main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BOARD IMPERIAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JunoSynth, Mar 4, 2015.

1. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
  2. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I love, love, LOVE this game. I was a big fan of Descent, but this has totally replaced it for me. Descent was easily in my top 10 board games, but throw a Star Wars theme on top of it and now it's one of my top 3, if not my very favorite. I'm just going crazy waiting for the character packs to come out...

JunoSynth likes this.
  3. Efdifor

Efdifor Jedi Knight

Mar 3, 2015
    They really got hurt by the West Coast Port slowdowns. The character packs needed to be out at the same time as the box set. The base game isn't complete (particularly in Skirmish mode) without the additional cards in those packs (not to mention the characters themselves). A lot of people's first experience with the game will be with sort of "half" of a game, and they might not bother to try again after the packs arrive.

But in any event, I like almost all of the changes to the basic Descent engine. As an example, the line of sight rules are very clear yet give much more realistic results than the ones in Descent 2E.

4. JunoSynth

May 21, 2014
  5. camickcwr

camickcwr Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2015
  6. JunoSynth

May 21, 2014
    Boba Fett Expansion!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Twin Shadows

Investigate a growing Imperial presence in Twin Shadows, a new expansion for Imperial Assault! New dangers lurk in every shadow and darkened alley on Tatooine, home of bounty hunters and galactic scum. To make matters worse, Han Solo has disappeared while on assignment in Mos Eisley. Now, a crack team of elite Rebel operatives launches their investigation to uncover the truth behind the Imperial plot.
    This expansion offers new content for both the campaign game and the skirmish game. You can play a fully formed mini-campaign that challenges your Rebel heroes to rush to Han Solo's aid or battle through a Mos Eisley cantina in the skirmish game. Two new heroes join the forces of the Rebel Alliance, but Heavy Stormtroopers and Tusken Raiders fight for the forces of the Empire. With ten sculpted plastic figures, twelve double-sided map tiles, and over sixty new cards, Twin Shadows brings new levels of danger and skulduggery to every Imperial Assault game.