main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Immortality - a JA Fan-fic from Mekial and Jedi Chikara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Chikara, Jan 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I saw Star Geeks about a month ago on VHS at a film party. I agree, it is a great film. However, like Trooper Clerks: The Animated One Shot and Tripping the Rift, we cannot host it. TFN has a strict policy against media that would be offensive to the parents of younger viewers.

Azeem
    TFN Theater

2. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Awww..... damn. And I was so hoping to be able to see it.

3. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
  4. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    EEK!
    Someone come and save this thread!

5. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    confused.gif No New Post?

6. Sat'zi

Sat'zi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2000
    Where are you guys?
    Post soon please!

7. Jedi Chikara

Jedi Chikara Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 1999
    For some reason I went to this thread and it said it had been closed. The URL had been changed and on the other version it said it had been closed and moved to the Fan Fiction forum. Weird huh? Oh yeah and Mekial will be posting soon hopefully. Just bug her heaps if you're really anxious. If not then be patient I guess. cool.gif

8. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Okay, I'm an idiot. I had no idea that the Fan Fiction forum had been moved. So disregard that whole "weird" issue in my last post. Move along, move along...

9. Mekial

Mekial Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 1999
    Kaloni ran down the crowded street, her young heart racing. She wiped away a drop of sweat that had made it's way down her forehead. She'd been running for a good hour, and now her exhaustion was threatening to take over. But she didn't even notice. She flew down the street, her pace faltering. She tripped over a rock and went flying. She landed in the soft grass, and was tempted to stay there.

No! I have to get up! For Obi-Wan. He'll die!

//He'll die anyway//

No!

Kaloni forced her legs to push her up. A small drop of crimson was making it's way down her leg, but she paid it no heed. Tears threatened to fall from her emerald colored eyes. A glint of sunlight caught her eye. The palace. It wasn't far at all now.

"Mistress Kaloni?"

Kaloni looked up. It was Malik. He looked her over. "What happened?"

She ignored the question. "Where's Qui-Gon?"

"In the north hall. Kaloni! Get back here!"

She ignored his order. She burst into the castle. The tears were flowing openly now, making it hard to see where she was going.

"Kaloni?"

The battered young girl nearly slammed into the tall Jedi Master. He caught her. "Kaloni? What happened?"

She was sobbing openly now. "Die...He's gonna die. And it's my fault...all my fault."

"What? Who's going to die?"

But she couldn't answer him. She slumped against the wall, sobs wracking her small frame.

Qui-Gon crouched down beside her. He offered her his hand. "Kaloni, calm down. Breathe." A wave of peace hit her. She couldn't explain it, but it calmed her down considerably.

"Obi-Wan...we...were...attacked. He...was shot. He... he was...taken by the...the Jems." A sob rose again in her throat. "And now he's gonna die. And it's my fault. If I hadn't..."

"No, Kaloni. You didn't cause this. Obi-Wan would be the first to tell you that." She looked up at him. He seemed calm. He closed his eyes for a moment. "He's alive."

Kaloni wasn't sure how he knew, but something told her to trust him. He put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm going to find him. You stay here."

She looked up at him. "How? We don't know where he is! No one had ever been able to find the Jem's headquarters! No one..."

"I know where he is."

Kaloni looked at him questioningly. He gave her shoulder a quick squeeze and ran down the hall.

10. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Err... is anyone going to continue the story? It has been an awful long time since they went to Obi-wan's rescue!

11. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    The server's acting up again..

12. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Sorry Eryce. I promise to post more with Mekial soon.

13. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I hope so, Chikara!!! I want more of this wonderful story!! You have definitely brought a new meaning to the term "Obi-Torture"!!!

14. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Thanks for the kind words jedi_master_gimpy. I'll post a section tonight, here in Australia that is (it is now 3:45).

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I can't wait! What has Mihawe got in mind with those shears?

16. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Ooooh, that's nasty. There are children browsing these boards. I'll leave it up to the imagination I think. tongue.gif

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You were the one who mentioned them in the first place! Anyway, I assume that Mihawe is going to cut away the rest of his shirt, or maybe his braid, or something like that. And why are you posting a reply to my reply, and not another big segment of story?

18. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
    Describing a situation such as the one he had just been put through was nigh impossible. He had seen holovids about inspirational stories, men who overcame impossible odds, excruciating pain, to save the day. He had heard unbelievable stories from Jedi about mind power, pain thresholds, determination, endurance. Hope. He?d seen if first hand. But all these ?experiences? weren?t worth the breath they cost. Obi-Wan couldn?t give a rancor?s behind for all the inspirational stories he had been blessed with hearing. Right now, all he wanted was to die. Die quickly, painlessly, and with as little fuss as possible.

He sat now in the womprat infested bowels of the torture chamber, chained to the floor between two living corpses, pinned to the walls beside him. For all the trauma he had been through, he sat surprisingly still, eyes staring straight ahead at some indefinite article across the room. His eyes stung. That much he could feel. He couldn?t even remember the last time he blinked. It was probably? ten minutes ago. He couldn?t be sure.

His mind would wander every now and again, breaking from beneath the permafrost that sheeted his thinking faculties long enough to focus on something worth the energy considering. He?d think about the Temple, his friends there, what he could remember of his family. The Jedi Masters, and their stories, the way Master Yoda would speak, so incoherently but with such wisdom. Qui-Gon, the teacher he almost never had the chance of learning from. The way he stood stoically against the elements, the nights at the palace, in the freezing wind on the balcony, his hair whipping at his face. And then, finally, he thought about Kaloni. The mere cranial mention of her name snapped him from his suspended animation. Obi-Wan just broke down and cried.

Ten hours? ten hours he lay on that rack, face down. His body was slashed, from his calves to the small of his back, his arms and belly and chest. For four hours straight he was scourged with whips, chunks of bone and metal embedded in the strands, tearing at his flesh, leaving his back a mangled mess of torn ribbons of quivering flesh. He would cry out at each blow, and then wince at the thought of the next.

And now he sat alone on the damp, cold floor, amongst the skeletons of victims past, shaking despite himself, and crying in an effort to wear himself out enough to go to sleep. The salt water stung the cuts on his face, yet another painful sensation to add the list. He could fill the libraries on Coruscant with the pains he had endured the last two days. Each was so distinct, the thought bitter like ashes in his mouth. Sleep would not come soon enough now. The emotional convulsions didn?t seem to be doing their job.

?Don?t cry, my boy.?

The voice undoubtedly startled Obi-Wan, but he hadn?t the strength to look for the speaker.

?I know how you feel.? A sad chuckle followed the gravelly voice.

Obi-Wan finally lifted his head high enough to find his consoler. The old woman beside him, her hands and feet hammered to the wall in such a way so as to provide unfathomable pain but not wear out or kill the victim.

?What?s your name, boy?? Speaking was obviously a struggle for the woman, but she persevered nonetheless.

The effort shamed Obi-Wan. Here he was, wallowing in self-pity when another, who had experienced so much more pain than he himself, could bother to console a boy who would not do the same for her. He deserved the self-pity, but he owed the woman who now tried to make him see, perhaps, some sense in his situation, an answer, a consolation of her own.

?Obi-Wan.? He forced a smile onto his face and noted with satisfaction the woman?s contentment through his swollen eyes.

?My? name,? the woman sighed deeply, ?is T?talya.?

Obi-Wan coughed croakily and nodded. ?I am? pleased to meet you, T?talya.?

The woman laughed briefly. ?I bet you aren?t. You?re a Jedi, aren?t you??

?For all the good it did me. I can?t even master the Force enough to escape from here? to break these chains on my wrists and on my ankles.?

T?talya inclined her head sli

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Powerful! That was worth waiting for!

