main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Poor little Salina, she don't know what she's getting herself into... :D Daddy is gonna give her the whipping she so justly deserves if I'm not mistaken.

-dajohu

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    hmmm Force drugs.... gotta get me some of that....

Bad Salina... but i don't really like Leia so carry on... just don't do it to your mother... Cause then your dad will be pissed...

PHGS Weyr

3. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    What a nasty little niece... will she torture her mother next?

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Salina will pay for this. Poor Leia! Force poison... now that sure is interesting.
    *pulls up chair, gets popcorn, watches Salina get deeper and deeper into trouble*

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Oh, yes. Salina will indeed pay for treating her aunt that way.

dajohu: Trust me, when Luke learns what Salina's done, he's not going to be very forgiving. I agree, she certainly deserves a whipping.

PHGS: Yes, Force drugs would be nice, assuming they're not being used against you. And I'd say Luke's going to be pissed just based on what she's done to Leia. I mean, look at his reaction when Vader threatened Leia.

Ocelotl: Actually, Mara was supposed to be the victim originally. But with some of the things I've seen on the boards lately, I just couldn't do it.

SithGirl: Indeed, she'll pay for what she's doing. But she's the one asking to pay the price...

Okay, here comes the next post, which I promise isn't anywhere near as dark as Monday's.

"It seems that the Empire will do nothing, while my people are being slaughtered and enslaved. Do you expect me to simply sit by and watch? Or, and this is even worse, run away like a coward?"

Zekk's left hand tightened on the armrest of the pilot's chair. He looked at Melandra, the woman who had risked all to free both Adelissa and Zekk himself. The woman who, despite all his efforts to the contrary, he had fallen madly in love with. He didn't know if the love was somehow left over from that brief connection they'd experienced in the Force, or whether it was something else entirely. "I'm not a coward, Melandra. But in case you haven't noticed, this is hardly a Star Destroyer. If we head for the world the Yuuzhan Vong have taken, we'll probably wind up just like the people there."

"So your answer is to sit back and do nothing?"

"My answer is to go to Imperial Center and persuade the Empress to either recall her son, and let the military take over here, as they should, or else convince her to order Ricar to take action against the Vong."

"By the time we do that, they'll have probably taken another world, assuming that they don't move on Hapes itself."

"Melandra, think. We simply don't have the resources to launch a full-fledged assault. And even if we did, what good would it do? The Yuuzhan Vong dropped into our universe with their entire race. This isn't some pirate group that's going to run the first time they face opposition. Flaming rivers of Mustafar, they had two-third of their fleet annihilated, and they still keep coming!"

Melandra paused, considering his words. Then her eyes took on a crafty gleam. "What if I could offer you at least some resources?"

Uh oh, Zekk thought. He'd placed an obstacle in her path, but he hadn't made it large enough to deter her. "I suppose it would depend on the sort of resources." Let's hope that she doesn't offer me an entire fleet.

"As I'm sure you know, each Great House has its own fleet, a tradition that dates back to when we were first settling down. Granted, the Lorell Raiders managed to destroy a number of our ships, but the tradition was kept alive. I can offer the services of the Norema fleet."

Damnation! Zekk thought. How in the Krath had she known he was thinking about that. "There's only one slight problem, milady," he said. "When Adelissa exiled us, she also laid claim to all your House's holdings. I think that would include the fleet."

"Except that in all the chaos, she may not have thought to notify the commanders. They should still respond to my orders."

This is exactly the sort of situation I'd hoped to avoid. "Except that even if they do obey your orders, when all is said and done, they'll have been following the orders of a couple of renegades, of exiles. Are you so willing to risk their futures?"

"If they commit to the task themselves, they would be making the decision. All we have to do is?convince them."

"I'm not going to do it," Zekk said. "It would go against my oaths to the Empire."

"And what of your responsibilities to me?" she asked, smiling coyly. "Or did you forget that you owe me a certain debt as well?"

