Important EU BESIDES novels

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sn4tcH, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Sn4tcH Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm reading the novels, I've already bought them all, I'm done with that part of the EU, at least ownership wise.

Today I went out and bought Dark Empire I and Rogue Squadron: The Phantom Affair TPB. (And I am looking all over for the first 4 issues of RS)

I plan on getting the rest of RS, All the Clone Wars TPB, Dark Empire II, and Empires End. Is there any other essential/important EU I should be getting at least comic book wise? Like I said, my novels collection is complete (Except YJK, but those are coming out in those nice collections so I'll scoop them up when complete)

And if there's anything else you consider important to the EU that's not a novel or comic, tell me please. All my friends are avid Star Wars fans but have never really known anything but the movies, and I'm trying to build a collection that will be able to help them with any questions.

Thank you ahead of time.
  2. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    The Essential Guides are all very good....

Except for maybe Chronology....

But yeah.... I don't know if thats what you mean by EU, but they are helpful in answering questions...
  3. Iron_Fist Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If they don't want to read everything, Timetales is an excellent reference that chronicles practically every single piece of Star Wars info out there. That and the Completely Unoffical Encyclopaedia are both brilliant sources of answers for questions. :)

Like Hammer said, the Essential Guides are also quite interesting, as they are basically encyclopaedias on the characters, vehicles, vessels, spacecraft, and weaponry of the Star Wars universe. Some of the RPG Sourcebooks are also reputed to be quite good, but I don't know much about them, sorry. Apart from comics (which I think you're getting the main scoop of :)), the only other "important" parts of the EU I'd recommend are the Clone Wars cartoons, which are slated for an upcoming DVD release, IIRC. They fill in the story between AOTC and ROTS, and they're apparently quite good. :)

I_F
  4. Sn4tcH Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually have an old essential character guide... really old. I remember getting it in Junior High, because I wanted to learn more about Prince Xizor, and he wasn't even in it. And at the time that was when Shadows was like THE BOOK. I actually was at the book store today, and read the Chronology. But yeah, I need to update my essential guides. But so far it seems like I have the comics. What about the book Union, it has the marriage of Luke and Mara. Unless it also happens in a novel, wouldn't that be important?

Also, where does the BIRTH of Anakin Solo happen?
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Anakin's born in Dark Empire II I believe.

The New Essential Guide to Characters is quite good, but I've heard mixed reports about the other updates.

The Tales of the Jedi comics have most of the info on the Old (~4000 pre ANH) Republic, along with the Knights of the Old Republic game.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.