main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Imperial Threat :- Plot

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, Jan 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Very good point, I've played the X-Wing series (many eons ago) and there are a few missions where the X-Wing must cover the Y-Wing so they can begin their bombing run! So point well taken, I think I will put that into good use.

I currently checking my reference, as I would like to have all three craft in the film, must also want it to fit in with the universe as to when they were built etc.

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    *consults EU texts (namely WEG Rebel Alliance sourcebook)*
    The A-Wing Fighter
    General Dodonna conceived of the Awing fighter following the Battle of Yavin. When analyzing that titanic battle, the General concluded that the Rebel starfighter arsenal lacked one essential element: Raw speed.
    .....yada yada yada....
    Dodonna approached Alliance engineer Walex Blissex, and together they drew up the design for the Awing.
    yada yada still exteremly expensive.. well under budget........ fastest starfighter... extremely maneuverable.......notoriously prone to breakdown. The engines,chassis,and weapons systems are routinely subject to stresses far beyond design specifications, and the fighters' maintenance to flight ratio is the second worst of any Rebel starfighter in service.

As for having multiple fighter types in 1 squadron, the only place I have seen mention of it is in the NJO series. In an attack scenario, the Xwings would be flying only as cover, not as part of the attack squadron, leaving them free to engage targets leaving the wishbones to carry on to their own target. Much like the Spitfires and Hurricanes covered the Bombers in WW2.. note there that the Spits and Hurricanes had different speed and handling characteristics, and as a result worked as individual units there as well.

3. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    spoken like a real Star Treker !!!!

somebody once told me Star Wars Fans Didn't worry about details that much

4. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    That person was lying, details are everything. :)

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    It's EU that does it. I sometimes think it overdoes it, but that's getting off topic.

Perhaps you could throw some Headhunters in there as a 3rd fighter type. I never liked them in X-Wing vs Tie, but they're not meant to be as good. They'd certainly make the x-wings look better.

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Your right Loadeddog! :) It doesn't matter, thanks everyone but I have already scripted all fighter groups in.

The X-wings take out the smaller ships, the A-wings will take out shields and the Y-wings will take IT out!

What is IT, can't say just yet! :)

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I won't bother giving LD a virtual kicking when I can give him a physical one, seeing as he's looking over my shoulder atm...
    but that WEG thing is a bit out of whack with other EU stuff... and I'd be inclined to go with Soneils suggestion.. headhunters not Awings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.