main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH IMPORTANT: about DLP screening disturbing potential news!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Luukeskywalker, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I just ran into a thread concerning the fact that it seems that soom cinemas are starting to remove AOTC from digital screens around the country. IT isn't gaurenteeing anything, but just something I think we should look into ASAP. Here is the link to the thread.

click here

2. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Luuke-
    I just got off the phone with Cinemark ValleyView and was told that
    AOTC in Digital was scheduled for "One more week".
    Which would mean the last day to see the movie in Digital there would be next Thursday, June 20.

Ugh!

DW

3. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    You're kidding?! Well, shoot!

4. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    If that's true then would anyone want to see it as a group again?
    We could plan on going the same Sat. 29th. Maybe we could do a cook out and play some games or watch some movies or whatever.

5. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    That sounds like a good plan to me jedibri :)

6. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I agree. Sounds like it would be a fun idea.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Cookout/AOTC (digital or not) with you guys sounds like fun! We're already talking about moving our "meeting" to a park along the canal by Valleyview.

Feel free to PM me about specific questions you may have for Saturday June 29th. Should we start calling this "Star Wars Celebration II.5?"

8. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I think this has to do with the contractual obligation that AOTC had with movie theaters. By contract, it was supposed to play in the largest auditoriums at cinemas for the first four weeks of release. Unfortunately, for many cinemas the DLP is the largest. So, profit motivates these theaters to remove the DLP presentation if the movie isn't bringing people in.

I actually saw AOTC in DLP for the second time, this week while visiting family in Memphis. My wife, father and I went to an early Wednesday show at the Malco Cordova. I was suprised to see that the cinema was rather full, and it was a huge auditorium. Maybe people were on vacation. Who knows?

My advice: If you haven't done DLP, do so ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.