main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immortality - a JA Fan-fic from Mekial and Jedi Chikara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Chikara, Jan 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Good to hear from you, Mekial! I love this story!

[This message has been edited by Ty-gon Jinn (edited 01-13-2000).]

2. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    Hey Mekial, Ty-Gon Jinn; remember me, Pitawon? Wow Ty-Gon, you really did get a user name, password, and register. By the way, Mekial, the story is pretty awesome. You never told me your email address changed, by the way. I emailed you at the old one and it worked.

Sorry folks, Mekial will be gone over the weekend (this is true, I know her); she won't be able to write anything. Like I said, sorry. : (

3. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    I WANT MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE AND MORE!

4. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

5. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

6. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

7. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

8. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    COME ON PEOPLE! WRITE ALREADY!

9. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

10. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

11. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Gee whiz, Pitawon!

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    A bit excited- Aren't we, Pitawon?

14. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    I'm just expressing my feelings Ty-gon Jinn. SO, POST MORE ALREADY PEOPLE!

15. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm really sorry, I had every intention to make good on my promise. But, like Pitawon said, I had to go away for the weekend.

BTW, Pitawon, next time only post once.

Qui-Gon walked through the crystal palace halls, dreading every step that brought him closer to his destination. He was not looking forward to the task before him. He was going to examine the main room, the room where Asteros and his wife had been killed.

After all his years his as a Jedi, he still couldn't get used to the sight of blood, to the sight of suffering. He had seen it often enough, but it didn't make it any easier. This one was especially hard. The senator hadn't been young, he was in his late thirties, but it seemed a horrible time to die, just as his life as a politician had begun.

He arrived outside the huge double doors that lead to the room. He gathered himself and took and deep breath. He quickly eased open the door. Qui-Gon took a look at the room. Despite the cleaning crews best efforts, blood still stained the otherwise shining floors. The sight made him cringe, but he continued into the room.

There were detectives standing in the corners, talking in hushed tones. Malik and his advisors were standing at the spot where Senator Asteros had been shot.

Malik looked up at hearing him enter, and his sorrowful eyes locked with the older Jedi's. But Qui-Gon quickly looked away. He didn't want to speak with Malik, the man made him queasy. But this was good a place as any to begin his investigation.

He strolled casually over to Malik. "I need to talk to you and your advisors."

Malik studied him for a moment. "Very well. Habake'. Kuu. Tell the Jedi everything you know. I'm sure you have nothing to hide."

The two advisors stood at attention. "Yes, sir." Qui-Gon half expected them to salute.

Malik turned to walk away, and Qui-Gon would have let him go gladly, he didn't want the Viceroy's company. But he had to interrogate everyone.

"Viceroy Malik, I need to talk to you as well."

Malik turned. He looked at Qui-Gon. Then he shrugged. "I do not have anything to hide. You're a very thorough investigator, I like that. But why don't you just let the investigators do the work?"

"I was sent here as a guardian of peace, it is my duty."

Malik shrugged again and nodded. "Very well. Proceed."

He turned his penetrating blue gaze on the advisors, who melted under the impact of it. He looked at Malik, but the well-trained viceroy only stared back.

"How well did you know Senator Asteros?"

Kuu, a large female, answered first. "I had known the Senator for about four years. He was a good man, a strong politician. I saw him work his way up the scale until he was Senator."

Habake' looked at Qui-Gon. He was very young for an advisor to the Viceroy, he couldn't have been more then twenty-five. Habake' turned his face to the floor and shuffled his feet. "I just became Malik's advisor three months ago. I didn't know much about the Senator."

Qui-Gon looked the young man over. He was hiding something, his every feature showed it.

Malik stared Qui-Gon straight in the eye. "I've been with the Senator since his career began. We've been good friends for a long while."

Qui-Gon nodded, his eye still on Habake'. "Why do you think someone would want to kill the Senator?"

Malik stared at him. "Any number of reasons. All politicians are at risk. No matter what, there's always opposition."

Qui-Gon nodded. That was what he had expected from Malik.

"He didn't have many enemies that I know of, he was well liked and respected by most of the people." Kuu said, her head cocked to the side as though she was thinking hard about something. "But there was one group. They didn't like him because they had wanted Gy'wen Siore to become Senator. Other then that, I don't know."

Qui-Gon turned to Habake'. "And you?" he asked.

"I don't know. He seemed nice." he answered, still looking at the floor.

Qui-Gon's suspicions hightened at the young advisor's answer. Apparently Kuu suspected him too, she was staring at him and started to walk his way, but Malik put

16. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ooooo! Please post more soon!

