main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT Forum Announcement ? All members please read!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsenal2002

Arsenal2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    History tends to repeat itself. Keep that in mind, Arsenal.

Where did they did up this old fossil? :p

2. BoboliFett

BoboliFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Bravo Jasman!

3. BrAd-Is-BaD

BrAd-Is-BaD Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2002
    My point exactly.

4. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Thank you, but I take great offense at your usage of the week-long banable [face_plain] icon.

Please remove it from your post immediately.

;)

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Jasman, you should create a sock and then post something stupid. See if everyone is following the rules...

...or would that be entrapment? :D

6. JediKnight3

JediKnight3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Begun this newbie war has.

7. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    So does this mean we can be rude to everyone else except Newbies?

If newbies are those who just signed up, than this being May, the April newbies are fair game? Correct?

;)

8. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002

"Enter the Admins...the true rulers of the Jedi Council. And on the payroll of the Anti-Poop Federation, I might add. This is where YodaoftheSith's strength will disappear."

9. JediKnight3

JediKnight3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Seriously though, are new members really so affected by being teased or given a hard time that we need to take action like this?

10. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I sort of considered it a rite of passage, initiation to be dogged on after my first post. Are we denying these newbies the learning experience necessary to truly survive in these boards?

;)

Again, I jest.

11. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    "dear AYBABTU" is a good example of a thread that can bait flames.

Don't give in to it!!

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    There's something to be said for the idea that giving newbies a hard time is what keeps them coming back for more. Once they get the idea that they aren't wanted, then they become more determined than ever to join. Keep in mind that being a Star Wars fan isn't very hard. "I like Star Wars. Now I'm a fan." See how easy it is?

Giving newbies crap promotes the illusion of exclusivity.

13. ROSSVADER

ROSSVADER Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    Or maybe its the other way thell turn to spiderman fan and leave us ?[face_plain]

14. SySnooty

SySnooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2002
    I try to treat Newbies with the respect I got when I joined, and I was treated well. It's all good.

15. Arsenal2002

Arsenal2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Seriously though, are new members really so affected by being teased or given a hard time that we need to take action like this?

Yes, see, what we don't realize in that in three months, these traumatized youths are going to come back with weapons and take us out. So no cat-pic, face-plain bullying.

Mmm-kay.

16. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    i never understood it why people have to post that a topic should be locked and all that crap, if you dont like something dont post there, its very simple

17. ROSSVADER

ROSSVADER Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    And not even for newbies I see people post something and they get discuraged by people say there thread is stupid when they really meant it, there just to mean!

18. Attacking-Newbie

Attacking-Newbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    YES! Long live the newbies, holy crap, amazing new footage on E! newsdaily. NEw arena, chase, and jango footage. I almost just crapped my pants. Obi-Wan force dropkicks Jango out of the air! Looked awesome as hell! In the new chase footage Anakin is making a fast descent laughing while obi-wan is freaking out. As for the arena there was only an extended shot of a scene from Clone War. Sorry, i got off topic.

19. Darth-Walken

Darth-Walken Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Well everyone, Episode II is only a few days away now :) So why can't we all just chill out, sit back in our metaphorical armchairs, and enjoy a few coffees and beers together :) I say that life is too short to worry about cats and dogs and chickens and all that balony [face_laugh] Come on everybody ! Lets sing and dance and roll around on the deck, laughing like the loons we are ! Ha ha ha ha :) It's good to laugh ! Seriously, who really gives a monkey's ? Love, everyone ! It's all you need :) The mods are cool. GriffZ is cool. Cats are cool. Newbies are cool. Oldies are cool. It's all brilliant ! Brilliant, I say ! Just relax and let all your negative energy disappear. It's so beautiful.

20. jpbarbia

jpbarbia Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Jas,
    I guess I am a "Newbie", I have to agree with you about this, although I havent gotten alot of flack from people, most are very helpful, there is still alot of egocentric jerks who think they are so great because they have been a member since 99. Hey guys guess what this thing is only 4 years old so how exactly does anyone feel superior when these boards are so new...compared to the duration of the Old Republic that is. Also I was wondering Jas, how does one be selected to be a mod or admin? I was just wondering.
    Thanks

21. Live Fast...Dianoga

Live Fast...Dianoga Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2000
    I gotta say, ill miss the cat. :( but i'm all for a kinder, gentler PSA. too bad the lighthearted stuff has to be thrown out with the truly offensive. babies and bathwater, i tell ya.

22. Stonyatti

Stonyatti Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2001

Talk about redundant threads!

Geez!!

[face_plain]

23. Attacking-Newbie

Attacking-Newbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    I've been coming here for a while and when I finally decided to start posting I chose my name to see what kind of reaction I would get and surprisingly I've never been treated in a negative manner. God I want to see that force dropkick that was just on E! again.

24. DiMiT

DiMiT Jedi Master star 3

Mar 26, 2001
    good topic/post

uhm am I a newbie still when do you make the transition to uhm er padawan

25. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I'm not a newbie to the JCF, but I've only started posting in 2000...but I've never received any disrespect...maybe a couple of posts that's borderline, but nothing bad...

But I think part of this can be attritubed to the fact that I've been visiting this board since 1998, so I already knew the rules before I made my first post.

Believe it or not, most other star wars board do not contain so many rules and restrictions on postings...certainly, the JCF has no choice in this matter as these boards gets 12,000 posts a day, but it does mean people who've never encountered the JCF will make innocent mistakes when posting.

I feel the hostility against newbies who make simple mistakes have gotten out of hand at times though, and I know of at least one star wars board where they consider the JCF to be 'fanboy hell'...sad but not without validation. :(

Anyway, I hope that newbies will be treated with more patience than what some of us has offered to them in the past. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.