main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immortality - a JA Fan-fic from Mekial and Jedi Chikara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Chikara, Jan 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    This is too good to wait for more!

2. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Sorry bout this post.

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-22-2000).]

3. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Qui-Gon trudged wearily down the glittering halls. His eyes were drooping, and had he not been a Jedi, he would have fallen asleep on his feet. The investigation had been ging on non-stop for seventy-two hours. And he had been there every second.

The hidden panel and been a great piece of evidence, or so they had thought. It held a defused bomb, two thermal detonators, and four loaded blasters. The investigators guessed it was where Tren had been when he had shot the Senator, but not one piece of evidence had been found to support that theory.

Kuu had been fired. Malik had decided she was too violent to work for him. As for Habake', he still insisted he had nothing to do with it. The investigators had let him go, for there was not a hair of evidence that pointedin his direction.

That was the problem with this case, there was very little evidence. Only suspicions.

Qui-Gon pushed his key card into the lock. He eased open the door to his room and headed for his bed. His apprentice lay asleep on the rich looking couch.

Obi-Wan seemed to have recovered very well. His face was not pale, as it had been when he had seen him last. There was a sad expression on his face. The effects of bombs were horrible, especially in the eyes of a young Jedi. Obi-Wan had never seen a massacre this large very few times, and it was always obvious how much it tore at him.

Qui-Gon pulled back the silk sheets and slipped his tired body in between them. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep. But it would not come. His mind was racing. His brain was a blur of suspicions and questions.

He shifted his position, but it did nothing to help him. He attempted to lay on his back. After a few minutes minutes of tossing and turning, Qui-Gon gave up. Disgusted, he sat up and threw back his blanket.

"Master?"

O Force. He hadn't meant to wake the boy.

"Go back to sleep."

Obi-Wan ignored him. "How's the investigation going?"

"Not very well," he answered. "Now go to sleep."

"I appologize for not helping, I've just been..."

"Recovering," Qui-Gon finished for him. "You can help me tomorrow. Go to sleep, Padawan."

"Who are your suspects?"

Qui-Gon reached out and turned his lamp on. He was going to haveto brief the boy or else lose another night of sleep.

"One of Malik's advosors, Habake' Odai. He's been acting suspicious. I still distrust Malik."

Obi-Wan raised his eyebrow. "That's all?"

"We haven't found many clues." Qui-Gon quickly told his apprentice about his conversation with Malik and his advisors.

"Master, you caught Tren, how do you know others are involved?"

Qui-Gon nodded. It was a very logical question, if you didn't know the facts. "The whole operation was too complex, from what we can tell. This was carefully planned."

Obi-Wan was quiet. After a few minutes, Qui-Gon assumed he had gone to sleep. He was about to turn off the light when Obi-Wan piped up.

"Do you know about the Senator's daughter?"

Qui-Gon nodded. "I heard him talk about her. Her name is Kaloni. She wasn't there when the explosion happened. I understand the authorities have her under their protection now."

Obi-Wan just stared into space. Qui-Gon looked at his apprentice long and hard. Something was troubling him, something other than his wounds.

A sharp knock broke the eerie silence. Qui-Gon got up and walked to the door. He slowly opened it. Tren stood there, blaster in hand.

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, my! Please post more! This is too exciting!

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Oh my gosh!!!!! Post more right now!!!! This is too cool!!!!!

Trika Kenobi
    "Ok, so I roam these threads, watching, waiting, hoping, praying, that at some time, a post will come..."

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Interesting that Kaloni shows up exactly in Obi-Wan's hospital room, when there are probably a hundred other victims there as well. And what are the killer contents of the wall?

Otherwise, a fascinating story that I am keeping my eye on. Post again soon!

7. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    Well in answer to your questions Jane Jinn, Kaloni actively searched out Obi-Wan at the hospital after seeing him at the palace. The killer contents of the wall were weaponry used by Tren in the attack.
    I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

8. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    In the blink of an eye Qui-Gon had his lightsaber in hand, the emerald blade casting a faint glow on the figure before him. Tren was scowling fiercly. He clutched his blaster with a death grip.

