main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Imperial Destiny (COMPLETED 8/24)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: You'll learn Salina's fate tonight.

motoish: Even if Leia drew Kanti's attention, it was Luke who delivered the final blow.

Okay, here comes tonight's post.

Scarlet blade crashed against scarlet blade, Ricar matching every stroke of Salina's with one of his own. "I would have expected that my mother would have trained you better. She taught me these forms when I was still a child."

His words drove any thought of caution from Salina. He might be the heir to the Imperial throne, but right now, he was standing between her and the success of her mission. The Empress had authorized her to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong elsewhere, but if Ricar wasn't made to see sense soon, she was going to have to do the same thing here. Heir or no heir, the system would die, and Salina would have to admit that she had failed in her mission.

She launched into a series of attacks, probing Ricar's defense. She had to admit that he was skilled. She'd only seen defenses like these from three people in her life. The most recent was her master, the Empress, while the other two now meant little or nothing to her. But feelings or not, her parents were indeed skilled with the lightsaber.

"Very good, young Skywalker," Ricar said, stepping back. "My mother indeed chose wisely when she selected you as a test for me." His eyes glittered. "Out of respect for your skills, I shall give you one last chance to live. Give your loyalty to me, and accept me as your master."

"I bow before one, and one alone," Salina said. "It's not you." She leapt at Ricar, her blade slashing for his knees. He leapt, but Salina had expected that. She threw the lightsaber forward, then launched herself into the air on a cushion of Force energy. Her elbow shot out, and connected with Ricar's cheek. She heard a satisfying crack, and caught the grimace of pain from Ricar. Not as tough as you'd like me to believe, she thought.

"You'll pay for that, Skywalker," Ricar said, flexing the muscles of his jaw. She reached out with the Force, and felt him drawing on the Force. He was using the pain to fuel his anger, and from there, drawing on the power of the Dark Side. She called her saber back to her hand, but couldn't get the blade up before he stretched out one hand, unleashing a blast of violet-white lightning. The blast hit Salina full in the chest, and she flew backward, slamming into the deck.

"You could have joined me, ruled by my side,' Ricar said, advancing and unleashing another volley of lightning, pinning his apprentice to the deck. His lightsaber was in his left hand. "I could finish you here, now," Ricar said. "But I think I'd rather see what happens when my mother realizes that I've defeated her assassin."

"I'll?never?submit," Salina spat, tasting blood in her mouth and realizing she'd bitten down on her tongue. It was only then that she realized she would never defeat Ricar by using the Dark Side. He'd had the same instructor in its ways, and far more experience than she. So why had she come in here planning to fight him with something he clearly knew so well? It was the height of arrogance, Salina realized. She'd wanted to prove herself better than the heir, and she'd allowed her vision to be narrowed. I've put blinders on myself, she realized.

So Salina decided to abandon her strategy of using the Dark Side. But with her body being shocked by the Force lighting Ricar was continuing to shoot her way, she had precious little time. He planned to defeat her, and then present her to the Empress. But how? As a corpse? A slave? Or did he plan to freeze her in carbonite as Darth Vader had once intended to do to Salina's own father?

Salina realized that whatever happened, she needed to go down fighting. So this time, when she reached for the Force, it wasn't for the Dark Side, but for the Light. It was Salina, not Darth Nephiceli. The light was something Ricar couldn't understand, and therefore, the greatest weapon Salina possessed. And when she reached for the Light, she fe

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    there goes two sith apprentices, and somehow Salina reminds me of Starscream from Armada, and I don't even watch that show lol

3. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I really liked the sneaky move that Salina used in defeating Ricar. It was nice to see her come back too. Only two posts?

4. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Yup, two more Sith bite the dust.

Ocelotl: Glad you liked that sneaky little maneuver. Yes, there are only two posts to come.

Okay, tonight brings the penultimate post of Imperial Destiny.

Wedge Antilles struggled to his feet, and looked through the forward viewport. It was amazing, he thought as he made his way along the command walkway, that the transparisteel holding the vacuum of space at bay hadn't shattered. Beyond the viewport lay the shattered and splintered remains of his command, and beyond that, the bulk of the Yuuzhan Vong worldship. In fact, the collision had made it difficult to tell where one ship ended and the other began.

"Status report," Wedge said, his voice nearly drowned out by the cacophony of alarms that had begun sounding when the Executor II slammed headlong into the enemy flagship. "And somebody shut off those damned sirens."

"The bow is gone, General. If we try to move, we're likely to cause further structural damage to what remains of the ship," one officer called.

"Any sign that we have intruders aboard?" Wedge asked. Having given the order to ram the Yuuzhan Vong creature, Wedge now considered that it might have allowed the enemy the chance to take control of an Imperial vessel.

"No sign yet. But enough sections are out of contact that it is impossible to tell whether it's due to comm failure as a result of the collision, or enemy action."

"Do we have ship-to-ship communication?" Wedge asked. "Now that their greatest asset is out of the game, I'd like to give our scarred friends out there a chance to surrender."

"That's not going to happen, General," Asajj Ventress said. Black blood ran down the side of her pale face, but that didn't mean that the Imperial Jedi didn't pose a threat. "They would more likely commit suicide than surrender."

"I still believe that they should be given the opportunity," Wedge said.

"General!" the call came from the officer near the communications console. "We have an incoming message from Imperial Center!" Great, Wedge thought. First the Imperial Heir keeps me from taking action, and now the Empress herself wants to interfere.

"I'll take it in my office," Wedge said. "And route all the damage control reports there as well. The sooner I know how badly we're damaged, the sooner I can figure out what role we still can play in the outcome of this war." He turned, and made his way from the bridge. The door closed behind him, and for a moment, Wedge just leaned against it. He heaved a sigh, wondering how much longer he could keep the charade going.

