main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    General Roat could get clobbered if the Rebels escape...

But the Imperial showing up will actually give them a chance at survival

2. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Finally got caught up. :D Two weeks of vacation away from internet access kinda put me behind on my reading. Anyway, interesting couple of updates, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the battle goes.

-dajohu

3. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: Perhaps we'll be looking at a "Truce at Bakura" typy deal here? After all, in this case, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" seems to apply.

Ocelotl: Yes, I'd say that the Imperials showing up does give the Rebels a better chance of survival.

dajohu: Glad you liked what you're seeing, and welcome back!

Salina knelt before the Empress. "Leia Solo refuses to give up the names of her co-conspirators," she said. "I will resume questioning her when she has had time to recover."

"Leia Solo is of little concern for the moment," Kanti said, not reacting an anger as Salina might have expected. "She needed to be taken out of play for the moment, in order to properly deal with the Yuuzhan Vong threat. There will be time to deal with her later, along with your traitorous mother."

"Yes, my Master," Salina said. She became aware that the Empress had risen from the throne, but she would remain on her knees until the Empress had given her permission to rise.

"Rise, Lady Nephiceli," Eclepsa said, and Salina did as requested. The Empress was standing before one of the broad screens that projected an image recorded from the pinnacle of the Imperial Palace. "When you look out, Lady Nephiceli, what do you see? Do you see the beings below, or are they little more than insects to you?"

"Impossible to tell, Master," Salina said. "I cannot judge them without seeing them for myself."

"An attitude instilled in you by your father, and one that you still must banish, if you are to ruly understand your destiny."

"Those below look to us for guidance, my apprentice. They lack the ability to see what they might become, the ability to take their destiny into their own hands. Oh, some might fight to establish a direction, but sooner or later, they begin looking for a cause. Whether it be in service to the established order, or to bring down those who rule, they look to be something other than what they are."

"While we see ourselves for what we are, allowing the Dark Side to strip away any façade."

"Indeed. You looked outside yourself, and saw what the galaxy could become. You stood upon a pinnacle, looking to yourself to decide the Balance. You didn't wait for guidance from the Force, or from an outside influence. You looked inside, and chose your destiny."

"You opened my eyes, Master, and allowed me to see."

Kanti smiled. She had chosen well, in bringing Skywalker to the Dark Side. Even now, Salina was opening herself to the path of a true Sith. "Can you bring yourself to sacrifice those who must be eliminated for the greater good, Salina? Can you kill without second thought, if it means that the future you see will be possible? Or will you allow your care for those who scurry beneath us like insects to color your actions?"

"I will do what I must, Master."

"Good. You will take the Sun Crusher, and deny the Yuuzhan Vong the slaves that they have gained by occupying the outer worlds of Hapes. When that is done, you will rendezvous with my son, and finish the job. You will end the Yuuzhan Vong threat, and with it, you will extinguish the final hopes of the Rebel Alliance."

"Yes, Master."

"Go, Lady Nephiceli. The future of the galaxy is in our hands. We must not allow ourselves to be distracted from our destiny."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. I hate to say it, but there's another Sithly post coming Friday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Hmm an influence of chosing flowers from weeds? but with a much less benevolent leader.... ouch

PHGS Weyr

5. dajohu

dajohu Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Is it a bad thing that I'm glad that a bunch of Hapans are gonna die? :D lol, I just hope those outer planets she's gonna kill don't include the area the battle is going on in. [face_worried]

-dajohu

6. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    another use of the suncrusher eh... I guess this means that Kanti hasnt caught onto the intentions of Luke yet.

A fine post; it captured the arrogance of the Sith. Perhaps that is part of their Hubris: overlooking the value of an individual.

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    interesting post.. Will Salina come out of this alive though?

8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    She will be alive in the sense that Mu Tryles is also alive (remember, Tych promised that she would join him), for more info on Mu Tryles, you know where to look hint hint.

9. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    This is getting more and more tense and ominous! Great job! For some reason I think Salina is digging her own grave...

10. Jedi_Rike

Jedi_Rike Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2006
    If I am remembering correctly, the only reason that Luke submitted to the Emperor in the first place was to protect Leia. Since it seems that Leia is now being tortured and will soon be executed, that strikes me as a violation of Luke's "Terms of Service" to the Empire. I hereby motion that in light of the clear violation of the contract in which Luke entered, in good faith, that he shall be immediately release from his current employment, free to then pursue any future employment that he so chooses.

Very truely yours,

Jedi_Rike
    Personal Attorney for Luke Skywalker

Oh, and I am finally back to the boards, so if I could be re-added to your PM list, that would rock. Keep the goodness that are your stories coming!!

11. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I await your Sithly post! [face_devil]

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PHGS: I would say that by this point, Kanti, and perhaps Salina, are about as far from benevolent as could be.

dajohu: I wouldn't say that it's a good thing! [face_laugh] And I have to say, I think Salina will do what she thinks necessary to achieve her Master's objective.

Ocelotl: Yup, there's another Sun Crusher use coming. As for this post showing the arrogance of the Sith, just wait until you see the next one!

Sil: Let's just say that if she does survive, it's going to require a lot of work on Mom and Dad's parts.

MU: I don;t know that I said she would. I think I said she might.

SithGirl: She's certainly not helping her cause at all!

Rike: Lovely oration on Luke's behalf. But when have the Sith ever listened to reason? And I'll be happy to re-add you to the list.

Okay, here comes the next post!

Kanti watched as her apprentice swept from the room. Salina was a good apprentice, and would do what Kanti had ordered without thinking twice about the lives that would be extinguished. To bring order requires a sacrifice, and if Salina succeeded in her task, the sacrifice would be twofold. Salina would sacrifice the last vestige of her light-side background, and the people on those conquered planets would see their lives offered up for the good of the Empire.

But at the end of that mission, Kanti would have to make a sacrifice of her own. Ricar was grown, ready to take his place as the rightful ruler. And Kanti would not have taken issue with that, having realized that she herself was dying, had Ricar gone about things in the proper manner. But rather than accepting that the throne would be his in time, he was seeking to eliminate Kanti before her time had reached its end.

A good Sith should always be plotting against the Master, her father had told her. He had encouraged her to plot against him, telling her that each time she failed, she would learn something for the next time. And so she had instructed Ricar. But this latest maneuver had been so obvious, so clumsy, that Kanti wondered whether he was worthy to ascend to the throne. She had told him Skywalker was valuable, hoping that when Ricar did make his move, it would be with the daughter of the Hands at his side.

Yet instead, he had chosen a weaker being, one whose abilities would never challenge his own. A Master must be challenged, or he will become complacent. In time, Salina would have felt the need to challenge Kanti, just as Vader had challenged her father, as Darth Bane had challenged the Sith of his day. Lumiya considered herself a Lady of the Sith, but she wasn't truly Sith. She was too weak to ever master the Dark Side, to weak to ever truly challenge Ricar.

Kanti realized that she would have to sacrifice her son, if Salina was to rule. Or she would have to sacrifice her belief in Salina, and allow Ricar to cut her down. Would Ricar, faced with that task, see what he had to become? Or would he allow the weakness that had drawn him to take Lumiya as his apprentice to continue to hold him back? Only time would tell, and the Dark Side, like the twisted power that it was, refused to allow Kanti to see what was to come.

A mother should never seek to kill her child, she thought. But a Sith should not let ties of blood, a simple connection like family obstruct the future that was to come. Salina had shown she could sacrifice her family to achieve peace. Would Ricar see this for the test it was, or would he be crushed by the apparent betrayal? Kanti couldn't allow doubt in, she had to push forward, knowing that she was doing what was necessary.

