Lit Imperial Commando 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Remeral Vhett, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Who was your favorite sergeant from Republic Commando?

Kal Skirata 2 vote(s) 28.6%
Walon Vau 4 vote(s) 57.1%
Mij Gilamar 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. Remeral Vhett Jedi Padawan

I recently learned that Karen Traviss is no longer going to write the Imperial Commando 2 novel, and, needless to say, I was kriffin' angry. I do understand, however, the concerns that were voiced over the possibility of IC2 contradicting with the continuity thread created by the Clone Wars animated series.

Here are my questions for you:

What are your hopes for Imperial Commando 2?

Who is your writer of choice for the series if if cannot be Karen Traviss?

Will the writer from question 2 be able to successfully carry on the story line of the Skirata family?
  2. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Um, is this like two years ago? This is old news, no offense. There have been rumors, though, recently, that Matthew Stiver has been in talks with continuing/finishing this series.
  3. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Karen did write a post on her website saying what could have happened had ImpCom 2 came out. Personally I think Stover would be a good choice to continue/finish the series.
  4. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    Is there a link to what she wrote? If not, is there a summary somewhere else?
  5. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I haven't seen it in this format before, but I am fairly confident that this is just a cut-and-paste of the original entry.

Basically, the most predictable novel ever. Everyone gets hitched and lives happily ever after.
  6. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    As far as I can recall, it is a duplicate of the info that was on her website.
  7. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It is her website. I just hadn't seen it in that format before. I had see it previously in a more forum-post kind of format. I am assuming it's the same info, but I feel like I've seen slightly more detail before.
  8. Reveen Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So it would've been a book called Imperial Commando, except most of the book would be about things that aren't imperialism or commando operations.

*sigh* Remember the halcyon days when Star Wars books actually had things happen in them?
  9. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    *hands Landostrip a copy of X-Wing Iron Fist* For sake of the good old days. :)
  10. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Exactly. Which was what IC was with which to begin. And yet people want more.

I made the mistake of buying all four sequels while I was in the middle of reading Hard Contact. I naturally assumed that the sequels would be like the first. I was very wrong.
    Gorefiend likes this.