Qui-Gon reached out for the force, feeling it swirl around him, alerting every muscle. He easily dodged a shower of blaster fire. The man prepared to shoot again, this time at Obi-Wan.

"Move" he screamed at his Padawan through their bond. Obi-Wan dodged just in time.

Qui-Gon jumped to avoided more blaster fire. He needed to get Tren's blaster away from him without killing him. He tried move after move, but the rain of blaster fire kept him at least two meters away, which was in no way close enough.

Tren circled him, keeping a safe distance from the Jedi. He grinned evily. His dark eyes shone with hatred. Tren dove for the sleep-couch. But Qui-Gon had sensed the move, and was already high in the air, preparing to come down on Tren's arm. Tren saw him, and the Jedi watched as a look of fear cross his face.

Qui-Gon landed on his right arm with a sickening crunch. Tren screamed in rage. Qui-Gon stepped off his arm, and Tren reached for his blaster with his good arm. He grabbed it and aimed at Qui-Gon.

Suddenly, Qui-Gon saw the ice blue blade of his apprentice's lightsaber swing down. Qui-Gon tried to block it, but he was too late. The smell of burning flesh filled his nose. Tren had a sizzling wound through his middle.

Tren stared in shock at Obi-Wan. His eyes narrowed down to slits.

"Fool Jedi."

His eyes glazed over and rolled back in his head. His strong body went completly limp.

It took all Qui-Gon's Jedi training to fight the urge to scream at his apprentice. Obi-Wan had destroyed the only link they had to the killers.

Obi-Wan stared in shock at the corpse before him. He looked at Qui-Gon, his blue-green eyes full of realization and sorrow . "I...I'm sorry Master. I..."

"YOU IGNORANT NERFHERDER!"

Malik's angry voice filled the small room. He marched in, his eyes full of fire.

"YOU KILLED HIM. YOU KILLED OUR ONLY SOURCE!"

He looked straight at Qui-Gon his eyes full of poison. "Who did it?" he demanded.

Obi-Wan hesitated, but stepped forward. "I did." he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Malik turned his gaze on Obi-Wan. For a moment Qui-Gon thought he might strike the boy. But he seemed to think the better of it. His outward composure turned cool.

"Why?" he asked through clinched teeth.

Obi-Wan just stared blankly at the body in front of him.

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-23-2000).]

9. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Awwww... ...

Trika Kenobi

10. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Black cloaks stood out against the white landscape, a small ceremony taking place upon a hill overseeing the palace. Tall cedars formed a guard of honor, encircling the single gravesite, their shadows cast along the immaculately carved coffin as the suns set on the horizon. Senator Asteros? wife had already been laid to rest. Now it was his turn.

Obi-Wan stared at the coffin with blurry, bloodshot eyes. Now he had caused three deaths, the last one by his own hands. He slowly brought his gaze up to the man across. Malik glared at him as the coffin was lowered into the grave, the Senator beside his wife. The ceremony was finally over.

Qui-Gon joined Malik and Chancellor Valorum as the few guests present made their way back to the palace. Obi-Wan?s Master had said little to his apprentice after the death of Tren. The hushed tones and stealthy glances dealt him by the three stately men made Obi-Wan want to cower beneath their judging eyes. He certainly wasn?t the most popular person at the moment.

The suns set in a brilliant display, a final salute. Obi-Wan shoved his hands in the pockets of his cloak as a chilling wind dropped the temperature. He stood alone atop the hill, Malik, Qui-Gon and Valorum now heading back to the palace. There was nothing left for him to do but join them. Obi-Wan turned to follow. And stopped. A small figure stood beneath one of the cedars, observing the young man standing next to the grave of the couple whose blood now stained his soul. Their eyes locked. She turned away.

?Kaloni, wait!? Obi-Wan began to chase after her, but stopped. She waited for him beneath the tree. He joined her.

?Hello Obi-Wan. Fancy seeing you here. I didn?t think you?d show your face around the grave of the man you killed.?

Her words hurt him more than any blaster shot or bomb blast could. ?I?m sorry Kaloni, really??

