main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Importance of Marasiah Fel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi-Master-King, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Jedi-Master-King

Jedi-Master-King Jedi Knight

Feb 27, 2013
    Imagine where the story would have gone if they hadnt done the Retcon and she ended up pregnant! Ha! [face_laugh] Emperor Skywalker sounds much better than Emperor Draco!

General Immodet likes this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Draco will probably take her last name.

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Lando is just that awesome. I would easily support a Lando prequel along the lines of the Solo and Fett movies they are doing.

Zorrixor and rumsmuggler like this.
  4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    We'll always have Jool. [face_love]

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Her Majesty is not eye candy.

6. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Her head Knight might disagree.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Draco forgets himself.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I still don't understand how that happened. :p

The Felpire was the best thing about Legacy, and that which truly set the era apart.

Neither will change their names.

The children should be of Draco's dynasty, though. Matrilineal marriages are annoying and ahistorical.

Wait. Sorry, I've been playing too much CKII.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Like Cad Bane being Duros?

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    If you say so..

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I agree with Uli. The GA is just the NR all over again. The Second Empire is actually different, and therefore interesting.

Heck, even the Jedi are just PT Jedi again.

Summer Dreamer and Ulicus like this.
  12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That's wonderful..

The Jedi having a council made of PT alumni is annoying as hell. That needs to change, but at least the Jedi are still allowed to marry. I don't have much concerns about the second Fel Empire since they are allies.

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, come on, it could have been worse...

Ahsoka could have been Grand Master, with K'Kruhk only her advisor. :p

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I could live with that, since I can tolerate those two. I don't think Togrutas live that long though.

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Summer Dreamer

Yeah, in CLAWS OF THE DRAGON, she was going to undergo the trials to become an Imperial Knight, but it was cut because it wasn't connected to the other story.

Bummer. [face_sigh]Legacy 0 put a lot of press on her not being a fully trained IK; so it would have been nice to see her trials. .

Jedi-Master-King

That was so grating to me to, from saving the life someone she barely knows to a veiled death threat to someone she has known for years.

[face_plain]

HIH was only reminding Azlyn of the vows to which she freely swore. She was being a dutiful and astute superior by showing concern that Azlyn make the correct and responsible choice. Would you rather her not be concerned for Azlyn's well being; and not express her faith in Master Rae when Krieg - not HIH - expressed concern that Azlyn might be a traitor? That would have been cold-blooded.

The Supreme Chancellor

I agree she seemed to be a very caring and Jedi-like character in volume 1, but later on when she was brought into the story she was just another cold-blooded Imperial Knight.

Okay, this is a misconception about the character that grates on my nerves; only because I was once guilty of it myself, and I truly love and appreciate Marasiah Fel. However, in the last year I've had an epiphany about the true concept of this character and realized that I had misconstrued her nature to make her what I wanted.

Many of us, (my old self included), want Marasiah to be Leia or Padme; to fill their void in the story line. But shes not any of those characters. Marasiah is an Imperial Monarch. She has a responsibility to the greater good. She can't chase her destiny or act on whatever personal hopes she may have. She can't indulge in the things other young women her age, (even other elitists) engage in. She's not a politician who is susceptible to public whims or trends.

She has a birthright and must live a selfless life, which is above reproach. The institution of the monarchy trumps any personal ambitions or desires she may have. In her world, duty to the Empire, and to those she serves takes first priority. And this calling can come across as "cold-blooded", but it's not. It's actually quite selfless and noble.

She's different than any other heroine we've seen in SW. Her role as Empress puts her in a league all her own. She's the type of young woman that we should encourage our daughters to be. Even as a fictional character she shows more integrity, loyalty and discipline that any other commercial driven barbie-like, superficial yahoo we see in the media today. Fictional or real.

General Immodet

Oh, oh, luckily they changed the page on which Cade was lying in bed with Marasiah into Cade lying in bed with Blue... ;)

Uh-yeah... we don't talk about that. [face_plain]

If we did; some words that come to mind are: heresy, character assassination, irreputable, and inexcusable.

GrandAdmiralJello

Her Imperial Highness -- now Her Imperial Majesty -- is obviously the most important character in Legacy and anybody who disagrees is emphatically wrong.

Obviously we emphatically agree.

Thus, the only explanation for her disappearance was that she was off doing important things while Cade was snorting death sticks and Stazi was scowling at the camera and swooshing his cloak about.

True. She was behind the scenes working to build an alliance with the Jedi and putting the collateral of her personal reputation on the line to secure the Jedi an audience with Stazi.

On another note:

I'm not sure I like K'krunk's attitude in the preview. The master Jedi must have checked his manners at the door. Apparently it's the cold-hearted Imperial who wants to guarantee personal freedoms in this new government and not the compassionate Jedi Master.

Stazi looks like a wanted poster off an Area 51 website. ]-} What's up with that? I always enjoy the attention Jan gives to facial characteristics, and the overall detail she gives to aliens. I don't see any of that here. If it weren't for the dialogue, personalities present and Leia'esque hair-do and diadem, I wouldn't know it was Sia.

On the positive: Coruscant looked cool. The skyline was damaged, very realistic after the war.

And, of course, Master Draco. [face_love]

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I completely agree.

Glad that Legacy Volume II looks like it will really focus on the Fel Imperials.

I think it was Nick and the Fleet Junkie group :p , they should have invented an IK starfighter squadron!

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    THE_PIED_PIPER Ah! It's been a while since I've seen you around. We always saw eye to eye about the Princess-now-Empress. Refreshing to have a sensible viewpoint!

Needless to say, I thoroughly agree with your post, particularly the response to The Supreme Chancellor.

.....okay, well, I disagree about Draco, but we already knew that too :p

THE_PIED_PIPER likes this.
  18. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose. Other than the IKs, it seemed like the Felpire as an entity had long stretches where they didn't show up in roles that were all that significant.