main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imperial Regular Army

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Oct 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    We mostly saw only the Imperial shock troops, but not the regular army. How does Imperial troopers look like ? I really can't remember having seen anything else than officers or ST. Where there some illustration of a basic Imperial grunt in comics or RPG stuff ?

2. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    In ESB, there are snowtroopers. In RotJ, there are stormies,

There are some ground battles in X-Wing comics, still stormies.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    There's a picture of what the Imperial Army Troopers look like on p. 43 of the 1st Imp Sourcebook.

The pic shown is the Naval Trooper. The only difference is that Army Troopers wear a gray uniform instead of a black uniform and also wear partial armor for more protection.

Essentially, if you need a movie reference, they are Death Star Troopers (the guys with the big helmets) with light armor.

In fact, the basic "Trooper" is generally the same with slight variation throughout the Imperial Services:
    Death Star Trooper
    Naval Trooper
    Army Trooper

4. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Anyway to post that pic here, Ghengis, for the unlucky ones among us who don't have the 1st Imperial sourcebook? I've been wondering about the answer to thisone myslef for a while.

5. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    The AT-ST pilots in ROTJ wear the standard army uniform.

6. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    They look like naval troopers,only they wear green uniforms and an armored vest.

7. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    You mean, like General Veers in ESB?

8. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    yep,only the regular troopers wear green.

9. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    And there's also a common trooper in between the regular army and the stormtroopers - COMPForce troopers. It's the military arm of COMPNOR (Commission for the Preservation of the New Order). They fall under the command of an Imperial Military Sector Group.

They carry a lot more paraphenalia than their Naval and Army Trooper brothers and also look much like the Rebel Hoth Troopers.

10. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    The Lightning Battalion of Imperial Troops is featured in Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire. They look a bit like police from Robocop with shoulder pauldrons.

11. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "And there's also a common trooper in between the regular army and the stormtroopers - COMPForce troopers. It's the military arm of COMPNOR (Commission for the Preservation of the New Order). They fall under the command of an Imperial Military Sector Group.

They carry a lot more paraphenalia than their Naval and Army Trooper brothers and also look much like the Rebel Hoth Troopers."

They also suck so much they blow.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yes Matt. So true, so true.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    If you have played Shadows of the Empire for N64, there ae relguar troopers at the spaceport one. They have green pants, and lightly armored green plating. There helemt is green, like Naval Troopers helemts are. In the game, t takes the same hits as a Storm Trooper does. That an't in real life. Not everyone can be Storm Troopers. Also, after the Emperor died, Storm Troopers became rare to see, probally only seen with the remains of high ranking officers. So, to do a ground assaul, they had to use someone. And since the Imperials don't use Battle Droids, that only leaves one option, lower skilled and probally larger in number wise Imperial Troopers.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Any one else gonna answer this post?

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I more or less remember those troopers, but I doubt they're just basic grunts.

I want to see a big Imperial army, ala Gungan or TF army. I'd like to see how they look.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Does any one know where I or any one else could get a picture of these Imperial Troops?

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Any one else going to responed to this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.