main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(Imperial March plays...) Microsoft Powerpoint: The cheapo's animation suite

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Figrin-Dan_Man, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey guys.

Several years ago I discoverd that by using the Insert/Duplicate slide feature I was able to make fully functionable"filmstrips" in Powerpoint. I would just, for example, insert clipart or something, insert a duplicate slide, move the clipart, insert duplicate slide, move the clipart, etc.

I was able to get satisfying and amusing results, because when played in "View Show", you can hold down the space bar and run through these slides at about (This changes comp to comp based on processing and video capability) 8 to 10 fps.

Well, I made several loooooong movies in my youth.* I mean, long. You guys know how long rotoing takes, I did a couple of movies with over 1000 slides that lasted up to a minute. (And weighed a little under a gig each. :D) Recently, upon resetting my whole setup in my room, so I now have the ULTIMATE FILMMAKING COMPUTER SETUP, I came across these files in a recycle bin. I figured, since I put literally days of work into them I'd put them to video. So, my question (Like two feet from the start of the thread...) is how do you display your slideshow on a separate monitor?

I've seen this setup at my church, up in the production booth. The guy has a dual monitor setup (Like mine)and can have PPT open one one monitor, and the slideshow viewably on the other. (He then pushed this through into a projector with hymn lyrics and other religious crap.)

There is an option, in Slideshow, to view on two monitors. I click, and nothing happens. Any ideas?

This, incidentally, is the longest post I've ever written.

TIA

FIG

*That one comment will get some attention from the above-30 crowd.

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I now have the ULTIMATE FILMMAKING COMPUTER SETUP,

Sure ya do...

Anyway, I used to use PowerPoint for intros and credits back in the old days before I had after effects, premiere, or any of that. I'd edit between two VCR's and then make some credits in PowerPoint and with the video out card export them to camera. It worked well actually. Sorry I can't be of much help though.

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Looking through your recycle bin? Dude, those things are supposed to be emptied...

4. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Isn't powerpoint expensive?

5. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I actually use PowerPoint for almost all my storyboard work. It's very easy to paste in photos or make quick object sketches and type in notes, re-arrange scenes, etc. A very effective tool.

PowerPoint comes bundled with most versions of Microsoft Office.
    Have fun!

6. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Office is no inexpensive purchase.

7. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Sometimes, it comes with a computer.

8. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    [face_laugh] That's *exactly* how I first made myself wave a lightsaber around back when I was in 8th grade, before TFN Fan Films had anything other than Troops and before I even knew of the Jedi Council Forums, and before I even started using Macs again. Good times. . . :D

No, wait! Those days sucked! Mac OS X Jaguar loaded with Adobe After Effects, FCP and over 1 GB of RAM is the only way to go! [face_devil]

9. agentgonzo

agentgonzo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2001
    as long as you have at least 2 monitors on your computer, PPT should be able to notice this, and when you select the view on second monitor or whatever it is, it should work.

PPT will only display stuff on the second monitor when you actually view the presentation, and the first screen will remain in the editing style window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.