?I don?t want your apologies. They?re not going to bring my parents back.? She made to leave. ?Just stay away from me.?

She was going to run away again. Obi-Wan wanted her to stay more than anything else in the galaxy. ?Tren?s dead you know.?

Kaloni stood frozen. A blast of air whistled through the treetops, blowing her raven hair into her porcelain face. ?How did he die??

He wouldn?t lie to her anymore. ?I killed him.?

Kaloni turned slightly, glancing at Obi-Wan over her shoulder, brilliant jade eyes through dark of night. ?You killed him?? She laughed. ?Of course.?

Obi-Wan scowled. ?What?s that supposed to mean??

She didn?t answer him. ?Why? Why did you kill him??

The usual Jedi lack of emotion was melted away, her question disarming and disabling him. Malik had asked the same thing. And he had not given an answer. Now Kaloni wanted to know. Now he knew what the answer was. Deep down he had always known. But he couldn?t bring himself to say it. ?I don?t know why.?

Kaloni shook her head, laughing again. ?Obi-Wan,? she whispered, ?I know.?

And with that she turned away, this time for real. The dusk turned to night. Obi-Wan stood alone atop the hill.

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Awwww...

Trika Kenobi

12. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Looks like another one of my stories has gone down the crapper. Same thing happened to my other story, Guardians of the Force. I'm the only one who posts there now. I guess I'm not mainstream enough for a fandom intent on obi-torture and repetitive movie character fics. Oh well, its not my place to complain nor do I wish to. Guess I just had to get that out. Sorry if I have enraged anyone.

13. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    No!!!!!!!!!! Listen to me!!!!!!!!!!!! You must post now!!!!!!!!! This story is excellent! Please don't stop! Please keep posting!

Trika Kenobi

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm still posting! Keep going! I love this story!

15. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Chikara!

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-29-2000).]

16. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    . . . .

WHAT THE ((BLEEP!)) ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? I LOVE this story!!

The only reason why it's slipping is that you haven't been adding to it fast enough! Some people (like me) are too lazy to scroll past the first page, so if it isn't listed, then sometimes I don't get around to it. Doesn't mean I don't like it, it means I'm a slug.

PLEASE keep up the good work!

17. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    General Laban Catisia paced back and forth angrily. He had sent his spies out over an six hours ago. Why did they not report to him? He was anxious to hear what had become of Tren, and if a rescue was in order.

Tren was one of his best spies, and was the better with a blaster than he himself was. But despite all Tren's abilities, he had been captured by that Jedi. When he got word of the arrest, he had immediatly organized a rescue operation. One of the Cat's men never stayed behind bars for long.

Catisia stared impatiently at his communicator. The red bulb indicated it was on. If only that little bulb would blink. That would signal an incoming transmission.

Catisia checked himself. Tren was just another spy. Easily replaced. He sat down and picked up his book, "What Every Criminal Needs to Know."

BLEEP

BLEEP

BLEEP

Catisia jumped up, and his book went flying across the small room. He reached for his communicator. He hurriedly flipped it on.

One of his newest spies, Biaka, looked into the communicator with a worried expression on her face. "General Catisia."

He waited impatiently for her to continue.

"We've learned of Tren. He..." she hestitated. "He was killed by a Jedi. Not the one who captured him, the little one."

Catisia stared at her, his eyes burning like hot coals. "When did this occur?"

"Last night." she answered, her voice barely above a whisper.

He stared off into the distance for a few moments. He turned his blazing face to her. "We shall avenge Tren. I will not rest until the Jedi suffers the same fate as the Commander did."

He raised a triumphant fist. " We are the Jems of Kiriath! We are the shining jewels of our star system! No one will stop us!!

18. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999

Obi-Wan sat in his room, hands on his face. He wanted to pick up his things and leave, to be able to run and hide under the table like a rabbit running from a wolf. But no, Qui-Gon had ordered him to meet him.

He was not looking forward to this. His Master had been silent since the incident. He knew the questions he would ask. He knew the answers he would give. But they were not the real answers. They were simply excuses. He didn't wany anyone to know the real reason he had killed Tren.

