1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Imperial Tie fighter TV show if it works!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by black_saber, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking, since we may get in x-wing tv series around both the classic and post return of the jedi, I thought maybe we could get a Imperial Tie fighter show during the classic trilogy and post return the jedi time period.

And does not have to be clone pilots, We could have like different charcaters flying the tie fighters into battles and show how very skilled they are and try to compeet into againist the best of rouge Squadrain.

What do you guys think about a tie fighter TV show?

But I still think the chances are still remote!!!
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IMO, that would be lame
    BW2 likes this.
  3. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    ^^
  4. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    Neither of you have played Tie Fighter I'm guessing. A show about actual Star Wars would be a welcome change from the dreck we have now.
    TaradosGon and Admiral Volshe like this.
  5. General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Personally I would much rather the often fantasized X-Wing series, with the occasional/semi-regular episode from the Imperial point of view (eg. The excellent comic: X-Wing: The making of Baron Fel), over a whole TIE-Fighter series. Primarily because there is only so long you can make inherently bad guys seem likable.
    Last edited by General_Un-Co, Mar 4, 2013
  6. BW2 Jedi Padawan

star 2
    i want vader sitting in that TIE fighter.

the other imperial pilots are even more lame than these guys..

[IMG]

"Ah damn they hit me!", "I cant stay with you, luke!", "I need weight watchers, Luke!" "Bla bla, Luke!"
    Son of a Bith likes this.
  7. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Actually the story of Star Wars is about anakin skywalker. He's a main character in the current show, the show you suggest couldn't be further away from actual Star Wars.
    Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, so all these episodes about Ahsoka can just go jump ship because they're not the story of Star Wars. Same with Han Solo, Lando and Wedge, because that's not "real" Star Wars, that's just idiots flying around being cool, not the emotionally gripping performance of Hayden Christensen. Are you going to actually respond in a reasonable manner to any of my posts, or are you just pissy because I'm suggesting alternatives that you hate?

Anakin Skywalker is not the end all figure of Star Wars, where everything has to tie back to him. Does every episode of Star Trek ever made worship Kirk?
    Last edited by Darth_Zandalor, Mar 4, 2013
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Tie Fighter was a great game - IMO the best of all the SW flyers out there -, and I'd rather watch a TIE Fighter show over an X-Wing show (I guess my 12" TIE pilot agrees with me).
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  10. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    okay 1st.... Ahsoka is ANAKIN'S APPRENTICE... this whole arc had a MAJOR impact on anakin and his story, how can you fail to see that? Star wars is the story of anakin skywalker, does that mean he has to be seen 24/7? no. does that mean he has to be the main character of every single episode? no. But you are suggesting that they do a show that has absolutely nothing to do with anakin, or even the force for that matter. that is not Star Wars...... I have no idea why you are brining up star trek. has nothing to do with Anakin and Star Wars, the two aren't even remotely similar or comparable.
  11. Alpha-Red Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They're making an X-wing TV series?
    Last edited by Alpha-Red, Mar 4, 2013
  12. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Of course not...
  13. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    My point is that you seem to have a very narrow idea of what Star Wars is, and you've been complaining about my last couple of posts without backing up anything you say. You say that Star Wars is only about Anakin Skywalker and his surrounding characters, and that Tie Fighters and space combat are the farthest thing from Star Wars.

I disagree with that statement, considering space combat played an enormous amount in the original trilogy and even a fair bit in the Prequels. And I don't see how a show dedicated to a group of hotshot X-Wing or Tie Fighter Pilots is betraying the essence of Star Wars just because it has nothing to do with Anakin or his precious little Apprentice. It's hitting another side of the franchise, not overwriting Anakin's story.
  14. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    To be fair here. You were the one who claimed the Clone Wars wasn't actual Star Wars. I just said the idea of a tie fighter show was lame at first. Yeah tie fighters and space combat is in Star Wars and part of the Star Wars galaxy.. But in reality, I'd rather have a mix of everything, like we get in the Clone Wars and the movies. Space combat, Force, Jedi, blaster fights... Things of that nature. You really wan't to see a show solely based on flying? Personally I would really dislike that idea because it has little appeal to me. Thankfully, I won't ever have to see anything like it.
  15. Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, where did I say that The Clone Wars wasn't actual Star Wars? What I said was a play on words, given that there is a lack of Space combat in the show, hence lacking Stars and Wars. It's a pun.
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  16. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
    ^This
  17. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 5
    My hierarchy.

Something new (Dark Times, post-ROTJ, Old Republic, etc) > OT Era > PT era/TCW

A Tie Fighter show would be a welcome change. Or an X-Wing/Rogue Squadron show. Or really anything that doesn't take place in the 22 BBY-19 BBY time frame.
    Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  18. boomx2sjk Jedi Knight

star 1
    Considering that Disney and Kathleen Kennedy are contemplating spin-off Star Wars movies that have next to nothing to do with Anakin Skywalker, tough to say that "the story of Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker."

The Star Wars saga, Ep. I through VI, are about Anakin Skywalker. The SW universe explored in countless comics, books and video games delves into so much more...
    Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  19. credar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't want strictly a TIE fighter show. I would want it to be a rebellion/New Republic war show, except this time only focus on the adventures of 2 casts, an Imperial TIE fighter group and Rogue Squadron. Rogue Squadron would also do a bunch of land based spy or battle infiltration etc. I don't just want a show following around 1 random TIE fighter. I want a full encompassing show. Also some Boba Fett, crime lords, political and 1 or 2 main OT cast episodes.
  20. boomx2sjk Jedi Knight

star 1
    TIE Scout: THE SERIES
  21. black_saber Jedi Master

star 4
    Last edited by black_saber, Mar 5, 2013
  22. CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan

star 3
  23. black_saber Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know, But I bet most people will watch and if it happens. I mean to say when it happens just not anytime soon!

EDIT: Heres more info on an X-wing series that might Happen! http://fangirlblog.com/2013/02/star-wars-rumors-zahn-talks-x-wing/
    Last edited by black_saber, Mar 5, 2013
  24. QuangoFett Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd watch an X-Wing or TIE Fighter series.

It would probably be less expansive and have a lower budget than TCW, but that's fine by me. TCW is effectively Star Wars Episode 2.5 and an epic unto itself. It's possible to tell quality stories with a lower budget.

This would allow Star Wars TV to follow a similar evolutionary path to the literary Expanded Universe. The Thrawn Trilogy was a huge sprawling epic that proved that there was still interest in Star Wars long after ROTJ left cinemas. Then came more focused books like the aforementioned X-Wing series.

EDIT: Come to think of it, an X-Wing series might be the best way to lead into the ST. The Rebel Alliance is not armed to the teeth with warships, massed infantry and heavy ground vehicles like the Republic and CIS. The Battle of Endor seems more like a one-off desperate gambit than a standard space battle for the Rebels. The Alliance's hyperdrive-equipped starfighters are its most effective power projection tools. As a result, the clash between Rebel (New Republic, even) and Imperial fighter pilots is pivotal to the conflict. Space guerilla warfare would be interesting to see, particularly in contrast to TCW's pitched battles between Republic and CIS forces planetside and in space.
    Last edited by QuangoFett, Mar 5, 2013
  25. Force Smuggler Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A Tie-Fighter or X-Wing series would be amazing! Hope it happens!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.