++++++++++++

Not sure if I'll be putting a

6. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Sneaky Hapans... me like? that's new lol :D

-dajohu

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I have thought about this for a bit, and I can indeed understand Darth Nephicelli. Now make her join me, and we will end this destructive misunderstanding, and rule the fanfic board as reader and protagonist! BTW Melandra is the first Hapan I liked.

8. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    Things just keep happening to Zekk, don't the? I really feel sorry for the guy.

9. JEDIMULLIGAN

JEDIMULLIGAN Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    When did Salina become so evil? Earlier in the story she had independent thoughts and was worried about the use of the Sun Crusher and condemned the use of the Death Star on Alderaan.

10. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    I wonder whats going through Lukes mind as he feels leias pain and knows whos doing it to her..

11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Jedi Mulligan:

No one patted her on the back when she condemned the action on Alderaan.
    No one cared that hundred million Yuuzhan Vongs died with an out of the way solar system that's probably abandoned. Certainly no one blamed Nephicelli for her actions, if anything, they applauded her.

hum to the tunes of I wish I had a Sylvia Plath, (except change Sylvia Plath with Darth Nephicelli).

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    sneaky hapans indeed. me lovey

13. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Sneaky, but it does not bode well for the Hapans... the eventual outcome involves becoming rebels...

14. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    hmmm....

Poor Zeck he never was much good at politics, or women...

Hapes is going to kill some vong

Get in!

PHGS Weyr

15. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    dajohu: Yup, that's those sneaky Hapans. When they can't get what they wantr the direct route, they start looking in other directions.

MU: I can't guarantee anything, but it's possible Salina may join you...:D

reagan: Yup, Zekk just keeps ending up between the rock and hard place.

MULLIGAN: Just as Anakin did, Salina started out a good person. But Kanti, being the manipulater she is, managed to twist Salina against those who want what's best for her.

motoish: You'll just have to wait and see, though I'd suppose Monday Luke'll be back on stage.

Sil: Hapans are best when they're sneaky, aren't they?

Ocelotl: When given no other choice, rebellion is often the best option.

PHGS: The Vong may decide that Hapes wasn't the best place to go...

And with that, here comes the next post!

"Dad, I can't target anything with you jinking the ship like Musafarian lava flea!" Kalenda shouted from the gun well.

"We're going to be left in pieces about the size of one if I don't keep us moving!" Han shouted back. "I'd suggest you concentrate more on the Force, sweetie!"

[Odd comment, coming from you,] Chewie woofed from the seat next to him as Han flipped the Falcon over, then corkscrewed her around her vertical axis.

"Keep those comments to yourself, furball," Han said. He then hit the comm. "I've got a pair of Vong on me tight. Anybody able to offer me some help?" Nothing originally came back but silence. Then, the display in front of him began flashing. Something was coming out of hyperspace.

"Looks like you've gotten yourself in quite a mess, Solo," a cultured voice said, though Han couldn't, for the life of him, match the voice to its owner at the moment. "I told you that hanging around with Rebels would get you into trouble someday. But you just wouldn't listen." Han threw the ship down, towards the planet, then reversed course so that he was soaring back the way he'd come. He triggered one of the Arykyd concussion missiles, only to watch it get sucked into a skip's void.

But what he did see was the make of the ship that had dropped out of hyperspace. Okay, the makes of the ships, he commented to himself. But it was the one in the center of the formation that he recognized. "Karrde? What in the Vader's helmet are you doing here?"

"The Hapans needed someone to run supplies in to the resistance fighters down there. They contacted me, to see what I might be able to do for them. And they're certainly willing to pay better than the Alliance would have."

"So because of some pretty face, you're willing to throw in with a group that's somehow managed to offend every smuggling group out there?"

"I'm not the only one who's looking to forget our old grievances with the ladies of Hapes," Karrde said. "But nobody else has the muscle to stand up to the Yuuzhan Vong. Not even, dare I say it, the Rebel Alliance. However, we do seem in a position to help each other. I'll loan your forces a couple of my ships, if you'll alert your friends not to shoot me down."

