

Kaloni looked at him quizzically.

?Do you think that the remote, but entirely possible, chance that someone could hold the fate of the galaxy in his hands should be passed over for that person?s personal happiness? Which would be more important, the possible role in the galaxy?s well-being or the certain happiness that they could gain by turning their back on this most important of tasks??

Kaloni shook her head, but a knowing smile was on her lips. ?I don?t believe I follow.?

Qui-Gon?s eyes held a faraway look for the moment, as if another entity had possessed him for the last few seconds and

16. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    I really liked how Qui asked Kaloni is one person's happiness is wirth the entire galaxy...a bit of foreshadowing, eh?

I can't wait for the next post since I'm fairly certain this is where it stopped last time. Please post ASAP!

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Nice interaction between Qui and Kaloni. Hope Obi talks to Qui now. Great post, guys!

18. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    We're nearly there, Jedi Susie. This is the last one! :D

Qui-Gon couldn?t help but wonder what his Padawan was discussing with Kaloni in the room. Despite his Jedi training in being calm and passive in all situations, the human tendency for curiosity still overrode his renowned abilities in focus and determination. He had set Obi-Wan the task of finding out more about the Jems earlier; perhaps this was the subject of his apprentice?s discussion with Kaloni now. But why wouldn?t he discuss these matters before his Master personally? Kaloni must have been involved or knew something in particular that couldn?t be discussed in front of him, though Qui-Gon couldn?t imagine what. Anything that Obi-Wan had to say could be said before his Master; the boy knew this.

At that, the door finally opened, interrupting the Jedi Master?s thoughts. Obi-Wan crept out quietly and shut the door after himself equally as quietly, gazing back through it for as long as possible before it closed fully.

Qui-Gon stared at the profile of his apprentice expectantly, waiting for the results of Obi-Wan?s little foray into ?interrogation? far more anxiously than he would have liked.

?She?s sleeping,? Obi-Wan stated plainly and softly. ?I think her trip down memory lane was a little too much for her.?

Qui-Gon arched his eyebrows dubiously. ?What did you two talk about??

Obi-Wan turned to face his Master, a serious look on his face. ?She verified an identity for me. Catisia. The Jem Leader. She didn?t know he was at first, but I think she made a positive id. ?

?Really?? Qui-Gon paused, noticing the strange look on his Padawan?s face. ?She should have known who he was from when we rescued you.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes opened wide with surprise. ?She? Maybe she forgot, I mean, it was quite intense during the time.?

Qui-Gon paced the room slowly and deliberately, gathering his thoughts. ?Kaloni knew who he was. And she had seen him before.? The Jedi Master turned back to face his apprentice. ?From what did you get the positive identification??

Obi-Wan pulled a small photo from his pocket and handed it to Qui-Gon. ?Here. Kaloni?s father is on the left, Catisia on the right.?

Qui-Gon stared at the photo, his mind working at light speed. So Asteros and Catisia had known each other before the senator?s untimely death. But what was their connection?

?Kaloni said that they were friends,? Obi-Wan offered into the silence, almost reading his thoughts. ?But she didn?t remember him very much. That might explain why she had forgotten him when we were on Mount Yokamu.?

Qui-Gon regarded his student suspiciously. There was something unconvincing about his tone of voice just then, as if he was trying to make an excuse to explain Kaloni?s actions. ?You don?t believe that, do you?? It was more a statement of fact than a question.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?No. She didn?t even recognize the name, or the face. And she was the one who killed him.?

Qui-Gon nodded and slipped the photo into his pocket. ?There?s something she?s not telling us. It?s as if she doesn?t what to even acknowledge Catisia, or make a fuss of his involvement.?

Obi-Wan shook his vigorously at Qui-Gon?s observation. ?No. No, Kaloni wouldn?t lie to me.?

?She may not necessarily be lying, Obi-Wan. Just concealing the truth, and telling it from her own point of view.?

His apprentice smiled. ?That sounds familiar.?

?You?ve found a kindred spirit,? Qui-Gon chuckled, before turning serious again. ?We need to find the truth about Catisia and his involvement with Asteros and Kaloni. When she?s awake again, I want you to press harder. Try to get her to reveal the whole truth. Perhaps she could help you further in your investigations into the Jems. And Obi-Wan??

?Yes Master??

?I?m not accusing Kaloni of anything. Believe me.?

Obi-Wan nodded, but didn?t say anything as he walked back to his room, leaving Qui-Gon alone.

