main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Imperial Knights PBEM

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    The Imperial Knights were an order of Force-users loyal to Emperor Roan Fel of the New Galactic Empire in 130 ABY. They were fully trained in the ways of the Force, but the New Jedi Order saw them as Gray Jedi, as they swore loyalty to the Emperor above all else, including their devotion to the will of the Force. During the Sith-Imperial War, Fel kept them out of the fighting.

Each Imperial Knight carried a standardized silver lightsaber that produced a silver blade. They wore matching red armor that bore some resemblance that of the Coruscant Guards and Emperor's Royal Guard of Palpatine's Galactic Empire. The Imperial insignia was printed on the left shoulder pad and the right gauntlet. The black material that made up part of the Imperial Knights' armor was reminiscent of the ribbed, multi-ply material that Darth Vader once wore underneath his armor.

Little is known for sure about the Imperial Knights' internal organization. By 137 ABY, their leader, Antares Draco, bore the title of Master, but it is not known if this indicated a rank analogous to Jedi Master; on the one hand, it may have simply been an informal title of respect that had nothing directly to do with his status among the Knights, but alternatively, the style may have indicated a unique leadership position, equivalent to the Grand Master among the old Jedi.

At the closing of the Sith-Imperial War, a group of force-users broke off from the war, deciding to follow their own self-purposes, calling themselves The Dark Hand. Their stradegy was to absorb all untouched force-users and become the most powerfull force-users in the galaxy.

Master Draco could not allow this 'unbalance of power' to occur and ordered a group of the most skilled of his Imperial Knights to search thoughout the unknown portions of the galaxy to hunt down and destroy any member of The Dark Hand.

This is their story..

2. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    First, lets start from the beginning..

A PBEM is a Role Playing Game that is Played By EMail. Instead of being in person and rolling dice, a player creates and evolves a character of their creation through the ongoing stories that are woven by the players.

The PBEM is PG-13 Rated, so keep that in mind when Posting.

With that said there is a no-holds-bar attitude & is NOT tied to canon. Other than the initial idea, everything else should/could be whatever you write, as a player. The purpose is to have fun, not to write a timeline. However all players should be courteous to the persona created by a player of their characters & try to stick with the idea they put forth, when/if using another character in your Post.

The PBEMs is facilitated by Yahoo Groups.

Each player (Only open to the Reading-York, FF Group & their RSA) that is interested in playing should PM me their email address. I will send them an invitation to the Yahoo Group, so you can get yourself set up (you have to set yourself up through Yahoo Groups. I can only make you a member). After that, it's on!

My suggestion is to write a little blurb about your character & put it in the "files section" in the Yahoo Group Page, after you are set up. I will have mine in there as well as a 1st Post, so you have an idea of what I am talking about.

The PBEM is all done through Email & the Yahoo Group Page. You can read/send posts via email or directly from the Group Page..

I'll use this Topic for Updates, but everything will be done via the Yahoo Groups with regards to the game. It's a lot of fun, so join up. Its as heavy writing-wise, as you want it to be. I've always said to new players (in the others PBEMs I run), write 3 paragraphs or 3 pages.., both are just as good!

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Shall I close this up, foks?

I recieved no PMs with email addresses, lol... Come on, it's fun.. Really... [face_dancing]

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Looks at the tumbleweeds going across my PM.. [face_worried]

Someone..?

Anyone..?

:_|

5. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I'll at least respond and say, I'm not much of a writer and while I feel your pain I think your idea has crashed and burned

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I think you are right, Stacy..

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" (Darth Vader Scream)

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I have been thinking about this, but unfortunately I think we tried a limited concept. I've read several of the comic issues, and I wasn't sure what the first/next step should have been in the story.

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    RIP, Imperial Knights PBEM..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.