"I think you'll find that you have little to worry about," Han said, pushing the Falcon through a barrel roll and hearing a cry from See-Threepio somewhere in the rear of the ship. "We've got our hands full." The same display that had alerted him to Karrde's arrival began flashing again, and a couple dozen snubfighters dropped out of hyperspace.

"You didn't tell me you were throwing a party, General," came the voice of Tycho Celchu. The Alderaanian pilot had assumed command of the Rebel fighter groups in the absence of Wedge Antilles. "Mind if we crash it?"

"He can use all the help he can get," came another familiar voice, and a garishly decorated yellow and black X-Wing waggled its stabilizers.

"Janson, for once, I have to admit I'm happy to see you. If you want the fighters, Tycho, they're all yours."

"You heard the man," came a third voice, one that for a moment reminded him of Luke. That had to

16. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    first ooh a party with rogues excelent [face_thinking] now for some vong ownage??? please

PHGS Weyr

17. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Oh wow. Amazing! About time for a good action scene where the YV and residents of the GFFA are trying to kill each other in space... great job!

18. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Wheh-- Han can still have some luck eh?

I hope it never runs out.

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    ooh party on the Yuuzhie front :D

20. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: Let's just say that we're going to see the beginning of the end for the Vong.

SithGirl: If you like seeing the lineup against the Vong in the Hapes Cluster, just wait 'til you see what's happening on Chandrila.

Ocelotl: Han does still have his luck with him. And yes, let's hope it never runs out.

SilSolo: Yup, party on the Yuuzhie front. And you'll see more coming today.

Okay, here comes the next post.

The sight of smoke billowing from the shaper's damutek was, to Dannika, the sign that the end was upon them. Word had reached the Yuuzhan Vong on the ground that the space fleet had been all but obliterated. All that remained were a few coralskippers, and even they weren't able to do much as the Imperial forces began to arrive on Chandrila. The ground troops numbers had diminished, a testament to the fighting ability of the Yuuzhan Vong, but slowly, the Imperials were taking back the planet.

"What is our next move, Mistress?" Jovin Ghul asked. He'd been accompanying her on an inspection of the slave processing center, a test Dannika had concocted to see if he really had been broken. Seeing what had been his people converted to little more than tools for the Yuuzhan Vong was sure to provoke some reaction. "Do we go to aid the shapers?" She detected a trace of worry in his question.

"There is little we can do," Dannika said. Somewhere, deep in the back of her mind, she was a little glad to see the shapers attacked. What Nen Yim and her master had achieved seemed just on the edge of heresy, if not a shade beyond. If what they had done was heretical, then they were simply receiving what it was they deserved. "The fates of the shapers are in the hands of Yun-Yammka. Our place is on the front lines." She headed towards the spaceport, which by now had been all but destroyed.

"I must argue with this course of action, Mistress. I cannot guarantee your safety."

"If I must die, then I must die. But I will not allow the infidels to find me cowering back here like the grub of a coralskipper. I will take part in the destruction of the infidels."

"Mistress, isn't there another way to achieve your goal of striking back at the infidels?"

"The slaves. Perhaps the strongest blow we can strike against the infidels is to deny them the prize they seek. I will show them that the Yuuzhan Vong will not be forgotten, that the truth of Yun-Yuuzhan is visible to all."

Even as she spoke, something deep in Dannika rebelled. It was as if some part of her sympathized with the infidels. But they had no place outside the service of the Yuuzhan Vong, and she would not allow them to escape to plague the Yuuzhan Vong again. But that annoying nub, that part of her that sought o care for the slaves as one might a pet, forced her to double over and vomit.

"Mistress?" Jovin asked. "Are you?"

"I am fine," Dannika said, straightening. "Keep your place," she said, cuffing him slightly to remind him that he was her subordinate.

"Yes, Ma'am," Jovin said. "Merely a moment of weakness on my part."

"Come. The infidels will seek their prize, and we deny them. We shall die as warriors, and bring glory to both Yun-Yammka and Yun-Yuuzhan." Yet even as she said the words, some traitorous part of her mind spoke against her actions. Her body was wracked with pain, pain that Dannika accepted as the price of disobedience to the will of the gods.

