Immunity Challege Week 1

Discussion in 'Big Brother 5' started by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Okay. Here we go. I'm beginning the immunity challenges with something that will actually be a real challenge for some of you. Since I know you all eat food (we're all human here), I don't want any excuses. If you have a disadvantage with this challenge, then I want you to get creative.

We're having a baking contest.

By Saturday morning at 10am, I want you to have posted a photo of something you baked/cooked. Extra brownie points for creativity (an example would be Jacen's awesome cake of which I do not have a picture of). I'm suggesting baked goods because it seems like that would be easier to get creative with, plus they look nicer. But you can cook whatever. Have fun. The mods will decide the best food thing and the winner will be announced tomorrow evening when the housemates up for eviction are announced.

And GO!

(also don't have your mom's cook crap and take photos of that, I'm like a teacher - I know when you're lying)

2. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/master_jacen/017.jpg]

(not my entry but the cake slg is talking about)
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    How recently does this have to have been baked. As in between tonight and Saturday morning? Or can it be something recent but not baked in that timeframe?
  4. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    [image=http://media.photobucket.com/image/ridiculous%20wedding%20cakes/dixiediva82/wedding/ribbon_cake.jpg]

Just a little something I whipped up.
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Actually for the release party of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I made a defEATable Voldetorte.
  6. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Awesome. My brother is a professional chef, I'm sure he can give me a few tips.
  7. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Yes you have one day to bake it. Or cook it. Or cheese and crackers it. Whatever you decide to do. Between right this minute and Saturday morning. I will make another thread for the entries tomorrow so you can post the photos there once you are done.
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, then I'm off to the *@(#$&@ grocery store at 12:27 a.m. to find ingredients since I have to leave the house at 8:22 a.m. *grins and bears it*
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Hmmm. I don't even know if we have anything to bake with.

Well, obviously I can make a cake, but creatively? I dunno.
  10. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    If I can get the ingreds, I want to make challah. It's my specialty.
  12. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    by the way.

YOU MUST ALSO TAKE AT LEAST PHOTO OF YOURSELF WITH THE THING YOU MAKE.
  13. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
    what if we don't have a camera? can we mspaint ourselves and our creation?
  14. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Seriously? Is it just for proof that we made it? It's getting a bit personal isn't it?
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Me+stockphoto+photoshop=WIN!

Just kidding. No, really...well, maybe...
  16. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    We have about 24 hours to do this from now, right?
  17. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7

Write your username on a piece of paper and put it next to the thing in the photo. You don't have to be in the photo. I just want proof that you didn't just steal an image.

Marcus - More than that, but yes. I will be a little lenient if you send me a pm and you need like a couple hours extra or something.

Ishtar - Don't even try it. I'm a graphic design major, and well experienced in photoshop. I can spot mistakes on pro work.
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I know. It just isn't fair that this couldn't have happened last weekend when I made lembas for a LOTR marathon. :)
  19. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Learning how to bake wasn't exactly how I planned on spending my Saturday [face_laugh] Oh well.
  20. zacparis VIP

star 7
    We don't have to bake. Just boil some carrots or something. :p
  21. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Liek zOMG do i have time for this?:confused:
    I really don't know. [face_thinking] Got to work now for 9 hours, then it's off to my sis, and then cinema and then maybe while we pull her an all-nighter I can get something done. Because I'll be busy until 4am Saturday.

Don't get me wron, I love to bake, spent a whole day making Wookiee Cookies for the Convention last year, but it's a bit short term...:(

22. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
    oh man, i am going to bake the hell out of some cake.

(and as far as i can tell from this thread i'm going to be the only one)
  23. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    What do i have to offer, so you'll bake one for me too and put a note with my username next to it?[face_whistling]
  24. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    Cook...

I can't cook...

The last time I cooked in school (which was the only time I cooked) I filled a bag up with oil - they said you had to oil it to put the food in, I just used a bit..too much

Anothertime I made Gingerbreadmen, but got the spoons mixed up, use a table spoon instead of a teaspoon of ginger...they were very... gingery...
  25. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Despite the fact that I'm probably the only one here with classical chef training I'm going to struggle to participate in this particular contest due to lack of available time. Essentially I'm logging in for the first time today (it's 1pm Friday), and I need to come up with something spiffy by tomorrow morning ?

I've got heavy work committments today, and wedding to travel to tomorrow.

I guess that makes me autofail, and I hope it doesn't mean auto-nomination, or worse still auto eviction.

A little more time would have been grand - sorry for being unable to get into the spirit!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.