main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Imperial Commando

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by engineer, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engineer

engineer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    I just finished reading the 5th installment to Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series.

The book has a ton of twists, and tools to spin off many other books.
    Too bad Karen and Lucas couldn't come to terms to allow this series to continue beyond the next book, because a lot of new adventures were started, and will now have to be left either open ended or rushed to conclusion.

BTW, the Emporer makes Vader look like a Campfire Girl in this book. :)

2. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I will try to read it this holiday. Yeah, I concur. Wish Travis was sticking around.

3. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Just for some clarification, according to her blog, Karen Traviss will be writing ONE more book for the series to try and tie-up the loose ends.

It is truly a shame that a talented writer who was given a story line to write on was reigned in because it conflicted with the CARTOON!!!! She is a great writer and is a loss to the Star Wars EU.

4. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I'm glad she's in it for one more. Will miss her. really liked the RC series. She brought the clones to life!

5. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I got Imperial Commando paperback today, but I think I'm gonna hold off reading it until I pick up Order 66.

6. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    U definitely want to read Order 66 first. Alot of story line in 501st is a result of plots in Order 66. Good luck and let us know how you like it.

7. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Got Order 66 from Amazon the other day and actually started reading. I like the backtory on Kal Skirata; how we was acquired by the Mandos at a young age. Lots of goodness!

8. Ranger-Joe

Ranger-Joe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2007
    I finished this a little while ago great read hope she can tie up alot of loose ends with only just one more book.

9. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    One of the things I just don't get is the Battle of Geonosis and RC involvement. In Order 66, Travis says 10,000 RC's participated in the battle, but only 5,000 survived it.

Now, that's a bit disconcerting. In AOTC, I know we only saw a cross-section of the big ground battle, so we're only left to guess as to what happened in other areas. And in the original Xbox game, "Republic Commando", we know there was Delta squad on a specific mission. So how were the other 9,996 RC's deployed?

Did GAR Command use these guys in frontal assaults on the Seps, and they just got cut down?

Was there a space battle where Jedi Cruisers carrying the RC's got destroyed by Sep ships?

I know I'm only a few pages into the book, but I'd really like to know.

I can't remember whether Triple Zero, True Colors, or Hard Contact references any of this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.