Imperial Royal Gaurd

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JKDKnife, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin
  1. JKDKnife Jedi Youngling

I'm just looking for a cool costume for halloween, but can't find the helmet anywhere for less than 300 dollars. Does anyone have one they can sell me for $50? I doesn't need to look perfect, but if I could see some pictures from different angles that would be nice. Thanks.
  2. krillindb Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sorry dude, but most people here that have a IRG helmet arent willing to part with them. You will not be able to get one for $50, they are just too rare. Try checkin ebay, a few pop up every so often. Expect to spend around the $90-120 range.
  3. Stubbzilla TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 2
    Yup, $50 just isn't likely to happen. They cost $70 from Don Post when they first came out. Ebay does have them occassionally for upwards of $120.
  4. Mertroid Jedi Knight

star 5
  5. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Given the popularity of this costume as of late, I'm suprised someone hasn't come out with a vaccu-formed version. I don't know how illegal it would be, but I don't think it would be that hard to do. The initial mould would probably be the tough part.
  6. Darth_Eagle Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the '96 DP IRG helmet did ran for USD45 2 years ago on eBay when I gotten mine. I suspect it's because the seller gotten it cheap at the SW Warehouse Sale (heard there is 1 every year somewhere) as I saw a picture from that sale with a whole roll of DP IRG helmets.

But currently, fat hope of getting one below USD100 cause
    1) DP stop producing SW stuffs many years ago
    2) There are a lot more IRGs now and most are using the DP helmet.

Maybe, u should try to save up more money first while checking eBay regular for a helmet going within your budget.
  7. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    DP no long has the license. Rubies does.

The Rubies prototype helmet from C2 looked horrible.

One of my first projects when we move to the new house is to vaccuform the DP helmet.
  8. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Most Ruby helmets look horrible, from what I've seen anyway. I think most of their material is made for childrens costumes, at least that's what my clone trooper helmet is.
Moderators: Briannakin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.