main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    nice post

2. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    i think that salina needs a chill pill really whats up with the torturing of family not cool...

3. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    It is sad to see Salina go down th dark path after having such good parents. I still remmber when she felt bad about using the sun crusher.

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Great posts! Salina doesn't think Luke will fall for the same trick of using someone else's pain in the Force?
    Can't wait to see how this turns out...

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Thanks!

PHGS: Salina does indeed need a chill pill. Perhaps Luke will administer it personally.

Ocelotl: Just as it was sad to Anakin fall to the Dark Side.

SithGirl: She probably figures that if it worked once, it will work again. Plus, she just wants information...

Okay, anybody wondering about Aayla and Tahiri??

Tahiri doubled over, feeling as though someone had stuck a knife in her belly. Aayla gave her a glance, but a master could not show such concern for a slave. "Your illness will not get you out of work, girl," she said, her voice cold. But through the Force, she urged Tahiri to hold together a little longer. The cabin Iella had secured for them wasn't much further, and once there, they could drop the charade.

"Not often we see an alien holding a human as a slave," one of the crewers said. "Especially not a Twi-lek female."

"Insult me again in that fashion, and I'll see that my brother hears of it. When he does, expect to find your entire family sold into slavery to pay for the offense," she said. Then she smiled, showing teeth. "Not that I think you'd last long in a mining pit."

"Um, forgive me, milady," the crewer said, moving away from Aayla as if she were Death incarnate. "I meant no insult."

"You would do well to think before you engage your vocal cords, the next time. Others may not be as forgiving as I am. Now get out of my sight."

"As you wish, milady," he said, nearly tripping over himself to get away.

"Come, Tai'hiri," Aayla said, using a slightly altered version of Tahiri's name. It was, Aayla had told her, as close to Tahiri's given name as she could get, and have it still sound like something a native of Ryloth might use. Aayla swept into the cabin, turning abruptly and hammering the button to close the door. If Tahiri had moved any slower, the door would have caught her ankle.

She looked to Aayla, and saw the older Jedi slump against the wall. "What was that?" she asked.

"A powerful ripple in the Force. I believe it originated with Leia Solo. That would explain why I felt it so acutely."

"Yet you showed no reaction at all."
    "A fully trained Jedi learns to mask emotion and feeling," Aayla said. "But that does not mean that Jedi are immune to another's pain. The stronger you are in the Force, the easier it is to feel the slightest ripple. It is probably that which the Jedi have to thank for Vader's ability to track us down. Now, how do you feel?"

"Like someone ripped out my insides, then stuffed them back in, but in the wrong places," Tahiri said. "Master Secura, we have to do something."

"What would you suggest, young Jedi? Would you have us rush back to Coruscant, and attempt to effect a rescue. Given all that Iella Antilles did to get you off the planet?"

"We can't simply abandon Princess Leia," Tahiri said. "If the Imps are torturing her, she might reveal the locations of what few bases the Alliance has left."

"Which could spell the end of the Alliance, and hope for the galaxy," Aayla said, sitting down near the window. She closed her eyes, reaching for the Force. The shadow of the Dark Side still clouded her ability to accurately predict the future, but she knew that the future, or at least a free one, depended on Leia Solo.

"Master?" Tahiri said, her voice hesitant.

"It's all right, Tahiri. I was simply trying to see where our path will take us."

"And?"

"Unfortunately, the Dark Side clouds my ability. Either that," she said with a dry smile, "or I'm simply very out of practice. But I do not see a path to restoring truth and justice without Leia Solo." She rose, and headed for the door. As she opened it, she turned to Tahiri. "You will remain here, you stupid nerf. It cost enough to purchase a spot on this voyage. I'll have your hide if it turns out you simply forgot where you'd put it." Then she closed the door in Tahiri's face, and the girl heard the lock activate from the other side.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. Mo

6. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    First reply! Yay!
    I like the Aalya- Tahiri scene. That is some great acting! Oh no... I hope they don't get into a trap...

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    great acting indeed

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    hmm light jedi, with some grey jedi es some dark jedi... i forsee... carnage?

PHGS Weyr

9. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Looks like a rescue... Hooray.

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    SithGirl: Yes, some pretty good role-playing on the part of Aayla and Tahiri. Whether they'll be able to avoid a trap remains to be seen.

