main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imperial Force-users

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Theron, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Is tha why he wore black armor?

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    No,his suit was a custom job.Sovereign Protector armor doesn't even look like that.It's more medievel like.

3. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    I've gotta get these books!!!!!!!

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    carnor jax's custom armor was special because every sith have there own special uniforms, ;)(He is sith now according to the EU).

5. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Jax? Sith? When was tha said? I mean, who would have trained him in the sith ways?

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Lady Lumiya, see gamer 5.

7. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Ah. I've really gotta do more reading.

8. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Valiento is correct.

Jax was a Sith trained by Lumiya.

9. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    You really got to check out Star Wars Gamer 5. I think it one of the best issues, not to add to the fact it also talks about the Chiss species.

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    OK... maybe we should start a list ;)

• The Imperial Inquisition: the higher ranks of the Imperial Inquisition seem to have been dominated by Dark Jedi, including High Inquisitor Tremayne, Adalric Brandl, Vialco, and perhaps several others.

• The Imperial Royal Guard: all, probably, Force-sensitive... but most of them, clearly, were simply trained in certain limited techniques...

• The Emperor's Hands: Roganda Ismaren, Lumiya, Maarek Stele, and others, as well as Mara Jade

• The Dark Empire Dark Jedi: Executor Sedriss and a lot of others with unpronouncable names... the DESB refers to them, slightly ambiguously as "the Emperor's hands"...

• Jerec and his adepts: it's not clear where this lot fit into the scheme of things, but if it was Tremayne who turned Jerec to the Dark Side, then Jerec should maybe be regarded as an officer of the Inquisition - maybe even Tremayne's successor

• The Sith: Lumiya and Carnor Jax seem to have, at the very least, postured as Sith, and there's the issue of Flint as well

• Miscellaneous others: The original Guardian on Wayland, perhaps Joruus C'baoth...

So in other words, there were at least three organized groups of Imperial Force-adepts: the Imperial Royal Guard, the Imperial Inquisition, and the Emperor's Hands (who may have been part of a larger organisation called the Secret Order)... there may have been other Imperial "Dark Jedi" or Force-adepts, and it is possible that Lumiya, Flint, and Carnor Jax could be regarded as Sith...

All in all, there were probably a few hundred Imperial Force-adepts, perhaps several thousand, but most of them lacked the skill of a Jedi, and moreover, many of the most powerful of them were literally slaves to the Emperor's will...

- The Imperial Ewok

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Black Hole-former intellegence supervisor befor Mr.Isard.

12. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It says in Gamer that Carnor Jax was assigned to a special Stormtrooper group onboard the Singularity which was BTW Black Hole's personal Imperial Star Destroyer and Flagship, so black hole trained him for along time and then after he got too old or died Lumiya took Jax and advanced his training.

One odd thing about the Royal Guards and Imperial Sovereign Protector's is that the sovereign protectors were slightly less powerfull fighters than the royal guards because their stats are lower, but they are better at everything else.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Jerec is not part of the inquisition, he has the same job he had before he went to the darkside, Jedi Archeologist. That is his main job, that, and controling part of the fleet.

14. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    Black Hole was originally a member of the Prophets of the Dark Side, until his fellow compatriots were jealous of him. He was moved to Intelligence by the Emperor.

By the way whatever happened to the Prophets of the Dark Side, are they the same guys in the Secret Order?

I still want to know if you think the Vong will go after any of the living Imperial force-users. Or are they strictly after the Jedi.

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!

sorry, had to say it :)

16. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Reaper, my man, you watch too much Monty Ptython.

17. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    nah, nowhere near enough :)

18. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    Not to mention Hethrir, as well as the Imperial officer from Courtship of Princess Leia who told Zinj(sp?) that Dathomir was going to be infiltrated.

19. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Valiento, you're right, there's nothing that says Jerec is a High Inquisitor, but Thrawn McEwok has a point - Jerec's actions in-and-of-themselves bear similarities to the functions of the High Inquisitors - including (i) finding Force-sensitive individuals and turning them to the Dark Side, (i.e., his Warlord Cabal), (ii) killing Jedi (i.e., Rahn, and arguably another aspect of his archeologist role), and (iii) interrogating Jedi, (i.e., Rahn, and arguably another aspect of his archeologist role).

Jerec might not be an Inquisitor, but there's enough surface level details to make the argument otherwise. Just more food for thought.

However, it does look as if Wizards of the Coast is taking Jerec away from an Inquisitor direction.

Jerec's an intriguing character, so I'm hoping at least one of the licensees revisits him in the future. I'd love to see Jerec flushed out some more.

20. Theron

Oct 23, 2000
    Have you read the Dark Side Source book, it's pretty interesting concerning Jerec's background. I would consider him probably an agent for the Inquisitors but his job is to search out artifacts concerning Jedi's and Siths.

Plus I would like to know how he was able to be turned in the first place. It couldn't have been the job the Jedi assigned him, because the Emperor made him do the same thing. So I'm intrigued in finding out what made Jerec turn to the dark side.

21. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Tremayne.

22. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Jerec may indeed have been an Inquisitor at one point in time. Nothing printed so far contradicts this. According to the Dark Side Sourcebook,"Imperial inquisitors only exist in the latter part of the Rise of the Empire era and throughout the Rebellion Era (p.31)." Howerver, "as the targets [Jedi] became fewer and fewer, inquisitors drifted into other roles in the Empire, or disapeared altogether (p.29)."

Naturally, any remaining Jedi would be a great threat to Palpatine. Destroying or turning them would be Phis top priority. Sure enough, "Jerec immediately offered his services to the Emperor, explaining he knew of a handfull of other Jedi students...Jerec sought them out and turned them to the dark side, then with their aid gathered a few more Force-users (p.102)." That's exactly the role of an Imperial Inquisitor. Exactly.

After this, "the Emperor charged Jerec with a task similar to the one the Jedi Council assigned him (p.102)," namely, locating artifacts.

So, after Jerec did the work of an Inquisitor, Palpatine found a new task for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.