main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Importance of Killing a Family Member

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by deejalert, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deejalert

deejalert Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    Did a search and didn't find anything on this. So my apologies if the discussion is already in another thread.

I wonder about the importance of striking down a family member. If memory serves me correct, Kylo is the first we have seen do this, and it seemed rather significant. Luke could not strike down Vader, but instead surrendered his light saber saying he will not succumb to the dark side. I haven't seen ROTJ in several years, but I remember the Emperor telling Luke to strike down his father and fulfill his destiny.

Vader couldn't sit by and watch the Emperor kill Luke either. Family was always important to Annakin/Vader. In fact, this type of attachment was part of his downfall.

While we don't know for certain if Kylo killed one of the KOR to protect Rey, if this does hold to be true and Rey is part of Kylo's family, it could be evidence of one of his weak moments. A weakness he finally put to rest by killing his own father. After striking down his father. Snoke mentions it is time for Kylo to complete his training. I wonder if we will see a new level of the Dark Side in Kylo now that he has completed this task. Kind of the ultimate submission to the Dark Side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.