main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Imperial confinement. (A Slight Disruption novella.) Han, Vader, PT&OT and EU.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aiel, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Imperial confinement. (A Slight Disruption novella.)

[b]Summary[/b]:

Set between chapter fourteen [i](Encountering the Emperor and further developments,[/i]) and chapter fifteen ([i]Imperial Entanglements[/i],) this short story seeks to cover some of the missing five years between the two, and the life Han experienced as the foster son of Darth Vader.

Our story begins the day after the Empire's anniversary, Han is given permission by Vader to travel to Naboo to meet with Padmé's family and stay with them while Vader attends to other duties.

Accompanied by the young Imperial cadet, Crix Madine, and the aging Imperial General, Jan Dodonna, Han is welcomed on peaceful Naboo warmly.

But, being Han Solo, the young teen soon finds trouble in an unexpected form when a former Jedi asks for his help in the most unusual of circumstances.

[hr]

Well here's a shocking surprise to my system, revisiting old friends is one thing, reviving the dead is another; and this novella is somewhere in between.

(If anyone hasn't read[i] A Slight Disruption[/i], it's in my profile. But, the version on fanfiction.net has been cleaned up and reformatted for an easier read. [link=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6126915/1/A_Slight_Disruption]A Slight Disruption[/link]. [link=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6522687/1/Revolution_of_Fate]Revolution of Fate[/link] is also there, with additional chapters not posted here yet. When the boards move, the new version of ASD and ROF will be posted and updated there as well.)

Honestly I thought I might offer the idea to someone else, (as I've been planning on re-formatting and cleaning up some of my old(er) fics, including ASD,) but the concept came knocking and I've taken a break from [i]Revelation of Fate[/i] for the time being. So, what better way than to offer some insight into Han's mid-to-late teenage years with the foster father from hell?

(On a side note, if anyone has an interest in writing something from the eight years between ASD and RoF, feel free to contact me about it.)

I hope you enjoy. :)

[hr]

[b]Chapter One: Oh, goodie...[/b]

[hr]

[b]O[/b]pening up one hazel eye, the teenage boy pulled the covers off of his tussled, brown haired head and rolled the aforementioned eye about the room; scoping out his austere surroundings with a bored eye before pulling the covers back over himself and groaning unhappily.

Wishing away all that had happened in the past four days had obviously been fruitless. The bedroom quarters he had been given by what used to be his foster father, were the same drab grey and black as the rest of the huge apartment. As cold and as distant as his foster father himself.

After a moment of regret, the boy swallowed hard and resolutely. What was it that Bail Organa used to say? If wishes were fishes and Hutts were overgrown slugs...[i]no that's not it...wishes were fishes and...something about flying Duros?
    [/i]
    Han Solo-Naberrie(...well now Vader as well,) pushed off the covers with an annoyed grunt. He couldn't remember the rest of the saying to convince himself to stay in bed, so he'd might as well get up and find some food...maybe some caf if he could sneak it, stim-tea if he couldn't.

The skinny, lanky teen threw his long legs over the side of the bed and pushed back his longish, light brown bangs from his half-lidded hazel eyes. Standing up and stretching, Han plodded over to the 'fresher, clad only in his grey sleep pants.

After finishing up what he had to do in the ensuite 'fresher, Han walked back into his room and found a t-shirt. Pulling on the plain white shirt, Solo looked over at his bedroom door and pursed his lips thoughtfully.

Should he risk heading out or would his breakfast be brought to him?

Han shrugged and walked over to the door panel, pressing it he stepped out into the ascetic apartment and looked around, there was no-one around. But there was a buzzing sound coming from the front entrance door.
    [i]
    Maybe it's breakfast[/i]? Solo thought hopefully as he pressed the buzzer beside the shiny silver entrance, immediately it swooped up

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm really liking this! I'm going to have some reading to do over the next few days by checking out your other fiction to this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.