main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Importan Celebration 4 Information please read

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/newboiseorder/website/celebration4.jpg]

Please add this to the Agenda for August Meeting and September Meeting Thanks.

there might be a Shuttle avaible to Hotel Guest with in a 2 mile radius to Celebration 4

But untill that has been Made official. We are planning on Cabs.

If shuttles are made avaible to us then we will only need the cab fares to the hotel and to the airport.

So i have made it official as the C4 Rep that if you are staying in the NBO rooms we have booked we need a min of 4 guest in each room.

If we have more than that we will need to book another room and would need a min of 4 guest for the room or would be more money for the guest in that room.

I am wanting to collect all money for cabs and hotel no later than January 1st. 2007

total amount for
    rooms 171.00 each
    Cab 49.00 so we can tip the cab drivers also

http://www.layellowcab.com/rates.html for the rates
    Should be no more than 20.00 each day for us to take the cab a mile to the con and back to the hotel.

it is a flat rate of 38.00 to the hotel from the airport

also this cab company charges 4 people as 1 person

I looked at some other cab companies and they charge 45.00 rate to the hotel and back and per person in the cab.

We will do this for a total of 5 days

making total 220.00 by 1/1/07
    That is not alot of money to have put aside for the Con will be 5 months out. and gives everyone 5 months to come up with that amount to have ready.

I am sure we will all have our plane tickets by then also . and had bought our Passes in october when expected to be made ready.

this way we know for sure who is going on the Trip and f we need to fulfil any spaces in the rooms like we did last time.

If you have any questions contact me

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Has there been any official word in any capacity on what exactly to expect in Cali when we go, whats going on at CIV, and when TPM 3D is releasing?
    Thanks for all your dedication Ron. I'm about 99% certain I'm going to this. Its going to be nuts. I'll be down to see my Dad, one of my friends from this summer project, going to Disneyland, CIV, and of course the movie.
    Which reminds me, we should find out about IMAX's down there and see if we can get our tickets in advance if and when they go on sale early. Who knows, maybe they'll just show it at CIV.
    Anywho, talk to you later.

3. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Im still not sure when the movie is coming out...I was hoping Comic Con would answer that question, but it didn't. So we wait...

4. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    But Comic Con did anounce that at Celebration 4 there will be more of the Animated Serries being Shown there, And Assajj Ventress, Count dooku, Obi Wan, Anakin all are to be stars in the Animated serries.

5. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_In_3D_99504.asp

this puts the 3D issue to rest for now...

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    that sucks

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I'm a bit surprised. I guess it had been made official. But I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.
    Or who knows, maybe it will release in May...

8. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Phantom_Menace_In_3D_98598.asp

This is the orginial source for the possible May release. Since it was Popular Science Magazine, I think they were speculating alot. I am just glad they are working on making these movies a reality. Just seeing Superman Returns in 3D makes me want more movies like this in the future. Deep dwon I also hope May is still a possibility.

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    That's what makes me curious. If Superman can do it then TPM should have no problem releasing in May. But then again, with the things Sansweet mentioned, perhaps I'm just dreaming. May still holds the new cartoons, CIV, and news about the TV show. Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens.

10. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    sadely with my finances I doubt I'll be capable of raising enough money to go to CIV with yall

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well try this is worth going to trust me.

171.00 for a hotel for a week is really good
    317.00 for a round trip plane ticket
    no more than 200.00 to get in for all week
    350.00 for food and spending money for a week is like 25.00 a day for food and 25.00 a day for fun or souviners. for a week.
    40.00 for cab fares while there.

so about a 1000.00 will make sure you havea real good time.
    thats only 200 a month for the next 5 months
    thats only 6.67 a day between now and dec 31st

and i only said that i would need your hotel funds by jan 1

so you still have between jan 1 and the day of depature to save any other funds you may want.

I know you can do that if you want to go.

12. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm lucky to save $50 for a game
    I couldn't raise that if I tried
    right now I'm lucky my car hasn't been repoed yet
    and thats only because I'm basically starving myself right now

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    sorry to hear that Tim I wish you were able to Go I am saving for this Con, and Comic Con Next year. I need about 3,000.00 to make both cons i need about 4,000.00 to have a super great time at both cons.

and i do not have a Job untill august 8th and i pay bills also like rent/phone/insurance/gas

But alot could change between now and then you still might be able to go.

