main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Imperial Remnat pre-NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheProphetOfSullust, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProphetOfSullust

TheProphetOfSullust Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    OK, since I didn't get much of a response in the fanfiction forum, I'm reposting this question here.

Can somebody point me to information on the Empire between VOTF and NJO. Specifically, I want to know:

1. Known planets within the Empire, as well as possible unaffiliated planets near its borders.
    2. Names of some capital ships, most importantly the remaining Star Destroyers.
    3. Names of some officers in the military (not necessary high-ranking ones) and positions they hold.
    4. Names of the moffs.

While I can (and will) make up a lot for my fic, I don't want contradictions.

2. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    between VOTF and NJO? there's not much time in there, and it's likely that most of the planets/ships/officers/moffs in the NJO would be the same as the ones you're looking for.

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    well there was the star destroyer that got destroyed in vector prime. it was in the thrawn books.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It was a NR SD, though.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Prophet...
    "1. Known planets within the Empire, as well as possible unaffiliated planets near its borders."

Implicit error aside, The Essential Chronology defines at least, the upper bound you're looking for: "fifteen years after the death of its ruler, the Empire was little more than a pitiable curiosity. Pushed into the wild fringes of the Outer Rim, consisting of eight small sectors and only a thousand inhabited systems, Imperial dominion was little threat to anyone."

I say "implicit error," because while that text clearly pins the date of the citation as being 26 years after the Battle of Yavin (fifteen years after the Emperor's death, which occurred in 11 ABY), it is listed under the Caamas Document header placed at 19 ABY. Regardless, as there were no major campaigns, or even action at all which would significantly change territories, we can use that number for either one.

We know Bastion was the Imperial capital. It still held Yaga Minor and Muunilist. Valc Seven, Moff Crowel's world and on the edge of the Unknown Regions. Borosk, a fortification world at the edge of the Empire.

"2. Names of some capital ships, most importantly the remaining Star Destroyers."

As of Destiny's Way, a ton of ships. Around Bastion alone: "a squadron of Imperial Star Destroyers," and "a Super Star Destroyer." That changed by Remnant:
    ISD Superior. ISD Chimera. ISD Stalwart. ISD Relentless. ISD Protector. ISD Right to Rule. Five other unnamed ISD's. And old Katana dreadnaught, Braxant Brave/Bonecrusher. Frigate Widowmaker.

3. Names of some officers in the military (not necessary high-ranking ones) and positions they hold.

Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, supreme commander of Imperial forces. Captain Arien Yage, captain of the Widowmaker. Commander Keten, representative of Moff Flennic. Vitor Reige, Pellaeon's savior and Imperial shuttle pilot. General Berrida, Imperial general. Lieutenant Arber, officer of the ISD Defiant. Captain Essenton of the ISD Defiant. Commander Vana Dorja, Imperial spy and daughter of ISD captain.

"4. Names of the moffs."

Moff Kurlen Flennic. Moff Crowel. Moff Effin Saretti (gotta love that effin' Saretti!)

That ought to start you out... :D

6. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
  7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I say "implicit error," because while that text clearly pins the date of the citation as being 26 years after the Battle of Yavin (fifteen years after the Emperor's death, which occurred in 11 ABY), it is listed under the Caamas Document header placed at 19 ABY. Regardless, as there were no major campaigns, or even action at all which would significantly change territories, we can use that number for either one.

Actually, it is not listed under the Caamas Document but is a portion of the paragraph which opens part nine of the EC and preceeds that which is covered under the Caamas Document and the Hand of Thrawn entries of the EC. It is meant to be a lead in into these two sections, revealling the state of the Empire at the start of the Hand of Thrawn duology, which is covered by part nine of the EC. Sadly, the "fifteen years after the death of it's ruler" is supposed to refer to Palpatine's death at the Battle of Endor 4 ABY, not his final death on Onderon 11 ABY. This is determined by the fact that the paragraph that appears in leads into the events of 19 ABY rather than being placed within these events, which would have then been more likely to make that line 26 ABY. The actual implicit error is that it refers to merely the death that would allow the New Republic to control the galaxy for several years before his return and final death without stating so after the EC had already covered his return and part six.

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Knight...
    "Sadly, the "fifteen years after the death of it's ruler" is supposed to refer to Palpatine's death at the Battle of Endor 4 ABY, not his final death on Onderon 11 ABY."

I know what it's supposed to refer to, which is what the error is.

The text is correct, but the Emperor didn't die at 4ABY - which the Chronology had already established. The error is not explicitly made in the text with the statement, merely in the attempt to connect it to the Caamas document section circa 19ABY.

Fifteen years after the Emperor's death is after the Vong have begun invading, certainly. But, so be it, because he certainly didn't die at 4ABY.

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Committed suicide, actually. You can't blow up just bumping off a few walls. And if you say he hit the reactor core, well, that was connected to the throne room, so open?!

He blew himself up, all right. Began his Doctor Regeneration. ;)

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Unless of course there was a bridge. Or protruding platform. Or electrical conduit. Or any number of things he hit.

Does it say Dorja is the daughter of a former ISD captain or just ISD captain? Dorja might still be around (he advances in rank about as fast as Gilad did :))

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ord Sedra is another Imp planet, and Parshoone, Marquarra, and possibly Ompersan. And there's Rimcee station for prisoners.

ISD Peerless, VSD Red Harvest, ISD Erinnic are extra's.

Moff Freyborn, Bemos and a few others I cant recall too.

And its been theorised the Remnant expanded slightly into the Unknown Regions between the GCW and the Vong war. Specifically cos the Remnant appears to be preparing for another war with the NR in Dark Tide - Ruin.

And of course there's your Imperials in the Deep Core, the Second Imperium, causing problems after the Bastion Accords, till their crushing defeat at the Fifth Battle of Yavin. Assumedly some Imperial holdouts existed till after the Imperium was crushed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.