main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive (Imperial) Star Destroyer RPG (Moved again from EU boards)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lord_Riven, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J9WorkerDrone

J9WorkerDrone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    EV-3E5: Sir, we've been ordered to attack the enemy ISDs. The Valar's Song has no ion cannons and is taking out the shields with her turbolasers.

BG-F19: Launch 6 TIE squads to draw fire away from our ships. Send 4 bomber squads to disable the lead ISD's engines. Use what few ion cannons we have to fire on the command tower.

EV-3E5: Is that all, sir?

BG-F19: No. Find out if any other friendlies need assistance from our 2 remaining TIE and bomber squads.

2. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    J9workerdrone: Are your ties RC or regulars? If Mechanised Terror is entirely opperated by droids the ties would be Remote Controlled or RC, in which case they would be pretty good.

3. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Comendant Mark appeared on the screen of the ISD he just shot. "You're sheilds are ineffective at this point correct?" He said to the ship's captain. After a moment's pause. "I do not want to shed the blood of my own Imperial brethren, so I suggest you shut down your remaining sheild generator before this gets too far out of hand. If you harvor any loyalty to the New Order any more you'll make the right decision."

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    The ShadowBandit started pouring Ion cannon fire into the ISD that was the designated target. Grand Admiral Satimber wanted to make this an easy day...did not want any of the ships to suffer damage or anybody to lose their lives today, but that was unavoidable. The warlords were in this for themselves and the fleet needed to police the non-compliants.

With one ISD already surrendering, this day may be a good day after all.

5. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    The captain of the ISD replied "Lowering sheilds, we will submit ourselves under the fleet's authority."
    "Ecxellent, I will assure you the most minor of punishements for doing this. We will be sending a boarding party to decomission your ship for safety reasons." Comendant Mark smiled. "Vulpter Convoy: lower your sheilds and disengage weapons immediatly, if you do this now, you will suffer the lowest penalty we can give for this matter if you comply immediatly." A boarding craft from Valar's Song docked with the ISD. The ISD crew put up no resistence and they were confined into their quarters.

Major Treninto: "Comendant, this is the boarding party. We've got complete control of the ISD. We have magnetically sealed the doors of the quarters after confining the crew to them."

Comendant Mark:"Good, I would expect no less of you. Put the ISD in the rear of the fleet and activate the friendly beacon so none of our own will mistakenly shoot you."

Comendant Mark to Fleet: "We've taken the Lead ISD, Olympias, with no resistence. I have a boarding party controlling it now and it is to be considered friendly. Over."

The ISD moved to the rear of the fleet and sat in space.

(OCC:What is our fleet's name or designation?)

6. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Pulverizer's TIE squadrons sweep aside the single squadron launched by its target. Austin's crew fires ion cannons on the hapless Victory Star Destroyer.

Darillian: Sir, the target's shields are down!

Austin: Excellent! Send them a message, ordering them to stand down their weapons and prepare for a boarding party. We have no wish to shed the blood of fellow Imperials, but they must submit to Coruscant's control.

Varc: Sir, the VSD's commander is signalling his compliance.

Kevorkian's boarding party enters the VSD.

Kevorkian, to Austin: Captain, we have secured the ship and confined the crew to their quarters. We are in complete control. This ship is called the Farragut.

Austin: Good job. I might even be inclined to forget your last botched mission under my previous command. Maneuver the Farragut to a station next to the Olympius.

7. J9WorkerDrone

Jun 19, 2002
    *Blue_10: Yes they are RC. Since no pilot quarters are needed, twice as many TIEs can fit inside.*

EV-3E5: The Valar's Song has taken the Olympias and moved her out of the action. What are your orders?

BG-F19: Get 2 TIE squads to cover the Olympias, just in case. Order the remaining 4 squads to engage any enemy fighters and recall the bombers. Move alongside Valar's Song and send my regards to Commendant Mark on a job well done. It also appears a VSD has been captured. This is shaping up to be a good battle.

