main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Immortality Endgame in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi with a TARDIS, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I think that is reasonable likely goal for Snoke, Plagueis searched for Immortality, Pretty sure Palpatine wanted it too, I think Snoke also probably is looking to achieve it. I don't particularly like this "Body-Swapping" idea though, I don't really know why.....i just don't think it would work well, But that's just my personal Opinion.

2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Some powerful Jedi are immortal, as being a Force Ghost means they are able to keep their individuality forever.

Who needs a body, anyway?

3. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Right. This is why those who try to cheat bodily death always pay the price. Look at Death Becomes Her. Wait ... wait ... I think I know what happened to Snoke!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Sheev himself looked like a creepy decrepit old man. And yeah I know he WAS old, but jeez was he still unnaturally freaky-looking.

5. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Immortality?
    Everyone knows that all he needs is the dragon balls.
    [​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

The Light gets force ghosts = Spirits\Angels
    The Dark side gets possession an ability some might consider unnatural = Demonic Possession

light_sabe_r and Sarge like this.
  7. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Letting go and hanging on. That's it in a nutshell. Spiritual-eternal v. physical-temporal. That's what it (STAR WARS) has always been about.

light_sabe_r, Wildcatbarry and Sarge like this.
  8. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    It'd be pretty powerful if they had Snoke attempting to take over Luke's body, and starting to succeed, when Luke kills himself to prevent Snoke from winning. An 'honorable death' type scene would fit with the Jedi = samurai/knight/etc and provide Luke with a powerful, meaningful death scene. Even better would be if his body dissapeared and we meet him later as a Force ghost.

light_sabe_r likes this.
  9. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Does Snoke specifically say he wants Skywalker dead in TFA? I honestly can't remember. I remember him wanting him found and located before the Resistance finds him, but dead?

If he didn't, perhaps he wants Luke alive but debilitated so he can try to learn from him the "Force Ghost" secret of immortality in spirit form. No dark side user has ever done it, but can you imagine the possibility of being a dark side spirit and able to haunt and affect things from beyond the grave? Obviously Snoke is injured/frail in some way. Maybe he thinks he's dying soon...