main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Imperial HoloNet News

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Cevan, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really hoping we get these HoloNet News reports all throughout Rebels' lifespan. I'd like nothing more than to one day get a report saying something along the lines of "In light of recent terrorist attacks, the Emperor assures us that this threat will be put down, and he is sending Lord Vader himself to deal with these renegades. Your safety is our top priority, and those who dare attempt to tarnish our peace shall suffer the consequences."

2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's really cool. Hope he doesn't get killed off too quickly.

He kinda reminds me of the Red Baron though.

4. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    He looks like the pilots (or are they the same pilot?) from the Not What You Think and Entanglement shorts.

5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

According to the children's books based off of those shorts, they are the same person, Varon Rudhor.

Hamawald and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Awesome! Great update, too.

I love the idea of getting to know a TIE pilot a bit. I only hope we actually see Baron Valon Rudhor appear in the series, proper, and not be limited only to pre-show material like the children's novels and the character shorts.

And, as you say, if he does show up, I hope he's not a KIA, right off the bat.

The notion of a sea of faceless Imperials makes a certain kind of sense, but seeing that broken up now and again by introducing recurring characters -- someone with a name (but who is maybe not to the level of a Kallus or an Inquisitor) -- is an exciting prospect!

And having it come in the form of an ace TIE pilot; a name character who can act as a kind of continuing foil for Hera and the crew of the Ghost to have to deal with while in space? Well, that's just gold! :cool:

I really hope they make full use of this guy.

*oh, and keep the HoloNet updates coming, Lucasfilm - they're all just great!*

Kablob and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If it is the same guy, I'm not sure I'd bet too much on his being a serious danger.

8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Maybe he's only good at actually piloting. :p

But this is relevant:

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    To be fair, based upon those character shorts he appeared in, I'm not sure I'd bet on any Imperial being a serious danger! :p

I just hope things take a turn for the better in the actual series.

Anyway, as to our new Baron, specifically, I don't know that he'll even show up in the series. But I really hope he (or a character like him) does. And if so, that the writers get some good use of him.

I'm just excited by the idea because I think it would be great (I mean like, really, really awesome) to have a recurring dog-fighting nemesis in space for the heroes -- particularly Hera, if she's going to be spending a lot of time in the cockpit, piloting of the Ghost -- to have to counter every now and again.*

*But that TIE pilot, whoever he or she is, would have to be more competent than what we saw in those shorts! ;)

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    We have another update, folks:

http://holonetnews.com/post/98160256153/holonet-news-special-report-journalists-across

This time, we learn of an expansion to the "Imperial Press Corp."

"...journalists across the galaxy are recruited to join the HoloNet News. Citizen reporting has been a key tool in maintaining peace and order across the Empire. Remember, vigilance is our duty, not our luxury. The Empire thanks you."

Indeed.

Disguising citizens selling one another out as participatory journalism. It chills right to the bone.

Cevan, darklordoftech and Kablob like this.
  11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
  12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    This might be my favorite one yet. It's just so subtle in how sinister it is.

Reminds me of how something like 20% of the population of East Germany was a paid informant for the Stasi.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Another update for the Holonet.

http://holonetnews.com/post/98335557956/holonet-breaking-news-unauthorized-mining#

Holonet News-Violators of mining code 7435.54 were arrested today for using unathorized equipment. This should serve as a reminder that all citizens must take the necassary steps to register with their local imperial agency. Or else risk incarceration. Remember, we all need to do are part in harnessing the planets natural resources for the greater good of the galaxy. if you witness a flagrant violation of this critical policy, it is your duty to report it. If you see something; say something. You're Empire thanks you.

14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Link was already posted, but thanks for the transcript!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You said it.

But you know what's funny to me is that Alton Castle is actually right, he just didn't know it.

For the people of the galaxy who would be free, in the time of Palpatine, vigilance truly is no luxury.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Rat out your neighbors. The Empire thanks you." Ah, authoritarianism at its best.

Also that bit about the greater good reminded me of this:

[​IMG]

darklordoftech and TrandoJedi like this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    What immediately grabbed me in this latest update is how, in the span of one report, the HoloNet went from the subtle insidiousness of the Imperial Press Corp. story which Kablob noted, to such a flagrant, make-no-bones-about-it, we're putting the public fully on-notice statement, here.

Whatever the natural resources mentioned in this report are, they must be of the utmost importance to the Emperor.

Thorilide, maybe? ;)

Maybe it's plasma, like on Naboo?

Or just maybe... it's something Tarkin really, really needs to help complete this little pet project he's been spending so much of his time on?

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    My bad. I must have totally skimmed over that link you posted lol.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Heh.

20. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm thinking its Thorilide because JJM re-tweeted it. :D

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Lothal has Thorilide? Oooooo, this could be bad for the residents.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There's a reason that he has that name.

By the way, I wonder if we'll get anything about Jedi and/or The Force.

Trebor Sabreon and Kablob like this.
  23. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    darklordoftech

Probably not as Palps wants to erase them from history.

24. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    It really is the perfect Sith name for him.

25. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    At least he isn't Darth Icky or Darth Insanous.

(Read up on those names if you don't get it)