Obi-Wan stared at the image floating above the desktop, the very idea of what implications its conten

19. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    **rubs hands together and have a very goofy smile on her face**

Oh, goody! Not that I haven't loved this story up to this point- it's been great re-reading it and seeing things I missed, but i am excited to get to the new stuff to.

**Sits, again, on the egde of her seat**

Sooo...when's the next post? :D

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Okay, now we're getting somewhere! *rubs hands together in gleeful anticipation* This is when all the pieces fall together...right? *looks hopeful* BTW, great story! I've enjoyed every minute of it!

21. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Great posts guys.....Now can we get some anwser's?

22. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Still here, still loving it.

I can't wait to see what Kaloni has up her sleeve. And I want a heart to heart chat between Qui and Obi. Those two have some issues to work on. Obi's little Palpy imitation for starters...

Hannah

23. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Ok guys, here we go, the first new post for Immortality! :) This is the first part of my post, there will be more coming shortly after.

The whine of the airbus? repulsorlifts filled Obi-Wan?s consciousness, reverberating in his skull like tangible numbness, icy frost on his lifeless brain. His body shook with each turn, but he swayed with the motion emptily. Kaloni sat opposite him, staring out the window with her cloudy jade eyes. She was pale and tired-looking, resting her chin on a hand with sleeve pulled up over it absently. Her breath steamed up the clear glass window. The tip of her forehead leaned against the glass, strands of raven hair caught there submissively. She closed her eyes. For a moment Obi-Wan thought she had fallen asleep. But soon she slid her eyes open again with much effort.

Obi-Wan pulled his gaze away from her and shivered inside his warm jacket, covered by his Jedi cloak. There were pockets at his chest and more underneath them at his sides. Obi-Wan opened the pocket on his left breast and took out a small device, the projector of the Jedi Padawan. He turned it in his hands like a child reaching out and feeling the real world for the first time. His eyes stared at it vacantly, until at last he put it back in his pocket, patted it there and sighed. Qui-Gon had left the device on his bedside table when at the hospital recovering. Obi-Wan kept it close to him at all times, a lucky charm. His Master hadn?t said a word about it. Obi-Wan didn?t know who the boy was for sure, but he had a fair idea. For some reason, he hadn?t felt comfortable discussing it with Qui-Gon. Not yet. Many things remained unsaid between them. He felt physically sick when he ran through his head the myriad of possibilities the conversation could take when he would eventually muster enough courage to face it. Courage he didn?t have. He had faced many challenges and dangers the last month. So many he could barely believe they had really happened. But he couldn?t face this. His Master would be disappointed with him. He was disappointed with himself. Pushing what he had done from mind, trying to rationalize it when it resurfaced, had been a temporary solution, foolishly conceived, naively executed. He knew deep down he would have to tell his Master to make things right. He did not know how. What he had done was wrong. He had tried to convince himself otherwise. But there was no hiding the truth. No denying it. The truth is what it is.

The airbus pulled into a circular road surrounded by trees that somehow survived the cold, a road that pulled up to the front of an opulent, old looking building. Kaloni stirred at the sight. For a moment, a smile wavered on her lips, but it disappeared. Obi-Wan tried to remember what it looked like but his mind was fuzzy. She looked over at him.

?Well. We?re here.?

Obi-Wan nodded and helped Kaloni from her chair. He wrapped an arm around her waist and together they disembarked the bus, which drove off in a spray of ice and mist. The two teenagers stared up the daunting flight of stairs that led to the doors of the building. People sat on the stairs, scattered at various points, absorbed in books or chatting and laughing amongst themselves. Without a word, Kaloni and Obi-Wan began to climb. At the doors, Kaloni stopped. She stared into the glass. Obi-Wan glanced at her curiously, then to the doors and what was inside, plain to see in the glass? transparency. Kaloni?s eyes did not look there. He saw her staring at her reflection. She looked away when Obi-Wan returned his gaze to her.

With a croaky voice, Kaloni spoke up. ?This is Kaloni?s largest museum. I used to come here when I was a child. I loved the paintings and the sculptures.? She stopped. Obi-Wan thought she would continue, but instead she approached the glass doors, which opened at her presence. Obi-Wan followed after her obediently.

Inside, Obi-Wan stared around himself in wonder. Huge paintings hung from the walls, big enough to hide any wall from view at all. He approached a painting nearby and stared int

24. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Okay, that was an extremely eerie post! :) But, a good one. Can't wait for more so all this can be sorted out! ;)

25. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    It's so wonderful how I could almost picture the art work and see the beauty of them. I love the explanation of the Jems and who they were at one time.

Great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.