Sil: Somehow, though, I don't think acting will be enough against Salina.

PHGS: Yes, I foresee some carnage indeed.

Ocelotl: Either that, or a trap.

Okay, here comes the next post.

The Imperial fleet jumped to hyperspace with the precision of trained crews, and there could be no doubt that they were primed for battle. Pilots were running final tests on their fighters even before the jump was made, though they knew that they'd likely not be the ones given the first blood in battle. But there was finally sign of movement, finally a chance for action. Few could rest, even fewer actually found themselves able to sleep. After all the inaction, they'd finally be given the chance to face the enemy.

"So what are they like?" one of the newest pilots asked Corran. He'd attracted something of a following from the few pilots that hadn't faced the Vong yet.

"They're humanoid, or at least they appear to be," he said. "If nothing else, they don't appear to be able to pull off maneuvers that a human couldn't."

"Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean they can't, Yzalli," Kasin Vorr said. Her contempt for Corran had eased during the respite on Hapes, had become a little less obvious. But he could tell that she still thought herself superior to him in just about every way. And spending time on a planet where the society is decidedly matriarchal hadn't helped, either.

"I didn't say they couldn't, Kasin," Corran replied. "I simply said they didn't appear able to." He turned back to the others. "I'd still warn you to watch for the unexpected."

"Which any half-trained pilot is capable of doing. Is there anything you have to add from your vast experience that can't be found in a trainer's handbook?"
    "How about this?" Corran asked. "They seem to be able to fly with greater coordination than even the best squads in the Empire. They may even be able to coordinate better than Jedi."

"Now you're stretching things."

"Go take a look at the holos that were made near Garqui. Then tell me if I'm exaggerating." Corran rose. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to try and catch some rack time. I'd suggest that everybody else do the same."

"You're actually going to be able to sleep before the battle that could determine the future?" Vorr said. "I'd rather spend it enjoying what might be my last free hours."

"Then do so. I'd prefer to be awake so that I have a chance of creating more free hours for myself."

++++++++++++

More with Zeth coming on Wednesday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    first yes!!! ooohhh carnage.... [face_dancing]

edit: (my boss came up to me half way through posting so i had to hastily close window)

Nice post by the way...

You tell them Corran... by the way i forget does Corran know he's force sensitve in this fic?

PHGS Weyr

12. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Well stated... I like the dialogue and comparisons to the Jedi... It should scare them...

13. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Nice. Some blood coming...
    Great job!

14. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: Yes, listen to Corran they should. He does know he's Force-sensative, by the way.

Ocelotl: Glad you liked the post. I don't know that it was intended to scare, but more to alert.

SithGirl: Oh, yesssssss.

It was taxing her tremendously, but Alourra was maintaining her hold on the troops of Zeth Durron's squad, and using the Force to give them just a little extra boost. After all, given the fight that she suspected was coming, it would do them little good to meet up with Xinos and the commandos if they were too exhausted to take the fight to the enemy. Of course, the question she'd managed to put aside was how much good she was going to be if she had too continue this much longer.

Zeth looked back over his shoulder at the Lethan Twi-lek. She seemed to be reaching the point of exhaustion, yet somehow she managed to keep going. Either her skills in the Force weren't as great as he'd been led to believe, or something hinky was going on. He stretched out with his limited abilities, and could almost sense the Imperial Jedi drawing on the Force. Trouble was, she seemed to be drawing on it far more than should be necessary to sustain herself. So where was all that power going?

He looked back to his troops, and noticed that none of them seemed to be lagging, even given the fact they'd been going almost nonstop since they'd made planetfall. Granted, there had been that brief lull between Tyria's departure and the arrival of the Jedi, but that shouldn't have been enough to completely make up for the number of days they'd been going without sleep. He could only guess that the Jedi was using the Force to boost his people's energy. He slowed, allowing her to catch up to him.

"You're not going to do us any good if you're too exhausted to fight," he said softly. "Besides, what sort of example would you be setting for your apprentice if you arrive, only to collapse of fatigue?"

"I swore an oath to defend the Empire by whatever means necessary, Colonel Durron," Alourra said. "It's an oath I take very seriously. If I can give your whole team enough energy to take the fight to the Vong, then my own fatigue will be well worth it."