++++++++++++

More will be coming on Wednesday, when Luke takes center stage.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Ah. Dannika. Excellent. I like Dannika, I like her a lot.

22. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I liked the "party" post with all the cool non-Force sensitives gathering their forces together. :D

23. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Well done. I could really see how she was sympathysing with the infidels. I will bet that this will come to haunt them.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    so Dannika rebels

25. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    MU: But do you like Dannike better as victim or villian? Therin lies the question.

obiwan: I'd been waiting for the right time to bring all the rebels together and throw them at the Vong. Now seemed the right time, since the Empire's finally moving.

Ocelotl: I wouldn't be so certain of Dannika's motives. Recall that she still thinks of herself as Yuuzhan Vong.

Sil: Some part of her is rebelling. And that part may not like what the Yuuzhan Vong personality has planned.

Okay, let's check in on the Hand of the Empress.

Luke staggered, his hand reaching for the arm of the couch to steady himself. From the other room, the twins began to wail. So, they had felt it too. Even Iella seemed momentarily put off. "Master Skywalker," she said. "What is it?"

"It's Leia," Luke said, tracking down the feeling and identifying its source. "She's being tortured, and her pain is spreading through the Force." He steadied himself, reinforcing his own mental shields. Then he reached out, wrapping the twins in a blanket of peace. "I was caught off-guard by the power of her pain."

"It seems that the Empress isn't wasting her time with Leia," Iella said. "If we're going to rescue her, we're going to need to move quickly. Otherwise, there might not be much of her left to rescue."

"I agree with moving quickly. But I'm afraid it isn't the Empress we need to worry about. It wasn't the Empress I sensed near Leia. It was Salina, and she seemed determined to break Leia's will to fight."

"Your daughter? Master Skywalker, how could she do that?"

"As she herself put it, she no longer recognizes herself as my daughter. The Empress has twisted her, remade her into something horrible. She has become a Sith, and sees only absolutes. If she thinks Leia is holding back secrets that could destroy the Empire, there is nothing she won't do."

"And she thinks?"

"She probably believes that there is a Rebel cell on Imperial Center," Luke said, looking over his shoulder at Iella. "Which, given the current situation, doesn't entirely surprise me."

'You're saying that it's because of me?"

"No," Luke said. "Salina would likely have drawn the conclusion from the fact that Leia allowed herself to be brought here. In Salina's mind, Leia wouldn't have come if she couldn't count on Rebel contacts to break her out, should the situation turn dire."

"I had no such orders, Master Skywalker. I was strictly providing information," Iella said. Then she realized that her actions had moved far beyond simple information gathering. Force take it, she'd helped break Aayla Secura out of prison. "Are you alright?" she asked as Luke leaned hard against the window.

"I'm fine," he said. "Another wave of pain from Leia."

"But your children?"

"I'm concentrating my efforts on keeping them from feeling whatever it is that Leia's going through," Luke said. "Unfortunately, it leaves my own defenses a little weak. I don't know what to think, but it almost reminds me of Vader's attempt to draw me to Bespin."

"One which worked quite well, if I recall," Iella said.

"I think Salina may be serving a double purpose. She's trying to draw information from Leia, while at the same time ensuring that any Jedi nearby feels Leia's pain. She's hoping someone will react rashly, and thus reveal himself."

"A rather cold way of thinking," Iella said.

"At least she didn't choose to try this on Mara," Luke said. He didn't want to admit that he feared for Mara's life, as long as she was in Salina's hands. "I don't have as strong a bond with Leia as I do with Mara. If Salina were torturing Mara, I'd likely be unable to block it."

"Then we must move before?Excuse me," Iella said as her comlink chirped. "It what?! No, I'll be there to receive them." She turned back to Luke. "You're not the only one receiving a jolt from your sister. A pair of Jedi I sent offplanet before you arrived just ordered the captain of the ship to turn around. They're coming back."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.