main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA IMPORTANT ????? DARTH VADER COSTUME ????? PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    There is now a "Supreme Edition" Darth Vader costume for sale at Eastern Coast Costume this is the OFFICIAL episode 3 costume, and has very good detail. I myself spoke to a Titan Garrison Vader who said he was actually impressed with this Rubies version of the costume! The armor sections were made from the molds used in the film! Eastern Coast lists the costume at $700! that's $300 less than the suggested retail value of $1000!!! This is an amazing deal! If we as a group act now, we can have one in time for the Episode 3 midnight opening! This costume combined with my Force FX Darth Vader Lightsaber will create an awe inspiring presence for The Spokantina in Spokane!

Here's the deal. One of our fan force members has told me that he would be willing to spot the group for the costume for the time being, meaning he would purchase it before the premiere, on the terms that we repay him before July, this would also require us to increase the group's yearly dues to $50. You may however provide more than $50 towards the costume if you choose. A decision must be reached by tomorrow evening, so that the costume can be purchased and shipped in time for the premiere! It is MOST IMPORTANT that we get feedback on this matter as SOON AS POSSIBLE! The upside to this, is that we would have our own Vader for future public appearances/fan films/conventions! This is an amazing opportunity! Please respond to this post, and let us know if you could afford the $50 by July or could possibly provide more money to cover those who may not be able to meet the $50... Please reply as quickly as possible, and contact as many group members who don't have ready access to the boards! Thank You.

2. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    It looks great, and that's a sweet deal! :cool:

However, I'm fresh out of dough; as in, I just had enough left over (from paying bills) to get that ticket from Nick (it's that close, for now)

It would be sweet to have that kind of presence on opening night; but, with the 18th quickly approaching, we're running out of time.

We can always prepare for a presence for 2007, when the episodes will be releashed in the 3D format. Something to shoot for... [face_thinking]

3. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, so that's a no from you Scott? Remember, you'd have until July to pay the $50 dues...

4. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    I'll spot at least $50 by July easy.... I really hope we can get this .... who gets to wear it... a 5'2" Vader would be funny would it not?

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Dooooooooode! Display House has a Yoda mask and hands in stock!!! you could be YODA! Yodapimp!

6. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    We've got one "yes"
    Do I hear two?
    Edit: And speaking of Vader...
    http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/2005/05/09/[/link]

7. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    The Yoda mask at the Display House sucks... I'm very picky about my masks.

8. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    *shrug* at least the hands look neat :D

9. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    I just talked to John about this, i am willing to put $200 into getting this. For our financial backer please call me about this. i will most likely be able to put in more but ill say 200 just to be safe. We REALLY need a vader in this group. on a side note... if we have a vader a stormtrooper and if we get one more imperial *wink wink kelli to get officers done* we can become an official outpost in the 501st. i think if we have 15 or more active members we can become a squad^^. Ok, anyway, the financial backer needs to call me and i am definatly in on this!

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    For me, it's not about the money, it's about the group. Since this is technically a group purchase, we need group backing.

11. TK-3374

Nov 1, 2004
    I can put forth what need be for the group to get this. but we really need it!

12. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    Stormtrooper, Vader, Officer, Emperor...

Now what? I'm sure we can put in more for the Vader along the road, could we say each $25 is dues for one other person or an extra year?

13. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, bad news, Erich and I just read on the website (eastern coast costume) that they won't be shipping this item till 5-20-05, after the premier... which means, A: there's no way we'll get it in time for the movie and B: We've got more time to buy it. This is unfortunate, but it has some plus sides to it. That is all.

14. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I also had a thought. We can use the Vader costume for our fan film. No doubt everyone is going "duh" but now we don't need to get a Vader from the 501st.

15. TK-3374

Nov 1, 2004
    ok we dont NEED a vader to be official 501st, but it helps^^ but this costume is definatly worth investing in! we wont have it for the premere but thats ok too

16. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    I will spot up to $100 if needed I say we get it.
    "WE CAN DO IT!!!"

17. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    An update from happenings of last night's meeting...
    I met James, a cool guy, and found out that he has most of the parts for a Vader costume, save a few parts, such as the box on the front.
    My proposal is this, with James permission of course (though something tells me he will have little issue with it) that we figure out what pieces he needs nad help get them.
    Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    It is true that James has a Darth Vader costume nearing completion... however, we must remember, that it's still his not the Fan Force's... so we'd only be able to use it when he's around, or when he can get it to us, or if he wants to let us... so, it might still be in our own interest to buy one specifically for the group...

PS - James rocks!!!

19. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    True, it is James', but the same could be said if we bought our own. Someone would still have to be around to get it to us because someone would have to store it.
    As it stands right now, it might be good to get the idea of dues out to all members. That way, when another Vader costume is up for a ridiculously low price (and it will happen again I'm sure) we will be in a better position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.