I hope you can it is such a blast.

14. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    would love to know how you always pull these things off

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

umm the way i pull it off I live on bare min. and i do mean bare I am lucky if i have 20 dollars a week to my name after i put away what i need to put away to live.

but like i said only 6.60 a day i can afford to do that wich is less than 50.00 a week.

if i make between 6-8 dollars a hour then it is the first hour i work is for nothing but my cons, then everything else is for living.

all work and no play will kill you.
    lol

Plus i always Save i have two checking accounts one is for cons and stuff the other is my main, and when i am working i am always putting if i can between 25-50 dollars a week away. Or more if i can.

Concider it my madd money. vacation. Emergency funds what ever.

plus with no kids/ No relation ship/ just me to worry about makes it easier to save a little for fun.

plus i do not have a car payment i own my car outright. I just pay for gas and insurance wich is cheap 25 a week in gas and 120 every 6 months for insurance.

Paying for a car i can understand you have to pay way more for insurance got to have full coverage and you are younger so pay more for the insurance.

plus your car payment is prob the same as i would put away every month.

I believe even if you could save up 1000.00 dollars you could go.

Over Time is how i got to go last Time, I worked my bum off. any extra hours I could. And put all the ot pay away for the trip.
    worked like 70 hour work weeks. that being 30 hours of ot and if you made $8.00 a hour thats $360 before tax. still like $250 easy to put a way a week

do that for like a month or two during the holiday rush be surprised.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    me and bill plan to get together to purchase plane tickets to CA since some of you are going to be going to disney and stuff and plan to go earlier than me. We will just post what we get and facts if you would like to purchase with us we are going to do this in about a month.

have been looking it is about 317.00 round trip.

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Just so we know we discussed this at the meeting and i think it should be on the agenda again about refunds. I believe that refunds should not be allowed unless for dire reasons.

that way if for some reason someone decides to not go after the first of the year it does not hurt the others who are still going.

Looking at expedia and other travel online companies if you prepurchase plane tickets they are not refundable. so same rule would apply to insure all who are going are takin care of.

18. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Starwars.com has finally posted news on when eager Star Wars fans can register and order their passes and hotel accommodations for Celebration IV scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, May 24-28, 2007.

Fans can begin crashing the servers on October 30th at 12 noon PST. Prices for the event are relatively decent in comparison to Celebration III and are as follows.

Pre-Registration
    4-Day Adult $110
    4-Day Child* $45
    1-Day Adult $40
    1-Day Child* $20
    *(6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

Onsite Purchases
    4-Day Adult $125
    4-Day Child* $55
    1-Day Adult $45
    1-Day Child* $25
    (*6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

As you can see, pre-registration saves you a few bucks that I'm sure you can use to buy a few extra trinkets!

19. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    AHHHHH!!!!

I can't help but get excited! I'm going to see what I can do to make going to CIV a possibility for me. I know it would be more than a little fun.

20. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    I think Ron would leave on Monday if he could afford to.

I also am exploring options for attending.

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well c4 tickets are on sale now got mine 4 day pass and free day for being hyper space member.

22. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    #33 overall sold wasn't it? Wow!

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Well me and Bill Purchased our flight
    If any one is wanting to get on the same flight here is the information we booked

Boise to Los Angeles 5/23/07 10:56 am - 11:55 am United

Los Angeles to Boise 5/29/07 3:59 pm - 6:58 pm United

Check in is 2pm this will give us time to land get downtown have lunch check in and when we head home can check out of the hotel at a check out time have lunch and fly home.

hope to see some of you on this flight we requested seats twoards the front. 02C, 02D there and back so if you request seats and want to sit near us here we should be.

last i looked 02a, and 02b, 03a, 03b, 03c, 03d were all avaible.

24. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    you should post the Airline your on and the flight numbers.

25. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Flight: 6527
    Operated by: /UNITED EXPRESS/SKYWEST

Flight: 6508
    Operated by: /UNITED EXPRESS/SKYWEST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.