"And what if the battle requires the abilities of a fully trained Imperial Knight?" Zeth said. "I certainly don't fit the bill, and your apprentice wouldn't be an apprentice if the Empress or Master Skywalker judged his training complete."

Alourra paused. The intelligence operative did have a point, though it was one she didn't want to grant him. "I'll limit how much I augment your team," she admitted. "But I'm not going to let any of them arrive at the field unprepared."

"I wouldn't expect anything else," Zeth said. "Now would you mind telling me how much further we have to go?"

"I don't think we have much further to go at all," Alourra said. She'd been sensing Xinos's presence for some time, and it had been steadily growing stronger. "In fact we should be hitting the outside of their perimeter just about?"

"Hands up," a voice came from the shadows created by an outcropping that stuck out like a force pike only a meter or so from the roof of the tunnel through which they were passing. A commando stepped out, his helmet in place so that he couldn't be immediately identified.

"Now," Alourra said with a smile, noting Zeth's momentary surprise. "And as you can see, Colonel, I'm nowhere near dropping dead of exhaustion."

"No, Master, but you probably should rest before we move on," Xinos said, hurrying towards Alourra. "Even I can feel your weariness."

"A few hours aren't going to change the course of battle," the trooper said, removing his helmet so that Alourra could see it was the squad commander, V'Noth.

"I'll be?fine," Alourra said. Then her eyes rolled up into her head, and she dropped like a sack of meat. Xinos came up with a tranquilizer gun.

"Sometimes she's too stubborn for her own good," the half-human, half-Falleen said with a shrug.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More to co

15. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh that was good... got to love the commando's

lol

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    that was funny... I would like to see them try the tranq dart when she isnt exhausted...

I keep thinking about the imperial jedi... I wonder if the empress has an order 67 hiding out there if Skywalker turns on her...

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: Glad you like the commandos. I'll be featuring them a bit more as their plotline begins to wrap up.

Ocelotl: Somehow, I don't think they'll be very lucky. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Empress doesn't have a backup plan. But couldn't she just re-issue Order 66???

Sil: Thanks!

Mara's eyes snapped open at the hiss of the door opening. She hadn't realized that there was anybody on the other side, which only served to confirm her thought that the Cell was likely surrounded by ysalamiri. It also meant that while any Jedi approaching the cell would likely be incapacitated for a moment, it meant that those holding her captive would always have the element of surprise. She rose from her crouch, realizing that this wasn't the time for an escape attempt.

Leia stumbled into the room, and probably would have collapsed if Mara hadn't caught her. She looked over Leia's shoulder, her green eyes locking on Salina's face. "What has the Empress done to you?" Mara asked.

"She's helped me see the truth, Mother," Salina said. "Your turn will come," she added, then turned, and sealed the door behind her, leaving Mara in the near-darkness of the cell. She's lost to me, Mara thought as she half-dragged Leia to one of the walls and lowered her sister-in-law to a seated position.

"She didn't want to know anything about Luke, or what we might have planned," Leia said softly, the words emerging hoarsely through dry lips. "She just kept asking about the Rebel bases."

"The locations of which you weren't about to give up," Mara said.

"I've seen what happens when the Empire gets what they want," Leia said with a sigh. "How long do you think it will be before somebody comes to check on us?"

"Depends on if the Empress wants us alive or dead. If she wants to make some kind of spectacle of us, they won't leave us for long. After all, if they're going to trot us out to show that the Rebels have been beaten, they'll want to ensure we'll survive to be humiliated for as long as possible."

"Then we don't have long," Leia said. "I think that we need to make whatever move we're going to make soon."

"Leia, you're in no condition to fight. You can barely even stand on your own."

"But I can still surprise them long enough for you to escape," Leia said. "Someone's got to get word to Luke."

"I'm not dragging him into this," Mara said, for the benefit of anybody listening. "It's bad enough you talked me into trying to help you. I'm not going to deprive Ben and Keridwen of the only person who cares about them. Or do you think I want Salina rearing them? Our best hope is to bide our time and hope your Rebel friends mount some kind of rescue."

"They're not going to blow their covers to rescue me," Leia said. "Assuming, of course, that there are any Rebels still on Imperial Center."

