main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imp Remnant??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Elite_Guard, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    I would hope not. I feel the Empire has been softened far to much recently. & the IR DOES remain a facist state, at the end of it. Whilst the Moffs may be a form of aristocracy, they're very military-esque(Tarkin springs to mind.).

The Empire won't ever unite fully with the New Republic, because it would screw up so many unexp;ained things, such as Maarek Stele, the Prophets of the Dark Side, Lady Lumiya, the big massive chunk of Empire remaining unused/undiscovered in the Unknown Regions, the Chiss...

I long for the days of the quasi-Imperial threats. *Sniff.*

2. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Around the time of VOTF the Imp Remnant had about 200 Star Destroyers, at the time of DTR they would have that and probably 20 or more of them, 12 of which were used to defend Ithor but we never hear how many DreadNoughts and Interdictor Cruisers they had left probably had about a couple hundred of them.

they are far from defenseless, and if Daala came to join them after VOTF along with the remaining Deep Core Warlords mentioned in the YJK books they probably have all of their fleets as well, leaving them a big secure fleet of SD's that can hold off the vong for awhile.

3. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    Funny thing is that what is happening is exactly what that clone Royal Guard in Hand of Thrawn doulogy said would happen, a little push and becuase of how the NR is built it will collapse in on itself.

4. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    do ya'll remember in one of the books whenever someone, i can't remember who thought/said basically with the loss of so and so planet/capture of forgotten to my memory planet, the remmnant will be cut off. by now they are pretty deep in vong territory and they would probably take a fairly high percentile of damage before being blown to bits at coruscant or other target unless it was next door and those that are important i believe are captured.

5. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Didn`t Daala kill all of those Warlords in Darksaber ?

And what about that fleet they had in Darksaber, what was it nearly 200 VSDs alone....

Hey good point about the Dreadnaughts. I'd hate to think how old they are, but hey with the Vong coming its good to have every "gun" you can get to bare against them.

Is there still an Imperial Remnant in the core ? I remember from several of the older books they talked about how the Imperials in the core had been "hidding" for years and no one knew what they was doing. I just assumed when the newest maps came out that the Imperials had been driven from there.

Samuel

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Those planets were Agamar and Ord Mantell, and they've been overtaken.

7. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Pallaeon is busy defending his borders. When did Yaga Minor become the shipyards of the IR, I thought is was the Ubiqorate Intelligence base? At least the IR is decisive in its actions unlike the NR

8. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Those dreadnaughts are slow-but powerful, and that is what they need. They have around 20 quad turbolaser and 40 turbo lasers. That is enough for me. Tiny corvettes wouldn't even stand up to that.

9. Aldaric_Brandl

Aldaric_Brandl Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2000
    "an 'operational group': that is to say: 4 ISDs and 8 SDs, victory-class; 12 SDs to defend Ithor"

I think it would be safe to say that per system owned, the IR can actually put more ships in space than the Republic.

"Is there still an Imperial Remnant in the core ? I remember from several of the older books they talked about how the Imperials in the core had been "hidding" for years and no one knew what they was doing. I just assumed when the newest maps came out that the Imperials had been driven from there"

The Imperials have indeed been pushed from the Core. The current Imperial remnant backs on the the vast expanse of space that was surveyed by Thrawn. It might be best to think of the Remnant as being something like WW2 Russia...a well known densely populated region (European Russia) with a vast, resource rich sparsely populated hinterland (Russia west of the Urals).

There's more than meets the eye about the Remnant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.