main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I certainly hope that the rebel fleet has more of a surprise than what I just read, because they are outnumbered

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    You had to leave it on a cliffie! Oh well... it's worth it!

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    dajohu: I wouldn't be surprised if Wedge shows up, since Ricar looks like he's going to finally act.

Ocelotl: Outnubered they are, but isn't that when the Rebels seem to function best.

SithGirl: Of course it ends in a cliffie. It's how I operate...

Okay, here comes the next post, on what is rather warm evening in Wisconsin.

The tingle at the back of Zeth's neck was growing stronger, and he finally could keep silent no longer. "All right, you've got our attention. Come out, and you'll not be harmed."

"I wasn't worried about being harmed," a silky voice said, and a red-skinned Lethan Twi-lek stepped from the shadows. "I was concerned that there might be Yuuzhan Vong tailing you."

"Trust me, any pursuit we might have gained would have been dealt with long before now," Sunber said, joining his commander. His hand was on the butt of his holstered blaster. "Mind telling us where you came from, lady?"

"The same place you came from, I'd suspect," the Twi-lek said with a coy smile. "I came here to help liberate the planet from the Yuuzhan Vong."

"One lone Twi-lek?" Sunber said. "Somehow, I have a hard time believing that one."

"I wouldn't be so quick to judge her, Jerek," Zeth said. He was beginning to understand why he'd been feeling uneasy for the last few hours. Their whole party had been tracked by an Imperial Jedi. "Master Jedi, how did you come to arrive on Chandrila? And more importantly, why seek us out? Why not simply attack the Yuuzhan Vong yourself?"

"My apprentice and I traveled here from Belkaden, guided by the will of the Force. We tracked down a Yuuzhan Vong hunting party, but it appeared too large for us to take on ourselves. I would say that it would be something of a waste for us to die trying to attack a party that was too large to begin with, wouldn't you?" she said, offering a sharp-toothed smile.

"You might be correct. But why seek us out?"

"Because one of your own managed to trail the party that my apprentice and I discovered. She made herself known to them before we could, and their commander became a little suspicious. He is keeping my apprentice with him, while I was sent to seek you out. He believes that the best course would be to unite his group with yours."

"How many officers does his group number?" Sunber asked.

"Four," Alourra said. "They also have a number of civilians with them."

"Lovely," Zeth muttered under his breath. "But we knew civilians were going to wind up in the crossfire before this was all said and done. Perhaps we can offer them at least some training before they are rushed into combat."

"I wouldn't count on having much time. Even if we move quickly, the party Xinos and I encountered will likely intercept the commandos before we can reach them."

"Then we're moving out now," Zeth said.

"But what of your men?" Alourra asked. "They have been moving almost constantly, and many of them are exhausted."

"They'd rather be exhausted than slaves to the Yuuzhan Vong," Sunber said. "And you might be surprised, Master Jedi, how well some of us have learned to manage sleep."

"Very well. But I warn you, I shall be looking out for my apprentice and myself. I am willing ton help you, but I serve the Force and the will of the Empress above all else."

"Glad you told us up front. I wonder if my brother would have been so direct."

"From what I know of Kyp Durron," Alourra said, "he would be even more direct."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming Wednesday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    someone's gettin backup I see

5. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Fun post, but I dont give much of a chance for the commandos... I think they are out gunned and soon to be discovered

6. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. As always, I'm anxiously awaiting the next update. :)

-dajohu

7. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    whew... sorry for the long time no post lost the boards for a while, and i've had to go from the start from the begining of Hand of the Empress.... wow the storys has gone from strength to strength, its amazing especally in the Vong scenes and i can't beleive how evil Salina has become and she was such a sweet child, i do wonder though who is running the empire with both the Empress and Ricar occupied training apprentices, do i smell Iceheart anyhere???

PHGS Weyr

8. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    This is so funny, I'm not used to Zeth being alive, so as I read your post I thought Zekk! And I kept wondering why he wasn't on Hapes! [face_laugh] duh! then I had to go back and re-read it!

I like that some of the Imperial Forces are joining with the "Rebels" to fight the vong. they are going to need to.

I really hope we see Kyp and Zeth meet up!?!?! [face_praying]

9. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Hmm... Zekk and Zeth are easy to confuse. great job!

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: You'd better believe I'm giving Zeth some backup.

Ocelotl: They may be outmanned and outgunned, but then, shouldn't their training compensate at least a little bit. That, and they now have a Jedi with them...

dajohu: Then I'll oblige by providing the update.

PHGS: I've got to hand it to you, if you've gone through both "Hand" and this so far. That had to be quite the marathon read. I had to show how good Salina could have been, just to make her fall all the more painful for all involved. I wouldn't count on Iceheart mounting a challenge to the Empress, since she's been given a taste of the consequences...

obiwan: Trust me, there have been a few times I've had to go back and correct myself, as I'd mistakenly written "Zekk" or "Zeth" and it was supposed to be the other one.

SthGirl: Only in name, I hope. Hopefully, their characters are different enough that you can recognize them.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"Excuse me? Master Skywalker, I'm afraid that I don't understand."

