main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Imperial Handbook - A Commander's Guide

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King of Alsakan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Dreossk

Dreossk Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2008
    At this rate it will come in 2018.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That would be nice. We haven't had a treatment like that since the Imperial Sourcebook. Ideally, we'd get an updated version of that: similar organization but more elaboration since this would be more dedicated. Even the Imperial Sourcebook spent the bulk of its time on military matters...

Information about: the Imperial Senate (whether or not there were still chancellors, how it operated, etc), the Imperial Court and the Imperial advisors which make it up (which we know from WEG's SWAJ and sourcebooks was the body that actually ruled the Empire), COMPNOR and ISB (which would be a great chance to tie in with Rebels), Imperial Intelligence (treated as a military branch in the Imperial Sourcebook, but not anywhere else), the Colonial Administration/mofference (an opportunity to note that during the reign of the Emperor, moffs were merely administrators and not the political rulers of the Empire), the Inquisitorius, etc. would all be welcome.

There's so much to cover and so much that deserves a fresh look aside from the boring old military.

Valin__Kenobi, Vthuil and purplerain like this.
  3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    "Greejatus is a family friend of Palpatine" would make me squee.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Or perhaps even an Essential Guide to the Empire.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Isn't that sort of what we get in DP?

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I imagine it has to be a foregone conclusion at this point. (A fringer's guide can't be far behind either)

7. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Exactly. I love connections between different eras of galactic history and anything that references the Plagueis novel.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    "The Rebel Manifesto, complete with an authentic fried calamari"

9. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Obligatory.

10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Given how messed up the early rebellion is, and the new Rebels series, I can't see a Rebel One done anytime soon. Unless they actually address the problem with a comment about how different worlds and historians have put forth their own histories of the Rebellion, often contradictory.

11. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Now we need "Rebel Handbook - A Rebel Scum Guide"
    Includes a lock of Luke Skywalkers hair
    The Robe of Old Ben
    And a Chunk of Alderaan

This looks cool though, still need to get bounty hunters code.

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Chunk of Alderaan would be awesome. And a Kalidor Crescent.

13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Since the Rogues Gallery feature in Insider has given us some pretty dumb, logic-defying retcons before, I was worried that tall hat and stern face would be retconned into being Ars Dangor and Sate Pestage at some point. But a recent card established that all six of the ROTJ advisors died on the Death Star. Booyah!

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, they did the Jedi Path without addressing the Chosen One Prophecy. Just have the section on the founding of the Rebellion conveniently filled with carbon scoring from Imperial blaster shots :p

15. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    With the words, "Lothal", "Mothma", and "Organa" barely visible.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Incidentally I was asking about it in 2010 :p

17. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    This came as surprise today. A very welcome one at that.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, so far they've had the Jedi one, the Sith one, a Boba Fett/Bounty Hunter one and now this, I believe? Unless I missed one? Never bothered with the Boba Fett one, waiting for the cheaper version of that. I did pick up the Jedi and Sith ones, partially for the lights and partially for the lore.

I hope Han gets to write notes, him being valedictorian then ending up smuggler then Rebel should give him a nice perspective on all this. Now just have to hope for a Rebel version of one- maybe a manifesto or collection or inspirational texts or something. It doesn't have to be one unified work, the Jedi Path was a handbook but the Sith one was Palpatine just throwing together a few darksider texts. Hm, anyone know how the Boba Fett one, was? Not sure I heard that much comments about it, and I'm never getting the deluxe version of that, although I'm somewhat tempted by the Imperial one, depending on how well written it is.

19. Dreossk

Dreossk Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2008
    The Bounty Hunter Code is ok but of course its existence is unbelievable like the other ones. The descriptions and situation are too precise and the in-universe authors of the different sections are mostly completely ********. It's impossible to print that in a manual that is distributed galaxy-wide to thousands of people. Also, it seems everyone has a mandalorian armor in their wardrobe, they even have a section about that lol. They also stay stuff about how the guild works and there's a section about the Deathwatch. The comments are the most stupid of all three books and I can't wait to see how they will beat that with the Imperial book. Looks like you don't want to get the deluxe version so you won't miss the ridiculous collection of papers that came with the book like the famous helmeted Boba Fett driving permit (wtf?) but there was still some cool stuff like a not-so-poorly-made kamino saberdart and a "wanted" poster with Han Solo. In short, the book is essential for any Star Wars collection :)

Todd EDIT: Can't use that word.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only deluxe edition I've sprung for so far is Bounty Hunter Code. I'd be interested in getting the Imperial Handbook itself (as I did with the Jedi and Sith books) but not the deluxe edition.

21. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    It's weird that I'm more excited about this than the previous three, which I still haven't picked up even in the discounted versions, but I've become so Jedi/Sith-ed out over the last several years and bounty hunters don't do much for me. I do want to spring for the deluxe version but it depends on what kind of money I have on hand at the time.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, I'm glad they cleared that one up, I might never have figured that out otherwise.

Edit: I should have foreseen I would post this too late. :p

Revanfan1 and purplerain like this.
  23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The Imperial Empire and "New movie in 2015!" were the things I thought to comment as well. Like a game of Yellow Car, only one person can win the game of pointing out funny stuff.

24. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Nice catch, didn't notice that. Maybe they did that out of respect for all of the local planetary empires.:)

If they make another one of these, I hope it would be for the Old Republic. There is just so much you could cover. Along those lines an in universe Star Wars version of "Jane's Fighting Ships" would also be great.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's already been the Galactic Empire since ANH. Imperial Empire is just silly. Let's chalk it up to a bad PR writer.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 and AdmiralNick22 like this.