The Empire will survive. And one way or another, a Sith would sit on the throne. But it would be a Sith strong enough to hold the galaxy that would assume the throne, not one who might let the chaos that had plagued Kanti's reign continue.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More to come Monday, when we check in on Luke.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Jedi_Rike

Jan 22, 2006
    Why doesn't it suprise me that Kanti knows all about Lumiya?

I love the protrayal of the mind of a Sith. Never knowing if things are as they appear, are actually just a test, or are a sign of betrayal. Makes me glad that Sith must be stressing themselves to death in addition to having the Dark Side slowly corrupt their bodies into nothingness.

Well done and keep them coming.

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    i'm not surprised about Kanti's knowledge either

15. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    it must be sad for a sith trusting no one....

*feels sorry for Kanti*

*slaps self what am i thinking*

PHGS Weyr

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    It is a tragedy of the Sith... No trust... I guess the tragedy of Darth Plauguious isnt the true tragedy...

17. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Rike: Could it be that Kanti knows how her son thinks? And it's quite amusing to write the Sith stressing themselves.

Sil: Glad you liked that peek into Kanti's head.

PHGS: It's not bad to feel sorry for the Sith, as long as you don't let it get in the way of supporting the heroes.

Ocelotl: The true tragedy is indeed that they can't trust anybody.

Okay, here comes the next post!

"I know I'd certainly hoped never to find the hole where the Empress dropped the prisoners she couldn't afford to give a public trial to," Iella said, as Luke helped her out of the speeder.

"You're the one with the grand plan to get Leia and Mara out," Luke replied. "When I came to you for help, marching into the detention center wasn't what I had in mind." Iella looked over he shoulder at him, and saw that he had this weird little grin on his face.

"What's so funny?" she asked, obviously not seeing the joke.

"Sorry," Luke said, schooling his face back to impassivity. "It's just that when Han and I boarded the first Death Star, and I suggested we go after Leia, Han used that very line to me."

"And now you find yourself again going after Leia," Iella said. "Funny how history has a way of repeating itself."

"I suppose the old adage about those who forget their history being doomed to repeat it actually is true," Luke said. "But we'd better get moving. Otherwise, someone's going to realize we're taking too long, and move in." He gave Iella a push behind her shoulder. "Move it, Rebel scum." They approached the Imperial Palace, but this wasn't anywhere near the levels Iella had been on before. This was far above, far closer to the pinnacle where the private chambers of the Empress lay.

"I'm moving, Impscum," Iella said, stepping forward. The two continued without words, but as they approached the lift tube, a pair of stormtroopers stepped into view.

"Jedi Skywalker," one of them said. "Where are you taking this prisoner?"

"Down to the interrogation cells," Luke said. "Caught her sniffing around, and thought she might be trying to spring the Princess. Seeing as Leia Solo's still confined down there, I thought a little reunion might prove?illuminating."

"The Empress has issued strict orders that nobody is to approach the cells," the second trooper said. "I'm afraid that includes you, Jedi Skywalker."

"Look," Luke said. "I've got my orders from the Empress. I can leave this Rebel in your custody, and go get the Empress, but then you're likely going to be looking at 'fresher duty for the rest of your careers. So please, make the intelligent decision here." Luke sighed, realizing that they weren't going to do as he asked. So instead, he reached for the Force. "I can take the prisoner down," he said.

"You can take the prisoner down," the troopers repeated almost in unison.

"There won't be any problems."

"There won't be any problems."

"Thanks," Luke said, pushing Iella into the lift ahead of him. "I really didn't want to do that."

"I wish you'd been more willing," Iella said, holding up her manacled wrists. "Would have made this whole charade unnecessary."

"I'm just lucky that it was regular stormtroopers on duty. If we'd caught a pair of Guardsmen, I doubt that little mind trick would have worked."

"So, I'm a little hesitant to ask, but do you have a plan for getting out? One that doesn't involve a trip through the Palace's garbage pits?" she added with a smile.