"I would suggest that you forget about any games you might have been planning, Lady Roat," Luke said. "I know who your husband really is."

"Then I'm surprised I haven't received word of his death," Iella said softly. "Or is that what you're here to tell me?"

"I couldn't kill Wedge, even if I wanted to," Luke admitted. "We may have stood on opposite sides for a number of years, but I have always considered him a friend. I have considered myself lucky that I haven't had to face him."

"He was always trying to stay out of your way. He felt that if you met, he would be recognized immediately."

"And so he was when we did meet," Luke replied. "But I haven't come here to talk about Wedge. Nor have I come to arrest you as a traitor to the Empire, so you can put any thoughts regarding the blaster under that chair to rest."

"You went through our home?"

"Lady Roat, after all these years, I know how to tell when someone's considering action against me. Or rather, I thought I did." He shook his head. "I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll be blunt. I need your help. Not as the wife of an Imperial hero, but as a Rebel."

"What makes you think the Alliance even still exists? Perhaps Wedge and I simply grew into the roles we'd been given." That drew a soft chuckle from Luke.

"Don't try that line with me, Lady Roat," Luke said. "You're far too much of a professional to allow that to happen."

"Please, Master Skywalker, call me Iella. Now, you said you needed my help. What can an old Rebel do that the Master of the Imperial Jedi Order cannot?"

"You can help me rescue my wife and sister. I said just a moment ago that I used to be able detect malicious intent. I just couldn't detect it from my own daughter. She's arrested both Leia and Mara."

"You realize that what you're suggesting would be considered treason."

"I can't support an Empire that forgets years of service, just because a person gives in to a moment of weakness. That, and the fact that my family is all that I truly have in this world. If I can't have them, then perhaps it's time that I take action." A cry came from one of the back rooms.

"Was that a child?" Iella asked.

Luke looked at the floor, sheepish. "I left the Palace in a bit of a hurry. With their mother under guard, there's nobody but me to look after our infant twins. I was hoping that you might have some ideas for me."

"I'm an intelligence agent, Master Skywalker. But I do have a few contacts, one of whom you've met before, I believe. Let me see if I can reach her?"

++++++++++++

More with Wedge to come on Friday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I wonder who the contact is

12. dajohu

Oct 16, 2006
    Poor Luke, I hope Iella and him are able to figure something out to rescue Leia & Mara. i'm also wondering who this contact is...

-dajohu

13. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    It looks like Luke came to the right spot... Time to go kick some Sith Butt!!!

14. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    this seems to be what is turning the tide...

but I'm a little confused. I thought Wedge stayed "rebel"???

intriguing update, I also look forward to meeting the contact

15. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Whoot post!!

Love the story it took me 8 hours to read through both stories, Yay Winter is coming back!!!

I hope they manage to rescue Salina as well i liked her character before she got all sithly on us.

Is Luke finally returning to take up his rightful place as gardian of truth and justice, and hero of the rebelion?

As always your stories are a joy to read with their indepth character realisations, plot twists, not to mention obscure character cameo's, and downright evilness.

PHGS Weyr

16. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Yes, I agree. Winter is returning, I hope? And maybe Luke will return to the Alliance?

17. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Sorry to say, but you'll have to wait a bit to find out.

dajohu: I would say that you can count on Luke and Iella figuring something out.

Ocelotl: There will be some butt-kicking coming, believe me.

obiwan: Wedge did stay Rebel, but Iella was feeling out Luke's allegiances...

PHGS: Salina's fate remains clouded. I've worked out where most of the characters will wind up, but she's still a question mark. Luke is indeed ready to take his rightful place as a Jedi.

SithGirl: I'd say that the odds of that character returning are certainly likely.

The hum from behind him told Wedge that the holonet pod was receiving a transmission. He turned, and watched as the image of a Jedi appeared. It took Wedge a moment to put a name to the face, but then he recalled it. Lumiya, who had, it seemed, been spending a good deal of time with Ricar Palpatine. "General Roat," she said, without any further preamble.

"Jedi Lumiya," Wedge said, and saw her bristle just a little. He knew that she had been an apprentice of Vader's, and even a pet project of the Empress herself at one time. But since then, she had been relegated to the ranks of the Empire's Jedi Order. Wedge guessed, based on the reaction, that she still had nothing but contempt for the Jedi philosophy.

"Your captains, I trust, are ready to mobilize?" she asked.

"Jedi Lumiya, I think I've made it quite clear that the crews of the Fleet have been waiting for some sort of action. Has Lord Palpatine finally decided to move?"

"You would do well to keep in mind that you speak of the Imperial Heir," Lumiya said. "I believe that he deserves your respect."

"He has my obedience, Jedi Lumiya." Whether he deserves any respect from me depends on his actions. I can't very well expect that he will do what is right for the galaxy, but I believe I can count on him doing whatever he has to in order to retain power. "What are my orders?"

"The fleet is to form up with Emperor's Fist," Lumiya said, her face still partially hidden by the cowl of her robe, one more thing that had made it a bit difficult for Wedge to identify her. "In one standard hour, we will be making the jump into hyperspace. I trust that that will give you sufficient time in which to prepare?"

