main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Important Announcment

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    This is a hard thing that I have to announce, but it is something that I feel I really need to do. For three weeks now this thought has crossed my mind, and have now decided that I am stepping down as President of the Rebellion, and leaving the club. I have alot on my plate right now, that I need to focus on more than a failing group that is causing mass amounts of stress that just isn't worth it anymore. So, I'm officially done. Goodbye.

-Chris

2. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    To follow up that announcement, I feel I also have to follow suit and step down and leave the group as well. I'm under enough of my own stress and emotional issues that seem to get worse as the year goes on without one more thing added to the unending pile. I hate to do it but if nothing else it is needed for my own sanity.

Kaitlyn

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Seeing as there has been a sudden drop in your groups leadership I feel I must bring a few things to everyones attention.

For one, I am very sad to see what has transpired here in the past weeks. The fighting is truly not what Fanforce is all about. Chapters form and do things together merely for the love of Star wars. Pure and simple.
    Sometimes things get a little complicated or groups tend to become to busy and they forget the most simplest of rules.........keep it simple and have fun.

Everyone as a group should be able to decide the direction in which they want to go.
    With that in mind I am curious if everyone will still be attending the Feb 8th meeting. I feel its important for everyone to go to discuss this issue and perhaps try to work thru this.

Now that your group does not have a CR, you all will need to elect one in order to maintain your Chapter status. Also I do not recommend worrying about council members right now and governing structure.Most chapters dont really have one.

Main focus should be to just get together and have fun. No worries about events or charity work. Just start out slow. Do a book discussion or a movie night. Keep it light and simple. The other things will fall into place.

I am here if anyone has any questions or concerns. I check my Pm's daily so you will get an answer from me.
    I wish your group the best of luck and hope this is resolved soon. Please post in here if you plan on attending sunday.

Chin up everyone and May the Force be with you.

Strawbary

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I will attend this Sunday

5. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I don't really have much time to post, seeing as how I'm about to get kicked off by the AOL timer, but I generally agree with what Strawbary is saying... I know I haven't posted much in the debates that have happened here, but I'm breaking my general silence to say what I think before everyone goes and leaves and there will be no one to hear it. I think we basically need to get rid of any leadership positions except CR and just start out as a social group for a while, and maybe do 2 charity events a year. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's going to be anyone to take the position of CR. I would take it over since I'm on these boards every day, but I'm not going to be 18 for another 3.5 months so I can't. I don't really want anybody to completely leave this or anything, I think we just need to reform it in some ways (to make it a lot more simple and less stressful). We could even just make the CR position one that everyone whose old enough (and is willing) inherits for a short time, and then after maybe a few months, they just let another person run things for a little while. I don't think the CR or anyone else really needs to be too much in charge of the group or do much if we just do the whole mainly social group thing.

Seriously, I don't want the group to fall apart like it is now... We can exist in Fanforce as a mostly social group without any hostility over club politics and such.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I'm coming on Sunday. It's a possibility.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I will be there on Sunday. I have been through all the different evolutions of this group since 1996 and I am not about to let it go away completely. I will do all I can to make sure there is some kind of Star Wars club in Rochester and the best thing to do is be part of Fan Force. I give my full support to anyone that takes the initiative to lead this group forward. Unfortunately I cannot. I do not have the resources required to do so effectively or as required. Unfortunately there is not many of us that can. Hopefully on Sunday we can figure out how we can hold up for know yuhuntil we can get back on track.

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Good to see ya old-timer heh

8. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Count me in for the meeting too. Hope to see everyone else there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.