main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY IMPORTANT: I am resigning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Due to the fact that I no longer have as much time on the Net as I used to I'm resigning as CR.

Hawk has been notified and I'm awaiting a PM from him. Start thinking about filling the chair guys.

EDIT: Just got a PM from Hawk, as far as I can tell you post your nominations here guys and then we vote by PMing him our votes.

That way it's a kinda secret ballot.

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Indeedy, though if you can't find more than one nominee, I really only need an indication that everyone is in agreement about it. Thanks again for all your work, Katana. :)

3. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    :eek: What?!?

You do realise that nobody else frequents the boards all that often, don't you?

Is that the only reason? I suppose it is quite an important one, but there may be ways around it.

4. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    . . . . what? resigning???

5. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    You've done us proud katana for establishing FF TAS. Hope everything in the future goes well for you.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I have considered this long and hard and I hate to put this on you, but here are the reasons:

1. I am no longer online as much as I once was.
    2. I am no longer at uni and this may make it hard for me to attend meetings as they were generally during uni hours.
    3. There's also the transport issue, until I find work it's expensive for me to get into town everyday.
    4. I may not be in Tas for much longer anyway, in six months we're talking of moving to Melbourne so I'll connect up with PS and the FF there.

I'm nominating Viceroy, we talked about this early in the years, he's on the spot and may be able to do more than I am. I wish you were here though, Amaya.

7. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Heh, so do I. I sense difficult times ahead for our fledgling FanForce. I have no doubt that The Viceroy will fill the position excellently however, I just see it as a demoralising issue that two of the original members are no longer able to be active in the field. (Especially demoralising for me is that I'm the other one:p )

Yet we will prevail!

I will also probably be in Melbourne next year, as I've decided that I need to get my career sorted. I'm hoping to do this music teaching masters. It's a year and a half long, so I should be able to drop down now and then to visit everyone and hopefully participate in some FF activities!

But anyway, back to the topic. What do you say to this, Viceroy? And what exactly is the state of the FF right now? As in, how many active members do we have apart from those of us who troll the boards?

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I've tried to get the guys in Hobart to post on here, but it's a losing battle. We got more members in O-week (about 4 I think) but the hardly post here either.

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    New news, I didn't pass all my units lasts semester, just heard. It was that dratted Ideas of Authorship.

Just what I hate, I learnt all those new Lit theories and stuff and I didn't make the cut.

So I'm back for another smemester and it looks as if I'll be graduating with you, Viceroy. :(

I'm just e-mailing Narelle now and letting her know I'm doing her English unit.

10. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Bad news Katana I feel :_| for you.

But does this mean that you'll stay on as Chapter Rep?

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm not sure, to tell the truth we're not doing much at all other than posting on this board!

My classes are Fridays and every second Monday, not really optimal time you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.