main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imperial insignia on the TIE fighters

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Max Nocerino, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Max Nocerino

Max Nocerino Jedi Knight star 1

May 22, 2013
    In the upcoming Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, the TIE's proudly have the Imperial Insignia emblazoned on their sides. I don't think I've ever seen this before, but I could be wrong. What do you guys think of this?

2. RavagerFish

RavagerFish Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2011
    The trailer shows only the leader of the squadron adorns the emblem, which leads me to believe it is some way of signifying the leader of that particular group of TIE Fighters.

I am torn about it; it makes sense that the leader of a group of TIE's would attempt to differentiate itself so others in the 'pack' can easily identify it, but I also hope it isn't done for too many TIE Fighters. The appearance differentiation gives the impression that some TIE squadrons are more organized than the generic swarms that have the go-to tactic of throwing themselves at the enemy, which I think may be a mistake if overdone. I think as long as they retain that swarm mentatlity for the majority of TIE's, I have no problem with a few elite squadrons that are more akin to how the Alliance organizes their X-Wings.