"You know, that's one you'll have to take up with Leia. She's the one who led us into the garbage compacter during that rescue attempt."

"Perhaps it's a good thing she did. Who knows if you would have survived any further passage through the corridors of the Death Star." The lift slowed, and the door opened onto a lobby area, painted a flat gray. "No need for aesthetics here," Iella mumbled. She stepped out looking around. "No guard?"

"No need for one," Luke said. "See those creatures along the walls? They're capable of blocking the For

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    C'mon Luke get 'em both free

19. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    its a** kicking time!!!!

go on Luke go get em....

PHGS Weyr

20. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    Smells like a trap... I think Kanti sent her new apprentice away so she wouldnt have to choose to fight her Father...

21. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    I like Luke and Iella here, but it can't be that easy, they are bound to end in a snag. Some wonderful posts lately!!!! =D=

22. Jedi_Rike

Jan 22, 2006
    [Ackbar]IT'S A TRAP!! [/Ackbar]

Crossing my fingers that Luke gets to demostrate his skill with a lightsaber.

23. wildkarrrde

wildkarrrde Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2007
    I love this fic. I really do. But Luke is such a Wus in this!!

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: It's going to happen, believe me.

PHGS: Not quite yet, but it's coming.

Ocelotl: She may have foreseen a conflict that could bring Salina back, especially given that this time, she won't have the twins to hide behind.

obiwan: There will be a snag, and it's spelled K-a-n-t-i.

Rike: See Luke with a blade you will.

wildkarrde: Luke's reacting to the situation. But trust me, there's going to come a time soon when the gloves come off.

Okay, here comes the next post.

Alora's eyelids fluttered, her vision momentarily hazy as she settled back into the world of the living. She sat up, and looked around, finding herself in a small cavern that had, apparently, been rooted out from one of the main paths. Not for the first time, she wondered how in the Sith this planet had come to be so honeycombed. She rose slowly, the effects of whatever had been done to her still lingering a bit. She smoothed her clothes, then stepped out.

"Good to see you up and about, Master," Xinos said, his voice just a little too cheerful. "We've just about finished planning our?aagh!" His words were cut off as Alora seized him about the throat in a strong Force grip.

"Try that again, and you'll never reach knighthood,' she said softly. "Do I make myself clear?" She loosened her grip just enough that he could speak, but if he gave the wrong answer, she could still easily snap his neck.

"Perfectly clear, Master," Xinos said. He heaved in a lungful of air as she released him. "But really, your behavior yesterday wasn't rational. I mean, you were just about walked off your feet, and you wanted to push on."

"With the Force as my ally, what use is a little physical discomfort?" Alora asked. "Or do you underestimate the power we wield?"

"I don't underestimate the Force, Master," Xinos said. "But even the Force needs something to work with."

"You're implying that I don't know my own limits," Alora replied. "It seems you've grown impertinent since I left. Something I'll have to correct on our journey back to Imperial Center."

"Not impertinence, Master, but a growing understanding of the Force. Besides, doesn't Master Skywalker encourage students to challenge what they're taught? Didn't Master Jade Skywalker tell us that to blindly follow centuries of ritual makes us predictable?"

"I doubt the Masters Skywalker would encourage students to attack their Masters," Alora replied. "That way lies madness."

"Perhaps," Xinos said. "But we wouldn't be having this conversation if I hadn't taken action. Now do you want to see the plans we've come up with, or do you want to continue this argument?"

"We're here to liberate a planet. We can deal with your sudden questions once Chandrila is back in Imperial hands and this Yuuzhan Vong menace has been eliminated. But," she said, wagging one index finger towards him, "don't think that this conversation is over by any means. There will be consequences for you to face."

"I don't doubt it, Master," Xinos said. "But I did what the Force seemed to be telling me to do. There can't be anything totally wrong with that."

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More will be coming Friday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

25. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Hmmm, lots of dissent and trechery in that one.[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.