Hang on Obi-Wan! Qui-Gon is coming to get you!

20. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    OooOOoOOhh... Thank youuuu!!! It was just what I needed after yet another horrible test... now, post moreee!

21. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Such emotion! Great post Chikara.
    I do hope you and Mekial post soon.

22. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    Sorry this took so long!

Qui-Gon shivered and wrapped his cloak more tightly around his broad shoulders. The freezing temperatures of Kiriath had only dropped as he climbed up the giant mountain. Ice was all around him, making it hard to grip the rocks, and turning his fingers a purple-blue color. Frostbite was trying to take it's toll on the aging Jedi. But something more serious was running it's course through his body.

Fear for his Padawan was going stronger by the moment, and he'd had to call on the force more than once to tamp it down. The thought of the Jems taking his apprentice had angered him as much at it had scared him, but he had finally made it leave him.

Fear leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to the dark side...

The familiar proverb was running over and over through his head. It kept his fear away, and made the agonizingly slow process of climbing the mountain seem more bearable.

After meditating for a moment after he had left the palace, he had run to where the force had guided him, which happened to be Mount Yokamu, the second largest on Kiriath. Now it was leading him up...

It was amazing that Kiriath still had mountains, for glaciers should have wiped them out long ago. But there were surprisingly few glaciers on the mountains, because rain was scarce. This ice planet was a cold, beautiful desert. Snow was everywhere, some of it thousands of years old. Above freezing temperatures had never been recorded on Kiriath, making the snow and ice long lasting, but also making the snow-water plentiful.

A strong gust of wind nearly threw Qui-Gon off balance. He inhaled sharply. The wind was a stinging cold, like the needles of a White Bellied Ahmur being thrust into every square inch of his skin. He stopped on a ledge to rub his hands together to try to get some feeling back in them. After a few moments rest he started his uphill climb again.

Ten minutes passed...

Thirty minutes...

Fifty...

An hour...

Two hours...

Qui-Gon was feeling weary now. His body was crying out for rest, but thoughts of his endangered Padawan kept him going.

The force cried out a warning just before the rock fell. Qui-Gon ducked just in time. He looked down as the clump of rock fell and he watched it shatter on a particualrly sharp rock. That wasn't a rock that was...concrete? What would concrete be...Of course! Qui-Gon strained his eyes upward. Sure enough, a small building was visible less than a hundred meters above him.

Now motivated more than ever, Qui-Gon climbed the last bit with renewed strength. He pulled himself cautiously up onto the ledge were the entrance to this little building was. No one was around. The Jedi breathed a sigh of relief as he reached out to the force and found that his apprentice was indeed still alive, but in great pain. But who could tell for how long?

The door was locked, but it was easily pryed open. They apparently didn't think anyone could make the climb. Their place in the mountain was nearly invisible from an aricraft, and even if someone force sensative were to detect were their small fortress was from the air, censors were probably installed to detect any aircraft approaching. Suddenly he was glad he had decided a small aircraft would have been risky.

Making sure no one was around, he eased himself inside. A blast of warm air hit him, and he was tempted to sit there for a moment and simply take in the warmth. But he had no time for such foolishness.

He was about to look for a way to navigate the fortress without attracting attention, when a blood chilling scream filled the air. He forze stiff, and for the first time noticed that a feeling of general pain and misery was around him...along with a feeling of intense evil. And Obi-Wan was here.

The fear he had managed to keep under control for most of his journey was now beginning to build up again. Along with the anger...He suddeny had the urge to go find a guard and force him to tell him where his apprentice was. And if he didn't...

No...these are not appropriate emotions...you'll never find him if y

23. Mekial

Dec 9, 1999
    My post seemd to be elusive. Maybe this will help.

24. Tigris

Tigris Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :slaps forehead: STUPED! STUPED! STUPED! Why did I not check this out sooner?!?! eek.gif

PLEASE post!!!

25. Jedi Chikara

Aug 1, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.