main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Imperial Commando 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Remeral Vhett, Nov 5, 2012.

?

Who was your favorite sergeant from Republic Commando?

1. Kal Skirata

28.6%
  2. Walon Vau

57.1%
  3. Mij Gilamar

14.3%
  1. Remeral Vhett

Remeral Vhett Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I recently learned that Karen Traviss is no longer going to write the Imperial Commando 2 novel, and, needless to say, I was kriffin' angry. I do understand, however, the concerns that were voiced over the possibility of IC2 contradicting with the continuity thread created by the Clone Wars animated series.

Here are my questions for you:

What are your hopes for Imperial Commando 2?

Who is your writer of choice for the series if if cannot be Karen Traviss?

Will the writer from question 2 be able to successfully carry on the story line of the Skirata family?

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Um, is this like two years ago? This is old news, no offense. There have been rumors, though, recently, that Matthew Stiver has been in talks with continuing/finishing this series.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Karen did write a post on her website saying what could have happened had ImpCom 2 came out. Personally I think Stover would be a good choice to continue/finish the series.

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Is there a link to what she wrote? If not, is there a summary somewhere else?

5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I haven't seen it in this format before, but I am fairly confident that this is just a cut-and-paste of the original entry.

Basically, the most predictable novel ever. Everyone gets hitched and lives happily ever after.

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    As far as I can recall, it is a duplicate of the info that was on her website.

7. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    It is her website. I just hadn't seen it in that format before. I had see it previously in a more forum-post kind of format. I am assuming it's the same info, but I feel like I've seen slightly more detail before.

8. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    So it would've been a book called Imperial Commando, except most of the book would be about things that aren't imperialism or commando operations.

*sigh* Remember the halcyon days when Star Wars books actually had things happen in them?

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    *hands Landostrip a copy of X-Wing Iron Fist* For sake of the good old days. :)

10. Riven_JTAC

Jun 28, 2011
    Exactly. Which was what IC was with which to begin. And yet people want more.

I made the mistake of buying all four sequels while I was in the middle of reading Hard Contact. I naturally assumed that the sequels would be like the first. I was very wrong.

Gorefiend likes this.