8. Cryil-Vald

Cryil-Vald Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    "This is the Vendetta, we will take one of the four extra VSD's that the Tie scouts picked up"

*With that being said, the Vendetta moved towards the port flank of one of the several VSD's, the smaller wedge shaped vessel rasinging its sheilds*

"Fire Ion cannons on the closest Sheild generator and launch missle boats" called out massis.

He could here several ayes from the command pit as blue white streaks of ion energy shot out, hitting the port deflector sheild tower. The missle bloats shot out from under the larger ISD, they streaked by the VSD, launching payloads of concussion rockets, destroying the crippled deflector sheilds

"Sir. there port sheilds are down" one of the officers called out

"Very good, have the trubolasers target there power generator, and open hailing frequencies"

"Aye sir, hailing frequencies are open"

Massis stood and strode towards the forward viewport

"This is the Imperail Star Destroyer Vendetta, we have crippled your ship, and we have your power generator targeted, I would rather not lose a good ship and crew, but, if you do not stand down, i will destroy you.."

There was a pause, and Massis turned to the pit crew to give the order to fire, when the voice of an older man was heard thru the bridge

"This is captian Jacob Mckeev's of the Victory Star Destroyer Victories Pride, we surrender ourselves to you, That was a nice tactic..Massis"

The last thing stopped massis in his tracks, but instead of letting his crew see any weakness, he shook it off and went back to his seat

"Send the boarding parties" he said, and moments later the VSd moved to the rear of the fleet, with the rest of the captured ships

9. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Comendant Mark:"Thank you, Mechanized Terror. Let's clean the rest of them up now. I'll take this next ISDs port generator, you target the starboard generator."

Valar's Song flew past 3 supply ships shooting out their engines and leaving them dead in space as it passed. They came up on the next ISD.
    Comendant Mark:"Just like last time Helmsman."
    Helmsman:"Yes sir."

Valar's Song concentrated fire on the port side sheild generator. It went up in flames.
    Comendant Mark said:"Mechanized Terror once your target is eliminated send a boarding party. Use nonlethal force if possible."

10. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    The Dark Angel launches it fighters. Three squadrons of TIE Corsairs, one of TIE Defenders and one of Scimitar Assualt Bombers fly down towards the nearest VSD and pund it shields with concussion missiles and proton torps, destroying the shield generators and turbolaser turrets.

The Dark Angel opens up with its ion cannons, disabling many of the turbolaser cupolas remaining on the VSD.

Captain Dermayil: Open a comm channel to the Bombard (VSD) and tell them to surrender or be destroyed.

Communications: Yes, sir

The Dark Angel transmits ultimatum to the Bombard.

Communications: Sir, the Bombard transmits its surrender.

Captain Dermayil: Good, get a boarding team onto the Bombard and tow it back.

(ooc: I'm part of Shadow Squadron... but that will be developed later on in the story but the quick version is that Shadow Squadron was Palpy's personal squadron - just like Vader had Death squadron the Emperor had his Shadows - captains whose loyality to the Emperor could not be swayed. Members as so far include the Dark Angel, Emperor's Will, Tyrant (which was Palpay's "spy" in Vader's squadron)... Yeah, so I'm going to introduce Byss later - at around start of OCT. - Right now I'm putting it at around the time of Isard's ascension)

As for the current squadron: I'll leave that up to the Grand Admiral

You mean that the Mechanized Terror has 6 TIE Bomber squadrons??? - very strange choice of Fighter Complement... I thought the standard was like 1-2 squadrons of specialized bombers... Anyway, everyone should PM me with their squadron number and types OK?

LORD_RIVEN

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    ********: "Grand Admiral, the battle is going very well for us. 4 ships have been captured already.
    The ISD that we are targeting is about to succomb to our barrage as well. The Ion cannons have almost completely disabled the ship."