"It will, Jedi Lumiya. When the Heir is ready, the Fleet will be ready at his command."

"The Fleet should always be ready at his command."

"Of course, Jedi Lumiya. I ask forgiveness for my error." The words didn't come easily to Wedge, but he'd been around enough Imperial Jedi over the years to know that sometimes, it helped to massage their egos. In that way, Wedge thought with just a hint of irony, they were like the Hutts they had all but wiped out.

"As You should be, General. I am sending word to Kyp Durron. You will take further orders from him."

"Yes, Jedi Lumiya. May I inquire as to whether the Hapan Fleet will be allowed to participate in the engagement?"

"The Hapans will be needed here, in case the Yuuzhan Vong somehow escape the pasting that the fleet will deal them. Assuming, of course, that your crews are as good as you claim they are."

"Very well," Wedge said, and Lumiya's image vanished before he could add anything else. "Thank the Force," Wedge muttered. Then he turned back to the bridge, and began issuing the orders that would send the fleet into the engagement.

++++++++++++

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

18. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    So it begins

19. dajohu

Oct 16, 2006
    lol, comparing the imperial jedi to Hutts was pretty good :) Let's just hope that their arrogance doesn't cause a disaster in the upcoming battle.

-dajohu

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    so Ricar finally moves

21. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Hmm. I was scared for a minute that Wedge would be in trouble... *sigh of relief*
    Those YV are in a lot of trouble.

22. Darth_Phaethon

Darth_Phaethon Jedi Master

Apr 17, 2007
    OK let's see how the battle will go

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    finally... Ricar may be the heir but the bueracracy in getting into the fight was awful... What if the rebels finish off the Vong first?

MMMM

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    motoish: It begins, but pieces are still in motion.

dajohu: Not all Jedi are as arrogant as Lumiya, remember. Kyp at least has the ability to see sense when he wants to.

Sil: Yup, Ricar's ready to move.

SithGirl: Yes, between the Imps, the Rebels, and a few others, the YV are in for a world of hurt.

Darth_Phaethon: There are still a few details that need doing before the battle begins.

Ocelotl: I don't think the Rebels will finish off the Vong, but they might be able to make a dent.

Her tormentor pressed another control, and Leia felt as though her body felt as though it was consumed by flame. It seemed like every nerve in her body was afire, and it seemed like someone had dipped her in lava. And yet, just as it seemed like nothing could be worse, the sensation shifted. Rather than fire, it seemed like she'd been plunged naked into the snows of Hoth.

"You know, you could end this quite easily. Just tell me where the other Rebels are," her tormentor said. It would have been easier for Leia if the person conducting the torture were someone else, but the voice could only belong to one person: her niece turned Sith Lady.

"I don?t know where they are, Salina," Leia said, trying to toss her sweat filled hair from her face, and only managing to increase the chill that was passing through her.

"I no longer answer to that name, Aunt Leia," Salina said, moving slightly so that she was now fully within Leia's line of sight. "I would have thought that it would be clear to you now," she said, stepping to Leia's side, and pushing Leia's hair from her face with one gloved hand. "Now, where are the Rebels?" she asked, her breath on Leia's face causing Leia to shiver again.

"I told you, I don't know," Leia said, trying to keep her teeth from chattering. She wanted to tell Salina something, anything to end this torment. But it would only be a temporary release, since the Dark Lady would simply return more angered than before. Leia heard the door to the chamber open, but couldn't turn to look, as the restraints held her quite firmly.

"I would have thought that a Sith would have come up with more creative methods," a voice said, and the newcomer stepped into view. Leia's heart sank. If there was anyone with less use for Jedi than the Sith, it was Ysanne Isard, the woman now standing before Leia. Though it seemed to Leia as though Isard had gone through some kind of change. She seemed to be favoring one leg, and Leia thought she heard a whir of servos as Isard's fingers tapped the edge of the table to which Leia was strapped.

"Sometimes old methods work just as well," Salina said. "As I recall, you adapted this from a design of Darth Vader's."

"I did," Isard said. "Unfortunately, I never had much cause to use it. Often enough, the mere appearance would frighten captives into confessing. I often wondered what it would do to a Jedi. When I heard you were conducting the interrogation yourself, I thought I might have the opportunity."

"Unfortunately, my dear aunt seems somewhat uncooperative," Salina said. "Unless, of course, she truly doesn't know where the Rebels are."

"Which would be highly unlikely," Isard reminded. "She is, after all, one of the principal leaders of the Rebellion. As such, I'm sure there are all kinds of agents she could tell us about."

"You're hoping she'll implicate my father," Salina said. "I've already ensured that his loyalty remains intact."

"For now," Isard said. "But what you're doing must be sending waves of pain through the Force. Surely, given that your aunt is his twin, he will have felt those waves by now."

"Unfortunately, it is something that must be done. I will ensure that he understands that this was all for the best."

"He may not be so easily persuaded. Surely you will find it difficult to employ this device against your own father, just to test his loyalty."

"I would remind you that you address a Sith, Madame Director. Th

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    the kid'll pay for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.