He moved around the desk, and seated himself before the holopod terminal. It wasn't a surprise that the message was coming through now, not with the Star Destroyer's shields down. More than likely the shield generators had been destroyed by Wedge's insane action.

He flipped a switch, and the pod came to life. But rather than the Empress? "Leia?" Wedge asked. "What are you doing on Imperial Center?"

"I don't have time to fully explain," Leia said. "Suffice it to say that Luke finally came around."

"Then the Empress is??"

"She's dead, Wedge. It looks like we may finally have the opportunity to put right what Palpatine destroyed. But now isn't the time for change."

"Then you'll be taking the throne?" Wedge asked.

"I've no intention of naming myself Empress," Leia said. "If it comes to claiming titles, I'll call myself the Imperial Regent. I still believe that we can bring democracy back, but it's going to take time. I need to know how the battle out in the Consortium's going."

"Let's just say I've taken out the two largest players. It's probably going to be mostly mopping up from here."

"Good. When you've finished, I want you to bring the fleet back to Coruscant. We should probably let the Hapans finish settling their own affairs."

"I agree, Leia. We've stuck our nose far too deep into their business already."

"Very well. I have other commanders to contact. I'll expect a re

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    so when Luke saw his vision it was more abou tSalina not being there

and Leia as a monarch is unusual

6. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    I thought Roat er um Wedge was doomed. He has a Jedi on board. He will have to keep his cover. Regent... has a nice ring without sounding overbearing...

7. motoish

motoish Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    You didnt have to kill her dude...

Would the Skywalkers have felt her death?

8. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Yup, he was already getting hints of Salina's death, even before she'd gone to the Dark Side. As for Leia reigning, who else could bring the two halves of the galaxy together?

Ocelotl: While Wedge's position has always been dicey, he's always acted on behalf of the Empire, even while he was working for the Alliance. That's perhaps why no Jedi ever guessed his true intentions. Asajj may have come closer than anybody, however... Glad you liked the ring of Regent Leia Organa Solo.

motoish: I realize I didn't have to kill her, but I felt it somehow brought everything full circle. Salina had to sacrifice herself to turn back, just as Vader did. I can't believe the Skywalkers wouldn't have felt her death.

Okay, here comes the Epilogue, which should tie up any remaining loose ends.

Epilogue

With the downfall of the Sith Order and the deaths of Kanti and Ricar Palpatine, Leia Organa Solo stepped in as Galactic Regent to fill the power vacuum. Within two years, she had done much to restore some form of democracy, in addition to overseeing the exodus of the Yuuzhan Vong from the galaxy. But suggesting that she step out of power proved too much, and the galaxy elected her the first Queen of the Empire. She would serve one four year term as Queen before stepping aside. Han Solo endured public life before retreating once Leia stepped aside. Bail followed in his mother's footsteps, while his sister, Kalendra, became a Jedi Master and Council member.

The death of Salina proved almost too much for Luke and Mara Skywalker. Mara retreated from private life, settling on Naboo. Luke remained the Grand Master of the Jedi Order until his sister stepped down, then joined his wife in seclusion on Naboo. He finally returned to public life some years later, running for and being elected Governor of Theed.

With the fall of the Empire, and no further need for the charade, Wedge and Iella Antilles retired to Corellia. Wedge would go on to pen his own story of the events leading to the Empire's downfall, and became a frequent guest instructor at various military academies across the galaxy.

Upon the retirement of Luke Skywalker, Kam Solusar became the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. With the aid of Kyp Durron, Kam managed to create an Order that would stand the test of time.

Melandra Norema succeeded Leia Organa as Queen of the Empire, overseeing the remaining conversion from democratic monarchy to a full democratic republic. She served for eight years before stepping aside, giving way to her Minister of State, Bail Solo, who was elected the first President of the Republic.. She then settled on Coruscant, in order to remain close to her husband, Jedi Master and Council member Zekk, who took on her surname as his own.

With the Sith destroyed, Aayla Secura joined the Jedi Order as an instructor, but repeatedly refused to be named a Master. Her apprentice, Tahiri Veila, would join the list of Jedi elite.

And with that, this tale comes to an end. Two years, six months, and one day after its first post, Imperial Destiny is complete. Hope you enjoyed it, and thanks to those who hung on for the entire ride. Hope it's been worth it.

May the Force be with you...always.

Tych_sel

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    and so it's over... wow

10. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    It's over??? So fast??
    I guess it was right. At least Salina and Ricar killed each other, but still...:_|. And Leia as the Imperial Regent? Great ending! I liked your epilogue and how you drew the whole story to a close. So many different elements! Great job!

11. Ocelotl_Nesto

Oct 29, 2004
    That was a whirlwind of a ride! Thanks for the epilogue and great story. It ranks among my favorites.

12. JEDIMULLIGAN

JEDIMULLIGAN Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    I hope that the first thing Leia does is end slavery. The justification for legalizing slavery that enslaving other beings has occured throughout history is inevitable is typical Sith "logic". By that reasoning they shouldn't have any laws at all since people keep breaking them and they should just disband the Empire since the rebels keep rebelling.

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sil: Yes, it is indeed over.

SithGirl: Glad you liked the epilogue. It was, in my opinion, the only way to really draw all the elements together.

Ocelotl: Thank you for sticking around for the whole ride. Glad you enjoyed it.

MULLIGAN: I don't think Leia would have allowed slavery to continue. In all liklihood, that was probably one of the first institutions she eliminated.

Once again, thanks to everybody for reading.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    hey tych are you posting a sequel or infinities to Queen's Gamble?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.