The door squeaked open. Obi-Wan didn't look up. He couldn't. He hadn't been able to look his Master in the eye since...

"Obi-Wan Kanobi."

Full name. Uh oh. He was gonna get it good.

"Look at me."

Obi-Wan forced himself to look at his Master, though he did not meet his eyes.

"You have murdered a man."

Obi-Wan stared at his Master. He started to protest, but his Master raised a hand.

"You reacted out of anger. Why, only you know. Tren was not about to kill me, I was in no danger."

Obi-Wan started shaking.

"We could have captured him and given him back to the authorities, but you killed him."

Obi-Wan looked away. He could no longer look at the calm face that was speaking these words that he had been denying. They couldn't be true. But somewhere deep inside him he knew they were. He knew he had reacted out of anger. He knew.

"Why?"

Obi-Wan cringed.

"Why?"

He couldn't open his mouth.

"Obi-Wan, look at me."

Obi-Wan brought his eyes to meet his Masters. They pentrated his.

"Why?"

Obi-Wan just burried his face in his hands. "I'm sorry. "I'm so sorry."

[This message has been edited by Mekial (edited 01-29-2000).]

19. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Uh oh. Full name.

Great post!
    Poor Obi-Wan...

Please add more!
    Trika Kenobi

20. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I'm reading! Keep going, this is good.

21. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I'm reading! Keep going, I like it.

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Jedi Chikira-
    You think this story is going down the tubes?
    YOU IGNORANT NERFHERDER!
    This story is so great I can't believe it- PLEASE keep posting?

23. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Why is this on page 3?!

24. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Qui-Gon stared sympathetically at his Padawan. The boy sat before him, face in his hands, head shaking. He didn?t want to hurt him but what was going on couldn?t continue. His apprentice had been distant and preoccupied of late. Killing Tren had more behind it than mere self-preservation. And now Obi-Wan apologized for more than he wanted to admit. It was time to take a different path for the truth.

?You?re not going to answer me.? He glanced inquisitively at the weary form in front of him.

Obi-Wan just shook his head for the hundredth time.

?There?s more to this than simple guilt, isn?t there Obi-Wan.?

The comment made his student?s head shoot up abruptly. ?No, of course not.?

?Who was the girl you were talking with at Senator Asteros? grave??

Obi-Wan was visibly surprised. ?How??

?I saw you.? He lowered himself to Obi-Wan?s height. ?Who is she??

?Nobody.? Qui-Gon could sense that his mind was working at a tremendous rate, anxiety mixing in with sadness. This girl had much to do with what was wrong with Obi-Wan at the moment, that was for sure. ?I mean, no one you know.?

?Really?? Qui-Gon gave him a doubtful look. ?Tell me her name, and I?ll tell you whether I know her or not.?

Whatever he said finally broke Obi-Wan?s tragic demeanor. He leapt from his chair, body trembling in uncontrollable rage. ?No one! You don?t know her! I?? Obi-Wan was losing control. ?Just leave me alone.?

Qui-Gon adopted his most intimidating stance. ?Obi-Wan! Tell me now.?

The wall of self-control in the boy?s mind snapped. Qui-Gon could feel a wave of the Force hit him like an out of control speeder. He staggered back, balancing himself at the last moment on a nearby desk. A second wave hit, stronger this time. Anything not secured to the floor was thrown into the air as a mini tornado ripped through the room. If Obi-Wan continued like this he was liable to hurt himself or someone else, namely his Master. Qui-Gon formed a protective Force shield in the area around him, and made his way slowly to the point next to the bed where Obi-Wan stood, hands outstretched, eyes closed. With a final lunge, Qui-Gon knocked his Padawan to the floor and disabled him.

Obi-Wan continued to struggle beneath his Master?s iron grip. ?Get off me! Get away!? he screamed.

Qui-Gon gathered the Force around him, projecting it into his voice. ?Obi-Wan! Control yourself.? A final push of the Force later, and the boy lay limp on the floor.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Chikara (edited 02-02-2000).]

25. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.