Satimber: "Excellent.
    General Raan."

Raan: "Yes sir!"

Satimber: "General, you will lead the boarding party. I am giving you command of the ship."

Raan: "Yes sir! Should I keep the name of it?"

Satimber: "General, you may rename the Tantive Chaser, if you so desire."

Raan: "Yes sir. I think that I will rename the ship Bandit's Shadow!"

Satimber: "Very well. Get the ship back into action and join the fight."

Raan: "Thank you sir. Do you want to name my second in command?"

Satimber: "You may take Captain Jamma with you."

Jamma: "Sir? Thank you sir!"

Satimber: "Captain you earned it!
    Sgt. ********, trasmit to the fleet that the Tantive Chaser is about to fall. And that it is going to be taken over and renamed, and is Commanded by Raan and Jamma."

********: "Yes sir. Sir should we launch fighter squandrons to protect Bandit's Shadow until they are up and running?"

Satimber: "Launch 3 squadrons Sgt. 1 X-wing and 2 Squints."

********: "Sir, yes sir!"

Satimber: "Lieutenant Tarkin."

Tarkin: "Yes sir!"

Satimber: "Lt., you are now my second in command. I am promoting you to Captain."

Tarkin: "Thank you sir!"

Satimber: "Sgt. open channel to the Tantive Chaser.
    Tantive Chaser, you are to stand down now. Captain Snell do you comply?"

Snell: "Grand Admiral Satimber, the Tantive Chaser will comply. Sir, you have defeated us. I will order all remaining ships to stand down and prepare for boarding parties."

Satimber: "Captain Snell, make sure that you reinforce the fact that any further resistance will result in immediate spacing by not only the trouble maker, but the 10 servicemen in their vacinity."

Snell: "Yes sir. Grand Admiral?"

Satimber: "What is it Snell?"

Snell: "Sir, I did not know that you were leading the Outsider Fleet, nor did I know that you were in charge of the ShadowBandit. Sir, I would have stood down and joined the fleet."

Satimber: "Well Snell, you will have an opportunity to prove that. I will have you transferred to my command staff. It seems I need a new Lt."

Snell: "Thank you sir.

Moments later

********: "Sir, the convoy has all stood down and are prepared for boarding parties."

Satimber: "Sgt. broadcast to the Fleet that all ships have now stood down and are prepared for boarding parties. Give the spacing order for anybody that acts up. Also, launch the remaining squadrons of fighters for patrol duties while we concentrate on the boardings."

OOC: The modifications for the ShadowBandit are: 12 squadrons of fighters (3 X-wing, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 B-wing, 1 A-wing, 2 TIE Fighter and 4 TIE Interceptor), Proton Torpedoes and Concussion Missles, along with 40 Ion cannons and 75 Turbolaser cannons.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    OOC: Even though we have captured the convoy, this does not end this mission IMO. I am sure that Lord_Riven will pull a rabbit out of his hat.

The damaged ships still need to be towed and repaired....who knows what could happen.

13. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Before I post what sort of fighters I have I would like to know every available fighter I could have along with optional and fixated armorments of each type. Also could Comendant Mark have a Tie Advanced x2 for his personal fighter? One more thing, how many squadrons could a modified VSD hold? A response would be most appreciated. Thanks. :)

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    from what I can remember:

Republic
    X-Wing
    Y-Wing
    B-Wing
    A-Wing

Z-95 HeadHunter

Empire
    TIE Fighter
    TIE Interceptor
    TIE Bomber

For the time period I can't remember everything, nor all the armament.

15. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    what of the corsairs and defenders? Are they options as well?

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I guess as long as they were developed in our time frame.
    I only did the ones that I was sure of

17. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    ooc:TIE Corsairs and TIE Lances are my own invention - from the ship ideas thread on EUC.

