main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT Forum Announcement ? All members please read!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jasman, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Oh that's real mature, WOS. It's so nice to see you've finally mastered sarcasm.

[face_plain]

2. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Wow, WoS and Griffz, you two are real brain boxes. I hope I can be just like you one day.

3. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    "Buh-bye again, Arse ... nal. "

Back when Arsenal1234 was around, I actually got a 24 slap for putting his name like that. So why is it in a thread that's telling people not to say stuff like that?

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    YOTS
    I had a feeling it would be over soon. i believe you would make a good mod. so i will change that part of my sig. however i think ur problem was you had too many apprentices.
    i belive i know which apprentice u referred to. i was unable to get on yesterday and read up. so i checked today and i am very upset about what occured, but if this is the apprentice, we must remember his inmaturity.
    i still consider myself a new member to these forums, but i agree with jasman that the new members [newbies is a term that disrespects the members in my opinion]
    i was called a natzi by a certain member and had a hard time with that member. luckily it stopped. i was even mistaken for u yots and had a pm that said who died and made u ceasar. i had no idea what he was talking about. certain members don't belong in these forums and don't learn lessons. we have to deal with it. like it or not that is life. there r many foolish and immature people. we members must treat everyone equaly. i am catholic so i guess i should say this
    "treat others the way you want to be treated". if someone treats you cruely don't do the same. it shows that you are the better person for not being angry and replying. my new quote " treat new members the way you want to be treated".
    Yodaminch

5. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I learned from the best, Griff. [face_plain]

Oh, and Ignant, it's you who should be praised for you're incredibly witty and intelligent posts. You're a pinnacle of cleverness. [face_plain]

*wonders if he went overboard* :confused:

6. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    We should probably stop before we recieve week-long bannings.

[face_plain]

7. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    It looks like your right Empress... :(

OMG You'd better edit that post!!! ;)

8. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    *Walks in*

*Reads post*

No one ever treated me like a "newbie"

*Walks out*

9. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    I need a screen shot of the old lady in "Holy Grail" seen beating a cat against a wall....

10. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Don't tempt me...

:mad:

11. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    [image=http://rfblues.aaanime.net/Sessions/Session22-5.jpg]

You best be careful, sarcasm is illegal in these here parts. :p ;)

12. JANGO--FETT

JANGO--FETT Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Oh Lord.

Oh God.

Oh Jesus.

Sarcasm, isn't it a beautiful thing?

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

-Jango Fett

P.S. YOTS, get a life.

13. Jerjerrod

Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 1999
    Having been here for many, many years now I think I'll reply to all of this.

It's like "newbies" are becoming more important then the people who actually have been here forever and always been here. How many of the people that register and immediately post away, actually stick around all that long anyways?

I have no problem with you trying to halt relentless bashing of a 'newbie', but sometimes things just get old. I mean there is the "New To the Forums" post, rules, explanations, etc, etc....that are ignored by a vast majority of people who have just signed up. If they cannot take a few minutes to actually read the rules, and then look through the boards for the thread, and yes there will be one on whatever topic they are posting 999 times out of a 1000, then I don't see why those of us who've been here 3-4 years and have seen these same topics, every other day for that entire time, have to weed through alll the redundancy to find some good posts.

I'm not saying that it should be open season on the "newbies", but perhaps a stricter registering process and some way of ensuring everybody who signs up actually reads the rules and checks out the "try here first" thread directing them to everything.

I know not allowing a newly registered fan to post for a certain amount of visits to the board would never be adopted, but something like it should possibly be considered. I just get tired of seeing someone who just registered, disregard everything and post that "Anakin is 10 years older in star wars II!"....and more so I get tired of seeing it everyday.

Again, I'm not advocating allowing people to totally trash 'newbies' but banning people for anything not completely positive towards a newly registered person seems a stretch.

I think the sarcasm and angry posts towards "newbies" would be greatly decreased if they were more forced to adhere to rules and actually look for pre-existing threads.....just locking the threads doesn't work, because it continues to happen everyday.

I want more people to keep coming and feel welcome here, and I don't want new people to get a negative vibe or refuse to return, but then again it's not fair to chase off people who've been here forever simply because they don't want to sit back and just 'ignore' all the reduntant posts, locked or not, that are non-stop.

As far as a newbie posting in a thread and saying something a bit reduntant, I think that's perfectly fine and should be expected and people should cut them some slack, but I think people find it hard to do sometimes.

14. Mace_Windoo

Mace_Windoo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Hmmmm...I say do away with the damn cats. I say do away with the damn poop. I say do away with the damn newbies.

Oh...whoops...I mean....

;)

-Mace Windoo

15. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Fun is fun I like a good laugh [face_laugh]
    But I don't like a smart A$$ :mad:
    Good post JASMAN. :)

16. EmpressPalpatine

Mar 31, 2001
    well, if having a little harmless fun here is a crime, then I belong on Death Row...

17. Mace_Windoo

Aug 13, 2001
    Ahhh, so go sit in a corner and cry.

It's for your own good guys.

:)

-Mace Windoo

18. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Girls, just wanna have fun...

Oh, girls just wanna have fun...

19. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    You should know, Griff. [face_mischief]

20. Mace_Windoo

Aug 13, 2001
    Ouch, low blow.

You've been disqualified.

-Mace Windoo

21. EmpressPalpatine

Mar 31, 2001
    well, yeah, Griff would know..

remember, he's my favorite Canadian brew [face_love] [face_blush]

22. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
  23. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Getting a little off topic, aren't we? 8-}

ST

24. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6669433&replies=55

CLOSE please... FAKE!

25. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Now I have 'Girls just wanna have fun' stuck in my head. Of course I do have it looped on the CD player [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.