Hou, TX ----- IMPORTANT DLP INFO! -------

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Willie_Scott, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willie_Scott Jedi Knight

I called Legacy in Plano. I was told AOTC will only be on the big screen until next Thursday 20th! :eek: :_|

It will be replaced by, are you ready? Lilo and Stitch! [face_devil]

It will be on the smaller DLP screen until MIB2 comes out on July 4th. :( So if you're deciding when to go, this info should help.

Sat 15th - showings on big DLP screen are:
    12:30
    4pm
    7:30
    10:40

Sat 15th - smaller DLP
    1pm
    4:30
    8:05
    11:10

Legacy in Plano - (972)527-4385 - someone actually answers this number! How amazing! :D
  2. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Lilo and Stich is exactly what I was afraid of. I knew Disney was really pushing having this in DLP theaters. It makes little sense to me, though, for theaters to pull AOTC out so soon if it is still doing SO well.

Well, anyway...thank you very much for the information. We will definitely be there this Saturday for a showing (or hopefully, two). :)

I'll post the final details in the thread our city rep created in the DFW FF board.
  3. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i guess there was a different agreement for how long they were required to show aotc in dlp. we were in the bigger theater last saturday night and it was probably 3/4 full!
    i can understand mib2 (almost), but i don't know why a cartoon requires dlp. great thinkin' cinemark!!! <--sarcasm
  4. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    I knew Disney was really pushing having this in DLP theaters. It makes little sense to me, though, for theaters to pull AOTC out so soon if it is still doing SO well.

From a financle standpoint, it is indeed stupid. They are packing in SW fans from all over, they should leave it in all summer, because the SW fans will keep coming all summer. From an artistic standpoint, though, it does make a little sense. Animation actually displays better on a DLP, whereas RL (real-life) elements display better on a film print. Still, AOTC is more animated than not, so they should just leave it in anyway.

Now I am confused about something, someone said that AOTC was only showing on one DLP screen currently. Those going might want to verify this as true or not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.