main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imperial Force-users

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Theron, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Is there any? besides any of the former Hands of course. And why aren't the Vong going after Imperial affiliated force-users, there has to be some force-users in the Remnant.

Also, I've always wondered if there was a Hutt Jedi.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    One of Pellaeon's advisors in Dark Tide is Force-sensitive. I believe her name is Miat Temm.

And there was a Hutt Jedi--Beldorion. He was featured in Planet Of Twilight, a book that you should read at your own risk. ;)

3. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    High Inquisitor Treymane??

Isn't he an Imperial Force user?

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Marek Stele is another Force user.

He's an ace Imperial fighter pilot and a former Emperor's Hand

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    The Imperial Guard (Crimson Guard) were all at one time potential force users - Palpy just didn't train them as Jedi, so that he could stay on top and not have to worry about being overthrown by them. Besides, he already had Darth as his force-user hanchdude, so he didn't bother, and just made them his well-trained bodyguards. You'll notice if you read Crimson Empire that Carnor Jax has taken up use of his Force powers.

Aside from that, there were Lord Jarec and his henchmen. Jarec, methinks, was an old-time Dark Jedi who Palpatine subjugated. After Palpy passed away, Jarec trained his own Dark Jedi apprentices and used one of the Imperial Fleets to try and challenge the NR... but that's a different story.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Marek Stele is another Force user.

He's an ace Imperial fighter pilot and a former Emperor's Hand

He was an Emperor's Hand? I guess Palpatine's tastes are, um, well, yeah. :D

7. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "The Imperial Guard (Crimson Guard) "

They were not all Force sensitive.Only a select few were.

8. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    Thanks for the warning Bib, but I've already been warned and avoided that book like a plague. ;)

The only Imperial force-users I knew about was Maarek Stele from that Star Wars Gamer magazine, although I knew about him reading the guide book for the game TIE Fighter. I didn't know they would turn him into a Force using TIE Pilot and an Emperor's Hand at that.

9. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    They weren't all? Ah, crap. I can never be right, can I?

10. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Marek Stele is listed as currently active under Pellaeon's Remnant. I wonder if Miat Temm was trained by him??? Just something to think about.

11. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    I think the Imperial Sovereign Protectors Royal Guards were the force-users.

12. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Didn't I just SAY that?!

13. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    No,some of the Red Robed Royal Guard were indeed Force users.SOME.

The Sovereign Protectors were all Dark Side Force users,alot better then the Force using aspect of the Royal Guard but not quite at a Dark Jedi or Dark Side Adept level. :)

14. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Oooh... where does it say that? I'm intrigued. And very wrong about a lot of stuff. Teach me, Matt-sempai!

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Jerec was actually a Powerful Jedi Master. Tremayne seduced him over to the darkside, and convinced him to ally under palpatine.

Bib, just because some of the hands were males doesn't mean that palpatine slept with all his hands.

16. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Palpy... and Mara... AAAAAAGH!!! MY BRAIN IS MELTING!!! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

P.S. There is nothing wrong with being gay. I'm not, but I'd like to think of myself as tolerant towards all kinds. Though, the idea of Palpy being... uh... not straight... heh... heh... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THAT'S FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!!!

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    The Dark Side source book.Good little gem. :D

Royal Guards that showed sensitivity were taken to train on the remote world of Yinchorr.Yinchorr is a harsh desert world.

The Guards were trained to use the Force to help them in combat and to sustain the Emperor should he ever be mortally wounded.

Those Guards that showed real talent were taught more advanced tricls.They were turned to the Dark Side and promoted to the rank of Sovereign protector.

18. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Aaah. So dudes like Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax were the the elite of the elite, then. The other guardsmen were just well-trained dudes, not potential Force-users. I guess that's why they use different weapons and wear slightly different armor.

19. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Thanks a million, Matt, I'll go on Amazon and buy that book right now. ;)

20. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    Okay I looked at the Darkside Source book and it says (for the Imperial Sovereign Protector) "While the Royal Guard was trained in rudimentary Force techniques, the Imperial Sovereign Protectors were trained in the use of the dark side of the Force.

As for the Royal Guard it says:
    "Those members of the Imperial Stormtroopers who showed particular expertise were recruited into the Imperial Royal Guard? But each was also tested for Force potential, and those who displayed an aptitude for wielding the Force were singled out for special training? Their primary duty was to protect the Emperor?failing that, they were trained in Force techniques that could sustain the Emperor until help arrived."

21. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    All of them?

22. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    I have the book right in front of me, and it sounds like all of them. The Emperor tested their combat ability then tested to see if they were force-sensative and those that were trained to become Royal Guards. That's what it sounds like to me but I could be wrong.

And Jerec is pretty interesting reading about him in this book.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    And one of the more interesting things about the Royal Guard is that they must fight one of their own to the death in order to complete their training. Very brutal.

24. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    I agree Bib. And they have to fight their closest companions, otherwise putting it the way the book says "they were useless to him"

25. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "Aaah. So dudes like Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax were the the elite of the elite, then. The other guardsmen were just well-trained dudes, not potential Force-users. I guess that's why they use different weapons and wear slightly different armor. "

Yep.I'm sure there were other force sensitive Royal Guards.Just not all of were.Thats what I get out of it.

And Carnor Jax was promoted to the rank of Sovereign protector according to Gamer 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.