main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX IMPORTANT Is anyone interested.....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Dec 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    I know many of us use ICQ or IM, but would anybody be interested and or use a chat room if we set one up for DFW Fanforce? I know we are trying to steer clear of over using the net versus meeting face to face, but it would be just another tool we would have at our disposal in addition to the forums and the DFW web site. We would be using a web-based chat room as a trial set up and if we decide it looks like it's something we want to expand on, we'll do it. Please speak up and let us know what you think. Good idea, bad idea. Interested, not interested. Care, don't care.

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    As someone who's irc'd for the past 6-7 years or done chats, I'm game :) I only ask that you don't bother with Y! IM group chats.. they blow chunks.. otherwise my compy should be able to handle most web-based chats (although I admit I prefer irc).

Don't underestimate the online "meetings".. I realize FF is meant to be for getting together in RL, but those online meetings might help the RL things go smoother too :)

As far as any personal chat programs, I have mine listed on my profile but I really don't check up on them very often anymore (one of my NY's resolutions is to cut back on online time and I've already done that quite a bit so far as it is).

Looking forward to seeing more discussion on this subject...

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

3. DarthRain

DarthRain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    2 words.......

HECK YES !!!!

4. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL, Chad :) I hardly ever see you or Aaron online anymore.. miss chattin' w/ you guys.. we should try to log on sometime and yak for a bit heheheh :D

(although I'll stress it again, I hate Y! IM conferences.. LMAO!!) ;)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

5. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    "If you honor what they fight for...YES."

B?)

6. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH ME?!!!!!!
    YOU THINK YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO CHAT WITH ME?!!!!!!
    IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!!!!!!

okay, then. =)

7. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    **pulls out lightsabre to defend himself and slowly backs away from Kurgan** =?)

8. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Insanity rox.

9. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Sometimes I wonder how I fit in this group, and then Brandon posts that, and I remember. ;-)>

I'm in for a chat, as long as I'm home. Can't do it from the place of employment, due to a MAD anal firewall.

10. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    So Tim, I'm thinkin' so far it looks like a "go" :) What're you going to do.. put one together and link from the webpage? You could also put a little notice up of when the next meeting/chat will be (if that's what you're planning)...

anyway.. looking forward to seeing how it all pulls together if you decide to put one up...

take care,
    Cynthia

11. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    The set up I have chosen is by invitation only, so if you have an email in your personal profile I have already sent you an invite, please follow the instructions. If you don't have it listed there, please email me your address, so I can send one to you.

12. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    yay :) Thanks.. I joined it.. see everyone else there...

Cynth

13. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Am I doing something wrong? I got regestered there and did a search for "DFW Fanforce" and I got nothing. I even tried "fanforce" and didn"t get anything. I'm at a loss. =)

14. Old-Jedi

Nov 25, 2000
    You're probably doing a general search. Go to CHAT then one of the options is going directly to a chat room, or something similar. Type in DFW Fanforce and GO. That should do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.