main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Important Jedi Journal poll

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Apr 17, 2002.

?

Important Jedi Journal poll

Poll closed Apr 18, 2002.
  1. Yes, invite them

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No, don't invite them

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I wish I'd thought of this sooner, but I didn't. I was thinking of emailing the Plain Dealer and seeing if we could get Sunday's meeting listed in Jedi Journal, inviting anybody that wanted to come. It's probably too late anyhow, but please vote on whether you want to extend an open invite to anybody or just keep it people who post here. Please vote early and vote often, this poll ends tomorrow.

Remember, only people who post here count towards us becaming an official Fan Force chapter, so anybody coming because of the Plain Dealer wouldn't count towards that. Unless they signed up here.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I say we invite the Jedi Journal to come profile our group, but not to open invite everyone to this meeting so that they just come to get their pictures in the paper. However, when the column is printed I suggest Jedi Journal mentions that other people can join and give them directions about how they can.

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Now that REALLY sucks because I can't go, so I voted NO. Not that it really matters because I'll lose, but considering I'm ticked off about not going, it felt good to vote no...well enough of my babble go have a fun meeting without me...*sigh*

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Actually, I'm kinda liking Random's idea of having a write-up in Jedi Journal about how to join, rather than an open invitiation.

Also, like I said, it's probably too late to get into the next Journal.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    But of course we should try to get our group profiled as I said too. I wanna be in the paper for helping to found this thing!

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm a little slow today (woke up Wed Italy 7:30 AM didn't get to sleep until 4 AM USA=25 hour day) so please explain what's going on in small words:

Who are the "Jedi Journal?"
    What's this have to do with "The Plain Dealer?"

If they are another group of SW fans...I'd say invite them. When they come to one of our meetings, we can explain that we're part of a Force.net Fanforce. Then they can register here at Force.net (since you have to be registered with the discussion forums to be counted as part of the official attendance). It's free...so it's not like it will cost anything...and we can really grow as a Fanforce!

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    that would be cool to ask them. We might get in the newspaper. :D

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Krash, Jedi Journal is a special section of the Sunday Plain Dealer paper that offers introspect into Attack Of The Clones, by dealing with plot information, Lucas' dealings with other companies for merchandising, etc. We were wondering if they could profile our group, interview us about our happenings, and get us some publicity to increase our membership. If you recall, this section was found every Sunday in the paper when TPM came out too. Remember what Mace said, "There aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic." We need to get our numbers up!

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    well Krash may not be able to find the last two journals because [face_blush] I took them from the newspaper already. I'll show him when i get home from school.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Did Random just say "introspect?" [face_laugh]

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes Don, I did say "introspect." I was up until 4:00 AM last night working on a genetics paper, and I got up at 8:15 AM. I posted this after very little sleep. You'd be surprised by the stuff your mind conjures up on only a few hours of sleep...

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Ah, that explains it. 'Cause, you see, according to my dictonary "introspect" isn't a word. "Introspective" and "introspection," yes, "introspect," no. Oh, well, not a big deal. I'm sure everybody got what you were saying.

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I've just invited Julie Washington to our next meeting. Let's try and have a good showing, and not make me look like an idiot, ok?

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Oops, to late, just kidding.

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Is she coming, or you just invited her?

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I just invited her.

18. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "You'd be surprised by the stuff your mind conjures up on only a few hours of sleep..."

Try chasing the sun on a 9 hour flight across the Atlantic (my damn luggage is supposed to be delivered this afternoon). Funny thing is, I'm still functioning on Rome time! 6AM here is like noon there; and I haven't woken up at 6AM (without a herd of Banthas stomping through my room) since high school. Couldn't sleep a wink on either the flight in or out...but I'm not very tired; I'm sure that's gonna change soon!

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    OH YA! TRY CHASING THE SUN, PERIOD! Seriously, it's so hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.