Trika Kenobi

17. Kilih-Sie Kanobi

Kilih-Sie Kanobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 1999
  18. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    Sorry Mekial, I was just expressing my feelings (even though I'm about to read it for the first time now)! Sorry!

19. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    The city outskirts were awash in bright ivory, a fresh blanket of snow having fallen during the time spent in the security building. Obi-Wan had left with Kaloni without knowing where they were headed. She didn?t seem to mind; nothing had been said between them since the incident.

What few words he had heard conversed between Kaloni and Tren had made his blood boil. Just seeing him touch her had made him want to? Well, he didn?t know what he would do, though he did know it wouldn?t be pleasant.

?Do you have somewhere to live?? Obi-Wan asked, the question already sounding terribly inane as it hung in the air.

Kaloni didn?t answer, her eyes staring at the path ahead unwaveringly. Somehow they had ended up on the track back towards the palace.

?Kaloni??

?Hmm?? She glanced at Obi-Wan for a moment before quickly returning her gaze to the road.

Obi-Wan had only just caught the streaks of tears down her pale cheeks, the blue tinge to her lips, the minute shaking beneath the jacket. He made to put an arm around her, to warm her freezing body, but thought better of it at the last moment.

?You?re very cold.?

?Your powers of observation startle me, Obi-Wan,? Kaloni stammered. She gave him a wane smile.

?Thank you. That?s very kind of you to say.? He added the slightest touch of sarcasm to the words. ?Really though, are you okay? What?s the matter??

She waved away the questions. ?What did you ask me before? Something about a place to stay??

?I asked you whether you had a place to live. Do you??

Kaloni paused before answering. ?Ahh, yeah, yeah I have a place. It?s in the city.?

Obi-Wan looked at her doubtfully. ?But we?re heading away from the city.?

?Oh, I didn?t notice.? The two stopped in the middle of the road, hands in pockets, breath freezing in the chilled air. Fields of snow beckoned from beyond the cedars lining the path, the ancient trees reaching out towards the sky, almost touching the clouds. At the end of the road, just seen off the horizon, was the palace, its gardens spreading out like wings from the gates. Kaloni stared at it whimsically.

?I?m living there at the moment. You can stay with me if you like, I mean, not in my room of course but?? He ground to halt. She wasn?t listening. ?Kaloni?? He placed a tentative hand on her shoulder.

?Thanks for the offer Obi-Wan, but I? I?ll have to decline.?

?Why? You don?t have anywhere else to go.?

Kaloni knocked away his hand. ?I can look after myself. I don?t need you rescuing me all the time. ? She put as much venom into the words as she could muster.

?Rescue you? What?? Obi-Wan stopped mid-sentence. Without warning, Kaloni sprinted off through the trees towards the snowfields, ice spraying up in her wake. He took after her as fast as he could, ignoring the pain in his ribs that came with every step. The two teenagers left the trees behind as they half ran, half stumbled through the ankle-deep snow, the lambent sun turning the fields aglow like the clouds above.

Obi-Wan was gaining ground by the second, the Force strengthening his weary legs. ?Kaloni, wait!? And then the hindrance of a recent growth spurt reared its head, tangling his feet and toppling his body. With a final lunge he wrapped his arms around Kaloni?s slim waist and pulled her to the ground beside him, wincing away the sharp stab of pain that came with the fall.

Her laughter made him forget it in an instant. ?Good one, Oafy-Wan.?

?Don?t call me that,? he replied grumpily. Offhand he noticed his right arm still wrapped around Kaloni?s waist. He pulled it away abruptly.

She didn?t seem to notice. ?You know, I wish I could live out here. It?s so beautiful. Much more beautiful than that palace over there, with its pompous bureaucracy, and constant rules and?? She clenched her mouth shut, content to lie in the snow and stare at the clouds.

Obi-Wan found it odd that she would claim to know the palace procedures, or their nature. He glanced at her face, a knowing smile hinting at the corners of her mouth. ?Who did you know from the attack??

The question surprised her. ?Just one of t

20. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Nicely done!

Now don't take so long in your next post!

21. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    I actually read it Mekial and Chikara, and to tell the truth; IT IS AWESOMELY AWESOME!!!!

22. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Awww...more?

Trika Kenobi

23. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Bravo, Mekial and Chikira... Bravo.

24. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    When are you going to post more, Mekial and Chikira? Hurry up! I am VERY impatient!

25. Pitawon

Pitawon Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2000
    When are you going to post more, Mekial and Chikira? Hurry up! I am VERY impatient!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.