main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Imperial Invasion Force: Santa Fe

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by propgeek1701, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    On another thread, Overlord1138 was asking whether there were any other of us geeks in Santa Fe. A few tumbleweeds rolled by, and no answers. Now, I KNOW there are Star Wars fans in the city of Holy Faith, or as Cyndilt put it, the City Differente. So my proposal is that we look at the Santa Fe schedule of activities and see if there's anything we could attend as a troop and drum up some interest and do a little recruiting.

Overlord1138, we need your help to call the chamber, check with the local RPG hang outs or whatever and find us some excuse to make the fun trip north. What say you?

How many Mos Alba members would be up for that? Do you like the occasional trip to Santa Fe? What do you like to do in Santa Fe? What cracks you up about the City Differente? What irks you about it?

I'll start.

I love Old Town. The unique atmosphere, the art, the jewelry, the history, the churches, the food, people watching... I've seen some weird stuff there and bought some pretty cool stuff there too. Stuff you don't find just everywhere. It always takes me back to when I was a kid and we would go to Santa Fe for some pre-Christmas shopping, and it was like any old-fashioned town square, only New Mexico style. Oh yeah, BAJA TACO! Guaco-Taco rawks! I confess, I also like the outlet mall, even though it appears to be dying a slow death. I always check out the sales rack at Eddie Bauer and get some of those wonderful socks at the Hanes store. I also check out the book store because every once in a great while, they will have something fantastic at a ridiculously low price.

My only irk... one word: parking!

I'd love it if one of the toy stores would have a Star Wars Day and invite us to troop, take pictures, and maybe give us an employee discount for the day. How cool would that be?

-propgeek

2. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Once my armor is ready I'm in....

3. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Sure, why not. I go up there all the time for work.

The only things I like in Santa Fe are the art galleries and the ski area..oh, and Trader Joe's.

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Excellent idea, Greg! Overlord?

5. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    love to see some stormtroopers checking out the art galleries - main and probably only reason to go to sante fe except for bathroom breaks from and to Denver.

6. Capt_Canuck

Capt_Canuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I am only 45 min away from SF at work, so I can go as well once I get my armor.

-Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.