++++++++++++

More to come on Monday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    interesting update. These two'd better escape soon

20. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    hmmm curious what happened to Mara force or no force she should still be able to kick salina fom one end of the hall way to the other...

21. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Leia hearly blew the cover of some rebel spies...

22. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    Those ysalimiri will prove troublesome.
    *waiting for Leia and Mara to come up with some spectacular escape*

23. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Weyr: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side.

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Let's just say that a plan is already forming...

PHGS: Under normal circumstances, I'd agree 100%. But with the ysalamiri damening all Force generated abilties, anything Mara might try wouldn't reach Salina.

Ocelotl: Do you refer to Luke, or to Aayla and Tahiri???

SithGirl: Trust me, no cell invanted could hold those two for long.

MU: Powerful, the Dark Side is. But it's the ysalamiri Mara should worry about.

Okay, here's the next post, after a disatrous day at work.

The arrival of Karrde's people, not to mention Gavin and the Rogues, had made the odds only slightly less one-sided. And it didn't help that most of the newcomers had little or no experience dealing with the Yuuzhan Vong. "They're not going to behave the way that we expect, Gavin," Han said, throwing the Falcon into a looping dive that almost made hit stomach flip. "And I'd certainly suggest you avoid any of the glop they're firing. Tends to eat shields."

"Thanks for the warning, Han, but it's a little late. One of them nailed Eleven, and then another came through and blew her away." Gavin fired off a proton torpedo, which was quickly swallowed by a skip's void. "Anything these things don't eat?"

"If there is, we haven't found it," Karrde's voice came through. "Though too much laser fire does seem to give the voids a little indigestion."

"Only problem is that for every one we take out, three more seem ready to take its place," Kyle added.

"You fighters have it easy," Kam's voice came through from the Peregrine. "At least there are more of you. We can't find the time shoot, since all our time's spent trying not to get shot."

"Umm, Dad?" came a voice from one of the gun wells. "I'm getting cold."

"Then have Threepio throw you a blanket, sweetie," Han called back to his daughter.

"I think she means another kind of cold," Bail called back. "You know, like through the Force?"

"As in Dark Side cold?" Han asked, worried. The Yuuzhan Vong were supposed to be blanks when it came to the Force. "How can that be? I thought the Vong didn't register in the Force."

"It's not coming from the Vong," Bail said. "It's something else."

"Umm, Han?" Kam said. "I don't think the Vong are our biggest problem anymore." Han turned back to the viewport. Dropping out of hyperspace, more each second, was a fleet of Imperial ships. The biggest flicker caught Han's eye, and his stomach dropped as an eight kilometer long Super-class Destroyer dropped out of hyperspace.

"Guess we know where that cold feeling my kids were getting comes from. Would this be a bad time to say that I've got a really bad feeling about this?"

"I'd say the time's past," Kam said. "Now might be the time to cut and run." Then another voice broke over the comm.

"Attention Rebel ships. This is General Antar Roat of the Imperial Navy. Identify yourselves, or you will be fired upon."

"I'm surprised they haven't blasted us already," Han said. "Though I have to say, that sounded like Wedge."

[He was supposed to be with Iella on Imperial Center,] Chewie said.

"Apparently, things changed," Han said. "Kam, do we tell them who we are?"

"Why don't you try one of those fancy alternate IDs you're always boasting about. See what happens before we throw any real targets to them."

"All right," Han said, then got an idea. "Bail, get up here!"

"I'm a little busy, Dad," Bail called back.

"I'm giving you a direct order, mister!" Han roared, though he knew how he would have replied to such a tactic. "Now get your butt up here! I need you on the comm." It took a minute, but Bail entered the cockpit moments later. His face was a sooty mess.

"Sorry. Threepio seems to have tripped over some loose cabling, and vented some of the exhaust back into the ship," he said by way of explanation.

"One of these days, I'm going to bolt that droid to the deck," Han said. "Tell the Imps we're the Longshot."

++++++++++++

That's all for now, I

25. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    ha poor Wedge he's got a hard choice hear preseverving his cover.... or serving the alliance.... if makes the wrong choice i don't think the Empress will be letting Iella live....

However if Wedge can convince Ricar to join with the Rebels to defend against the Vong all should turn out Hunky Dory!

PHGS Weyr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.