Ensign Jovan: Sensors detect two fleets coming in to the system - it looks like a fleet of small ships - probably pirates pursued by a group of Star Destroyers, as they pass us we'll know more

18. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Ensign Todd Martino, sensors officer: Captain, two fleets of unknown composition are entering the system.

Austin: Have two TIE squadrons guard the Farragut. Recall the other squadron and launch all remaining fighters. I want to be prepared in case things get interesting.

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Raan: "Grand Admiral, sir. The boarding is complete. The identification transponder has been changed. All non-essential crew are lock in quarters. The Bandit's Shadow is fully repowered and fully capable in a fight."

Satimber: "Very good General Raan. Are your sensors up yet?"

Raan: "Yes sir, in fact we are showing that 2 fleets are in the vacinity. However we are not reading their transponders."

Satimber: "As are we. General, if your ship is ready, I want you to be point ship of the Fleet."

Raan: "Yes sir. Sir, I recommend that my fighters stay grounded."

Satimber: "Why so General?"

Raan: "Sir, I am not sure of their allegiance. I do not know if they will fight for us or if they will turn against us."

Satimber: "Understood. Very well. I will get you some interrigators soon. We can use all the fighter squadrons that we can get our hands on."

********: "Sir, we still can not get a read on the ships out there. No other ship in the fleet is having success either."

Satimber: "Very well. The Bandit's Shadow is taking point, and we will follow to his starboard.

Relay this message to the fleet.

Outsiders, we need to get an ID on the 2 groups of ships that entered the sector. Bandit's Shadow will take point, with The ShadowBandit to his post. I ask for volunteers in twofold. We need to protect the damaged ships that we captured and we need a few more ships to join us in finding out who is out there.

I will be looking towards your decisions."

20. J9WorkerDrone

Jun 19, 2002
    BG-F19: Admiral Satimber, we will help with the new arrivals. My six bomber squadrons are armed and ready for whatever task you assign us. Just give us a target and we're go.

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Her nose pointing downwards, the VSD Wraithis drifts dead in space, some way behind the other ships of Lord Riven's fleet

General call from Wraithis

Technician: "Okay sir, try that now?"

Sohmer: "This is the Wraithis. Apologies for not getting involved in your conflict. We got hit with a massive EMP electromagnetic pulse a couple days back, source unknown. We've managed to re-establish life support, and are just getting comms back up now."

OOC: Ship complement - I know that we have three Gamma-class shuttles for spacetroopers, and at least one Skipray blastboat.
    And making up my TIE squadrons as I go:
    1 x TIE defenders (cool tri-winged ships from Rebel Assault II)
    2 x TIE fighters

Anyone know where I can get stats on TIE Defenders?

22. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    OOC: probably the Guide to Ships and Vessels. Those books have lots of info on everything.....just a shame that they are like $18. I have most of them...I just do not have the last 2 or 3 I think.

23. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Ok, I just looked up the numbers and I have 2 squadrons of 24 fighters.

5 scouts
    20 intercepters
    5 bombers
    17 defenders
    1 Advanced x2 equipped with sheilding, hyperdrive and a seeker proton torpedoe launhcer. (Pilot:Comendant Mark)

Total craft:48

24. Hiatyuamot

Hiatyuamot Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Sorry I was gone for so long, I had a lot of work to do. Can someone tell me what's going on?

25. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    Blue_10 do you mean 4 squadrons of 12???

Captain Dermayil: Communications, open a comm channel to the Grand Admiral.

Communications: Yes,sir.

Captain Dermayil: Grand Admiral, do you wish to have the Dark Angel attack or defend?

Ensign Jovan: Sensors confirm one pirate fleet, the lead ship being a dreadnought - Scavenger, the group of Star Destroyers register as 10 of Teradoc's VSD's highly distinguishable by their red-pink armour.

Captain Dermayil: Red Pink-Armour :D (Crew bursts out in laughter) Send the info along to the Grand Admiral and await his orders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.