main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Important Announcement

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthWormie, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey gang,

I just want to take a minute and let you all know that I have decided to step down from my position as Co-CR of the group. I've already informed Chris and Meri of my decision.

It's a decision I've been waffling over for for almost 6 months. It's not that I don't enjoy my position here, it's just that I've got so much going on right now in my life, both professionally and personally. My ability to participate as fully as I should in group activities is not in my mind adequate enough to merit holding onto my title. There are several of you who I feel are more up to the challenge of being a CR than I currently am.

I've been doing this for about 2 years now and quite honestly have had a blast. We went through some pretty quiet times where there wasn't much going on but rebounded strongly over the past year. With new members and more meets, the group is as strong now as it has been since I first joined. With the group being as stable as it has been in a while, I think this is the best time for me to turn the position over to another member.

From talking with Chris, I know he would still like to have a 'Co-CR' to serve with, and I think that's a great idea. Having a couple of go-to people has worked out great for the group since we merged Foxboro and Boston together. A great example of that teamwork was the unbelievable success we had this year at SMF. With that said, I encourage anyone who is interested in sharing the responsibilities of CR with Chris, to contact him and let him know. Until a new Co-CR is chosen, I will continue on with the position. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Now with this announcement I want to stress that I am not leaving the boards, I'm just stepping down from my position. I'll still make an effort to stop by regularly and make it to as many meets as my schedule allows. I also pledge my help towards the planning for SMF as well as any other convention you guys feel we should have a presence at. All you need to do is PM, email or call and I'll help as much as I can. I always will.

Thanks again for all of your help, large or small in helping us accomplish alot of good things over the past couple of year. To whoever decides to join Chris among the rank of CR, I offer you all of my support and wishes for nothing but good luck.

MTFBWY....always!

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Good to know you're remaining a part of the group, Mike. I'm afraid I'd make a poor choice of CR, as I can't make it to every meet. I'd be OK w/ Chris becoming our sole CR...he's been around FanForce a lot longer than most of the rest of us.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Completely understandable Mike. I still feel guilty for leaving you guys so suddenly 2 years ago, and you and Chris have both done a fantastic job. Good luck with all of life's craziness, and I'm glad you'll still be around. :)

4. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I am glad that Mike will still be around.

It would be hard to imagine fanforce without him.

Mike has been nothing less than outstanding as a CR and his leadership skills are ones to be replicated.

Without Mike we wouldn't have the great banners and t-shirt logos either.

And Mike had taken a lot of the leg work to get us a table at SMF the last few years

I wish I had better computer skills but mine are limited. Thank goodness for Mike.

Thank you Mike and whenever you may want to be a CR again it will be waiting for you. :)

Anyone interested please feel free to PM me or post you interest in being Co-CR.

5. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    What does the "job" entail?

6. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Korey (WifeOfVader) has expressed interest in the position of Co-CR with our group and has messaged myself and DarthWormie.

If there aren't any other people seeking the position then how does everyone feel about her as as CR.

I myself feel that she has the enthusiasm and abilities for the position and would make a fine CR.

If you agree or disagree please post and if you would like to throw your name into the ring for the position please post in this forum.

Thanks,
    Chris

7. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I second Korey she would make a fine co-CR.

Jorge

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm on board with that nomination as well. In her short time on the boards, Korey has shown all of the qualities one would want in a CR.

Just let me know when a final decision has been made. I'll then head over to the Admin boards, say my good-byes and have them transfer the title over.

9. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    No argument w/ Korey being co-CR here. :D

10. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey!

Thanks for the nominations guys... I find you faith disturbing.... hahahaha

Sorry, it's 1:30am, I've been really sick and I just finished typing something up for K2 so, I figured I would stop by while I had a free moment to myself.

I am happy to accept my role as Co-CR. I am ready to jump in and run!

LOL

Ok, time for me to run off for a few hours of shut eye.

See you all soon.... I hope!

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Korey,

You'll need to get in touch with Meri at some point to find out how to change your screen name into the oh-so spiffy Mod Blue color.

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yep, I sent her a PM with instructions, and also gave her access to the CR forum. You need to be "CR Blue" ASAP Wifey! hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.