main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****Important*** Boardwalk meeting time changed to NOON

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Due to many rumblings out there of the time being too early, and in keeping with the laid back 'tude of us Coastal folks, we're slipping the time to NOON to meet at the Neptune's Kingdom.

This allows people coming from the city to avoid leaving at 8AM to get down in time, which was not working for a bunch of folks. It also still allows those who don't want to be there all day some extra time as well.

Those that want to buy the all day passes and ride until they puke (please don't sit next to me) can still come anytime before that and get their money's worth, as well as get a better shot at parking and avoid the "Over the hill" beach bound traffic. People can also get a bite to eat before noon so when people gather the first choice we face is not, "Where shall we have lunch?" (tip hat to Doug Adams here) but ?How many are going on the Dipper??

SO, this should work out better for everyone.

I hope.

As far as determining what we do when, I've never wrangled a group this large before, so I'm open to suggestions on how we can make timely decisions with such a diverse group. I've been to Disneyland with smaller groups and we often take a considerable chunk of time between rides trying to decide what to do next, waiting for kids to use the restrooms, trying to accommodate tastes, energy levels, mobility issues, needs for sit down time and the like.

Maybe we can work it through a consensus, or maybe I can coordinate with Matt and we can split this somehow. Or maybe I'll just let Matt take over, heck, I'm not proud. Besides, you all know that Sid works best from the shadows (grins).

On the other hand, ahem, ?Now,? standing on the platform, addressing the crowd in a strong but kindly tone, ?If you would simply place the Republic in my capable hands, it would be so much simpler, we could take action instead of talk?

*stuffs Sid back into the box*

Damn, he keeps sneaking out, if only there were more Jedi to keep him in line?

See you all there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.